Project CARS 2 Sunday 17th December: Porsche Supercup @ Nürburgring - Completed (2 Viewers)

What kind of setup rules?

• Default Setups

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Custom Setups

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No preference

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Don't panic, my race pace is nothing like as quick :)

only a 1:56.9 then, eh? I haven't even cracked the 2:00 barrier so far. o_O

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
only a 1:56.9 then, eh? I haven't even cracked the 2:00 barrier so far. o_O
Me neither, I might settle on a consistent 2:02....well....might

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A bit of background for those fairly new to us, theres 2 things Cluck is really great at: hotlapping, and finding new ways to dnf. It's Puffy staying suspiciously quiet you want to be worried about! ;)

Anyway, dont forget race 2 is a reverse top 10 grid, we could yet have an underdog taking their first win...

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Cluck1.jpg
Cluck1.jpg

Maybe this is the reason

cluck2.jpg

Actually come to think of it it more likely to be

Cluck3.jpg

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those struggling with the track, these are the gears I use. Some corners have to be taken differently, depending on what TC setting you have

T1 - Start braking just before the kerbs on the left (just after the 100m board I think). You might have been able to snatch 6th gear, if you got a good exit for the straight. Brake hard and drop down to 2nd for the turn in. Turn in hard, whilst still using a VERY light amount of brakes, to turn the car in a little sharper. If you're using TC, you can afford to drop it into 1st gear, then mash the throttle
T2 - Turn in in 3rd gear and drop to 2nd mid-corner. Get on the power earlier than you think, it's a semi-blind corner for pin-pointing the right time to accelerate. Don't go wide on the exit, the kerbs have a drop in them that will unsettle the car horribly.
T3 - Brake hard and drop to 2nd gear for the turn-in. If you're running TC, drop to 1st gear as you clip the kerb on the inside. Without TC, safer to leave it in 2nd.
T4 - 2nd gear and take a tight line to the right, aiming to straddle the white line to the left at the exit. Grab 3rd at the exit of this turn, onto the short run to T5.
T5 - Brake after the last distance board from 4th/5th into 3rd. It's a high-rev 3rd, but gives you a tighter line than 4th. For the ideal line, take a LOT of kerb on the inside and keep your foot hard on the loud pedal - the kerb will tuck you in nicely, giving you the perfect line for T6
T6 - 2nd gear. Again, it's high revs but it gives a tighter line for a good exit. Grab 3rd at the exit of the turn.
T7 - There are 2 sections of kerbing heading into this corner. Brake about 20% of the way into the first section of kerbing and slow down to take 2nd gear for the turn itself. Tuck in tightly to the kerbs on the right (but not taking any of the kerbing itself) and get hard on the loud pedal for the Schumacher Esses of T8/T9.
T8 - 4th gear. Take the car out wide to the right to start and then cut in sharply, using a LOT of kerb on the inside. The car will feel quite unsettled but don't panic, just balance any instability with the throttle, keeping your foot hard to the floor for the entry to T9
T9 - 4th gear still but into 5th at the exit of the corner, when the kerbs finish on the left
T10 - 3rd gear. If you take a lot of kerb and you're running without TC, expect to be dancing a bit on the throttle but I found this by far and away the fastest approach to this corner. I start braking just before the green tarmac on the right, before the turn.
T11 - Brake earlier than you think and get into 3rd gear. Take a tight line to the right, with a little use of the inside kerb and really get on the power early. This is a key corner for a good lap that exemplifies the "slow in, fast out" approach.
T12 - flat. Do NOT touch the inside kerb
T13 / T14 - 2nd (you might get away with 1st if you're using TC but I always took 2nd). I can't remember the braking point, sorry, it's between 2 of the distance boards - EDIT : Between the 150m and 100m boards. Take a hard, sharp line for T13 and play with the throttle and the steering to get the car stable for T14 and a good exit up to T15.
T15 - 2nd or 3rd. 2nd lets you get on the power a little earlier but, without TC, you need to be gentle on the throttle. If you're running TC, definitely 2nd gear and just mash it, grabbing 3rd gear before the exit of the corner.
Jeremy Clarkson said:
And across the line

Hope that helps

EDIT : Added a few more bits of detail and adjusted a few other parts. This was initially done from memory but I've just rewatched the recording of my lap and noticed a few discrepancies.

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A bit of background for those fairly new to us, theres 2 things Cluck is really great at: hotlapping, and finding new ways to dnf. It's Puffy staying suspiciously quiet you want to be worried about! ;)

Anyway, dont forget race 2 is a reverse top 10 grid, we could yet have an underdog taking their first win...
I just now came back from a test trip in Finnland ;)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had to google that :D

Worry not I only have residual tiredness ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Which default will we be using?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Which default will we be using?
I would have expected to get the 'loose' setup for wheel users and 'stable' for those on a controller. What I am not sure about is whether those using a gamepad are forced to 'loose' if that's what the host is using.

If anybody has a gamepad and has experience of joining forced default setup lobbies, perhaps they can answer that.

EDIT : And Shepard, I've edited your post. If that word I've changed was meant in jest, a ;) after it would have been nice :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
And Shepard, I've edited your post. If that word I've changed was meant in jest, a ;) after it would have been nice :)
Agree... my bad...forum-fu isn't my best skill. It was not meant in a negative way.

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Project PD [GER]
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For educational purposes, this is how you go about doing a 1m57 lap in quali conditions (date and time are correct but I think I might have got the clouds wrong :eek:). Traction control is 'Off' and ABS is set to 'Low'. No adjustment to the brake bias, 100% default 'Loose' setup. The lap starts at the end of a lap done in helmet cam (which I can't get used to) which was the 1st lap after the outlap (this session started with 22L of fuel in the tank).

This is a genuine attempt to help those that are struggling with the car/circuit combo. Hopefully it will help you pinpoint braking points, how hard to turn in, when to get on the power etc. (listen to the engine note for clues on throttle use). The start of the second sector is pretty scruffy, I was busy looking down at the timing split on the dashboard at the time and then lost a bit of concentration!

EDIT : For those not aware of my hardware, I use a Logitech G29 wheel with Fanatec CSP v3 pedals (the normal ones, not the inverted model). VR is an Oculus DK2.

Last edited:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this cluck. :)

-=EV3RY=-

Community Member
Reaction score
After seeing this I managed to knock 2 secs off my time :)
Thx Cluck

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wont be making this sorry. Im at a xmas party tomorow...

Users who are viewing this thread