Project CARS 2 Sunday 17th December: Porsche Supercup @ Nürburgring - Completed (1 Viewer)

What kind of setup rules?

• Default Setups

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Custom Setups

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No preference

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

Gopher04

The only thing that is bad about this car is the god dam awful liveries..Did someone from Nascar paint them..Also doesn't this car use a formula type wheel in real life?

It's a fun event, but sometimes aliens advertising their fast times can put people of from taking part, seen it happen on all sims.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The only thing that is bad about this car is the god dam awful liveries..Did someone from Nascar paint them..Also doesn't this car use a formula type wheel in real life?

It's a fun event, but sometimes aliens advertising their fast times can put people of from taking part, seen it happen on all sims.
The 911 RSR aka the GTE variant does. The GT3 does have a „normal“ wheel iirc :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You know, a lot of the liveries are real-life liveries, blame those teams :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
By the way, out of interest - is there any reason in particular why we can't use the endurance versions? I mean, physics are the same, we would just have access to a wider range of liveries. ;)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
By the way, out of interest - is there any reason in particular why we can't use the endurance versions? I mean, physics are the same, we would just have access to a wider range of liveries. ;)
I chose to run the GT3 car because I didn't know whether the Endurance version was essentially the same car with the same default setups (as we might run the default setup option).

I am going to give my place up to someone more competitive as i just can't get any speed out of this car. Good luck to whoever get my slot.
Are you sure about this? It isn't ranked and I heard lap times of people ranging from 2:03 to 1:57 so there are battles everywhere.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Noticed too late... Can you please add me to the Reserve list?

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Nighttiger i posted something above, i meant i wanted to be in the reserve list...can you add me please ?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I chose to run the GT3 car because I didn't know whether the Endurance version was essentially the same car with the same default setups (as we might run the default setup option).
Well, it is identical in all terms of physics.

-=EV3RY=-

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah go on then you twisted my arm, I'll race :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ah go on then you twisted my arm, I'll race :)
That's the spirit :cool:

It's going to be a cracking race, no matter where you are in the field :)

Just as a cautionary reminder, folks, despite this not being an official RSR event (though you wouldn't know it, from the excellent work @Nighttiger has done in organising it :D), we still expect everybody to drive to our standards from start to finish. We all want to have fun and a great race, but not if that's at the expense of others :)

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about this? It isn't ranked and I heard lap times of people ranging from 2:03 to 1:57 so there are battles everywhere.

I agree, barley getting below 2:03 as skills with porsche's aren't great, but going to be there anyway to give the back of the field a good run. :woot:

Its the brake balance for me, I prefer softer pressures and more rearward bias but keep locking with the default.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT : Apparently, no, you can't change those settings in the ICM in a race, only in TT. Best to bind some buttons to Brake Bias up/down and TC up/down if you want some control in the race itself.

I agree, barley getting below 2:03 as skills with porsche's aren't great, but going to be there anyway to give the back of the field a good run. :woot:

Its the brake balance for me, I prefer softer pressures and more rearward bias but keep locking with the default.
Change it then :)

Forcing the default setup doesn't mean you have to drive with the default brake balance and traction control levels. Use the ICM to adjust those when you're on the track and hopefully you'll find a slightly better balance :)

EDIT : Don't forget, you can also adjust the ABS levels in the ICM too. Alternatively (thanks for the reminder @Battenberg :) ) you can set controls on your wheel/keyboard/button-box/crewchief to change these settings without going into the ICM.

For what it's worth, I increased the TC slip to 18% (0.18 in ICM) and reduced the ABS level to 72% for my time-trial laps earlier. The defaults don't suit me so I changed them, in-car, which will be possible in the race itself too :)

Last edited:
G

Gopher04

EDIT : Apparently, no, you can't change those settings in the ICM in a race, only in TT. Best to bind some buttons to Brake Bias up/down and TC up/down if you want some control in the race itself.

Change it then :)

Forcing the default setup doesn't mean you have to drive with the default brake balance and traction control levels. Use the ICM to adjust those when you're on the track and hopefully you'll find a slightly better balance :)

EDIT : Don't forget, you can also adjust the ABS levels in the ICM too. Alternatively (thanks for the reminder @Battenberg :) ) you can set controls on your wheel/keyboard/button-box/crewchief to change these settings without going into the ICM.

For what it's worth, I increased the TC slip to 18% (0.18 in ICM) and reduced the ABS level to 72% for my time-trial laps earlier. The defaults don't suit me so I changed them, in-car, which will be possible in the race itself too :)

Hmm, slip of the tongue there cluck was it..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hmm, slip of the tongue there cluck was it..
More like an assumption made without checking :D

@Darksi corrected me late last night, hence the edit. No doubt I would have found out as soon as I did some tests myself but I've been too busy having fun with the combo in time-trial to do any race conditions testing yet and so, as soon as I found out I was wrong, I corrected it on here to prevent any further confusion :). I will stress, I haven't tested that it works with buttons bound but it should.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I only saw this today :(

Put me on reserve please :) tks!

Name: drukqs
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: T.rev.1
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Add me to reserve please thanks!!!

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
20171214132420_1.jpg
@Cluck 1.56 on default setup, seriously? Where the hell I'm suppose to find 2 bloody seconds?

Users who are viewing this thread