Project CARS 2 Sunday 17th December: Porsche Supercup @ Nürburgring - Completed (1 Viewer)

What kind of setup rules?

• Default Setups

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Custom Setups

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No preference

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
What pace is everyone doing? 57s for me, 59s for Kman. If anyone asking who this is, this is Manuuuuuuuu haha

Greetings from South Africa (apparently logged into the wrong account :punch::D)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi nighttiger. How r u good buddy?
Mum is down - not seen her in 18 months. I’m going to have to pass good mate. My apologies
Hey Ranj, yeah I'm fine! Alright I'll take you off the list, have a nice evening!

@Phos4us You are now in for the event, if you do not respond then the spot goes to @Invincible

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
What pace is everyone doing? 57s for me, 59s for Kman. If anyone asking who this is, this is Manuuuuuuuu haha

Greetings from South Africa (apparently logged into the wrong account :punch::D)
You are both driving on the same account? Because you are listed as two different drivers for the event?

Phos4us

Community Member
Reaction score
I will be there.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll be around...if there is a spot, count me in :)

G

Gopher04

Someone else can move up for me, I'm not going to be back in time for it, enjoy the race guys..

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for "heavy breathing" sound, I have no idea how my Rift mic was enabled and my Headset disabled (???) and it was hard in Rift to see that.

I was really happy to have one more race before New Year but...... I didn't wrote here that I can't drive so I did everything to make it in time.
My wife is in 9th month of pregnancy and I needed some things to do for her before the race so I was 2 minutes late because I thought that my place is reserved in the grid.
:(

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very fun 1st race....forgot to take reply if someone can post it here, cheers.

2nd race ppl probably forgot the cold tyres, i got a car thrown into me at turn 2, suspension out...

Meanwhile sushi just happened to arrive at that time so...just quitted all together :D

See you guys next year :D, i'll be in my home country of Portugal for Christmas and i'll be back to the UK and ready for racing on the new year :D/

Last edited:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for organising @Nighttiger. That was a great combo especially on forced default. Made for some great battles.

I had some computer issues I guess, car stopped dead in its tracks and then proceeded to sink into the ground with under 2 minutes to go for race one. And after making my way back up to eight from 23rd after a spin 8( I hope it didn't cause anyone any issues.

Same happened on the grid at race 2, car sinking into the track and couldn't move. I called it out but before I could retire to pits a couple of cars hit me so sorry to you whoever your were. I hope it didn't screw up your race too much.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
also thanks for Organisation @Nighttiger. Was a really nice end of year event!
My race was also good
1) from 2X to 12...maybe also top 10 could be possible, but i get 25 aero damage :(
2) from 12 to 11... im happy with it

So Guys and Womens, have a nice holiday!!
see you next year

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for "heavy breathing" sound, I have no idea how my Rift mic was enabled and my Headset disabled (???) and it was hard in Rift to see that.

I was really happy to have one more race before New Year but...... I didn't wrote here that I can't drive so I did everything to make it in time.
My wife is in 9th month of pregnancy and I needed some things to do for her before the race so I was 2 minutes late because I thought that my place is reserved in the grid.
:(

Hey Dama, I hope your wife is fine! What happened was that we started at 19:15 UTC and made up the lobby, who was there and how many free spots were available. There were some guys missing around 19:20 and there were some reserves there so we filled the lobby up with the reserves and started the quali. I think around 10 minutes later you joined (because someone had to reconnect) but technically you were too late to join because we started with the reserves already. I understand you really had to sort some things out and that caused you to be late and you were looking forward to some racing as well. Sadly we didn't know why some guys didn't show up so we just filled up the lobby and started.

Jago25

Community Member
Reaction score
well that sucked big time...
right when the second race was about to start i had a blackout...
2 towns without power untill now...

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thank you @Nighttiger for organising this night.

Had a brilliant start in race 1, P15 to P9 by the first corner.
I'm sorry to @stolnikas, I know we had a quick discussion on TS after the races. But again I'm sorry, My spotter said it was clear, but it clearly wasn't.

Again race 2 had a brilliant start, P4 to P2 on the start. Had a good battle with @Elodyr throughout the race.
If only I didn't cock up on the last lap and drop 2 places.

Either way I'm happy with 2 P6's which I think I got, not bad to say I didn't like the car too much.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had a very high expectation for this event as it just sounds so cool. Everyone got same car, same setup. 32 GT cars running on track with 2 race and the second one is top 10 reverse grid. This is indeed the ultimate show down of RSR racers' driving skill. And with such a large field, like a stock car racing, everything could happen.

I had a pretty good qualifying. Qualified myself on 17th, beating my best in time trial and only missed 2:00 line by 0.097 seconds. I only set one lap because I was trying to help Yoohan to join the race.

Race 1 was cool for me. I had quite a lot of close racing, was up to P11 until I pushed too much to catch P10 on the 10th lap and lost the car. I eventually finished P11.

Then it's race 2. RSR's final serious racing event of year 2017, would it be a great ending for the year like the last part of a masterpiece symphony? I missed top 10 reverse grid by one position, starting P11. I thought I might have a chance to go for a top 10 finish, maybe a top 5, but it turned out to be a bitter disappointment as I was involved in lap 1 turn 2 crash, myself and drukqs likely had the worst hit. I found my way back to P16 on 7th lap but another incident with Oki made aero damage even worse. My car eventually started getting loose on straightways and doesn't quite turn left after the tyres worn and suspension damage from lap 1. I eventually gave up fighting the car and retired to the pits.

Another disappointment I say is my friend Yoohan's race today. I introduced him the race, he was pretty hyped, and I looked forward to have a great race with him. He was very fast in practice session, but wasn't able to race due to some miscommunication during qualifying, even though he was on the driver list, arrived on time, practiced, and attended drivers' briefing. He even set up a live stream and hoping for a good race before leaving the session. I assume this left a bad image of RSR for him.

and a nice image of the scenic starting of second race to conclude the post. I generally enjoyed the event, and see you guys next year;)
20171217161557_1.jpg

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly, in common with a lot of us here, I want to thank @Nighttiger for organising the event. Aside from the quali hiccup (with the confusion over Dama's entry) the evening went very smoothly in terms of organisation. Top marks guys :)

A night of mixed emotions for myself in the racing though. I jumped the green light in race 1 by a fraction of a second and, as a result, lifted off massively to give up that gain. That resulted in losing at least 1 place and threw my concentration slightly, resulting in the slightly scary T1 - no contact but only due to the quick reactions of Puff et al :pompous:. Now stuck behind one more car than I was expecting and fighting off a rather racey German on holiday (I think he was in a hurry to get his beach towel down first :D), I lost precious time to Puff who pulled enough of a lead to take the win by the 3rd lap. Started P2, finished P2, about 4 seconds behind race 1 winner, @Puffpirat

Race 2 was when things got interesting. A poor start led to taking a bucket-load of places in T1 as a result of a collision ahead. Going through T2, I felt a smack from my left, which put my car rather sideways for a moment but, like a boss (well, it was down to luck really!), I held it and carried on. Now hunting down the leading 3 drivers I braked for the bottom hairpin. I then felt an almighty whack from the rear, which sent me off into the gravel, nursing 30 rear aero damage. Lag had claimed another victim, with Puff not having felt a thing and, in his case, his video showing that I went into the back of the car in front, promptly losing my rear wing :D. With this being the very start of the race, I sat there, waiting for the pack to come by, only for more crashes to occur and me taking another hit (whilst still off-track). There was nothing left for it, I'd have to nurse it back to the pits for repairs, running dead-last at that point. Out of the pits, my only option now was to drive the car like I stole it and see what I could do. I was a chicken on a mission! 13 laps later I crossed the line in P14. @Puffpirat had taken another win, grrrrrrr.

Absolutely no hard feelings towards Puff (and congrats on 2 more wins to add to his growing collection!), it wasn't his fault that a lag glitch hit (literally!) at that moment, there's no way any of us can predict that kind of thing happening :)

Users who are viewing this thread