RSR International Cup - Season 1 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didnt realise people were using setups on fosters im on completely default(apart from brake bias)..if thats the case ill put a setup on it... @Cluck im not one of them assists people am i.??? I can assure you im using nothing lol..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there something i can do to fix the assist bug on leaderboads...ever since running with rsr i have had my assists set to real..do you think its Becouse at one point in my pcars profile i had them turned on.?? And now it just thinks there on all the time..???

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Is there something i can do to fix the assist bug on leaderboads...ever since running with rsr i have had my assists set to real..do you think its Becouse at one point in my pcars profile i had them turned on.?? And now it just thinks there on all the time..???
Other than setting your assists to none in the settings, it's a bug that we're just stuck with unfortunately. I have always had mine set to real too, which has skewed quite a few of my TT entries. C'Est la Vie

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Other than setting your assists to none in the settings, it's a bug that we're just stuck with unfortunately. I have always had mine set to real too, which has skewed quite a few of my TT entries. C'Est la Vie
Cheers mikey.. I thought id ask seems im stuck with it then.. Dam it.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Mine says they are on as well, but they are not.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

That's why you were asked to set all assists to NONE in the gameplay-settings (see first post of TT thread here https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/rsr-international-cup-season-1-time-trial.461/) . Because if you set it there, it will show up correctly in the leaderboards.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That is the only place i did set it to real. And as i stated above its been like that since i joined rsr

But for the TimeTrial event you should set it to None. That is clearly stated in the OP.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But for the TimeTrial event you should set it to None. That is clearly stated in the OP.
Ohh to none lol...i honestly thought real was just that i didnt know there was a none setting lol my bad.. I shall set it to none reading mistake on my part..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys you need to read the posts properly. Everything is clearly written down.
Important Notes :
1. You must complete your times in Time Trial mode, not free practice.
2. Please ensure that you have Assists set to 'None' in the game options before setting a time. The real car has no ABS, TC or SC but, since the time-trial leaderboard does not accurately reflect the assists used, when set to 'Real', we must insist that you disable all assists to ensure a realistic and fair competition.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I sometimes wish I'd never suggested this ruling :confused:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Now you have highlighted that in red manu i can see it.... Unfortunatly and something i dont like to announce is being a dyslexic person it is hard to fully read things as they should be becouse all the words get jumbled up.. I see the sentence and can see the words written but my brain has other ideas and screws with me all the time.. Most of the time i have to use a blue filter to understand words....so as i said just above i apologize for my miss read totaly my brains fault...

(also thank Christ for spell check lol)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Now you have highlighted that in red manu i can see it.... Unfortunatly and something i dont like to announce is being a dyslexic person it is hard to fully read things as they should be becouse all the words get jumbled up.. I see the sentence and can see the words written but my brain has other ideas and screws with me all the time.. Most of the time i have to use a blue filter to understand words....so as i said just above i apologize for my miss read totaly my brains fault...

(also thank Christ for spell check lol)

This is not a problem jonno, I/we know that. But we can't do more than write everything properly down and hope people will read and understand it. It was not directly directed at you, we had also some other peoples here who are just too lazy to read and asking instead ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is not a problem jonno, I/we know that. But we can't do more than write everything properly down and hope people will read and understand it. It was not directly directed at you, we had also some other peoples here who are just too lazy to read and asking instead ;)
Totaly understandable.. I wasnt sure and didnt want to wing it so i asked. I shall put the settings to none now and see if i can beat my time.. If not im nore than happy to accept a small time penalty for my error. Assists were on real do i had none but as i said im happy to accept a small time penalty for it.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Totaly understandable.. I wasnt sure and didnt want to wing it so i asked. I shall put the settings to none now and see if i can beat my time.. If not im nore than happy to accept a small time penalty for my error. Assists were on real do i had none but as i said im happy to accept a small time penalty for it.
I don't want to jump on Cluck or Manu's toes here, but the only thing that is effected AFAIK is what you see when you hover over the assist icon. The car will still give you "real" assists, which in this case is diddly squat. So your time would have been set with no traction/ABS, etc. and will be comparable.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't want to jump on Cluck or Manu's toes here, but the only thing that is effected AFAIK is what you see when you hover over the assist icon. The car will still give you "real" assists, which in this case is diddly squat. So your time would have been set with no traction/ABS, etc. and will be comparable.

You are to 100% right. But it could be also the other case that you really used ABS or TC. We cant differ here that is the problem. If you set it to NONE, it will display all the time correctly.

You all signed up and agreed to our rules and stuff. I do not see a problem to just change your assists from Real to None for this specific TimeTrial. There is really no need for 2 pages of discussion for this certain topic.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As Manu has just said, it's not a problem from the driver's side, setting assists to Real (because there will be no assists then enabled on the BAC), it is only a logistical, admin problem determining who did/didn't actually use assists.

There's only one other similar bug, that I'm aware of with the TT leaderboards, and that's with regards 'default setup'. It will only ever show 'D' under setup if you have never made a change to a setup and saved that setup change. Even if you revert back to default, it will show 'C' (for Custom) in the setup column. The only solution is to back up your profile file (the default.sav file that is buried in the Steamapps folders) and delete it (or alternatively, rename the file rather than delete it). That creates a new profile, which will allow your time to show as 'D' in setup. I doubt this will ever crop up here but it's worth knowing, in case you need to prove you ran a 100% default setup at any point in the future :).

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im sorted now only got a blue c for auto clutch on there now improved time and no assists lol..

thanks @Cluck it was your ghost i followed lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Autoclutch won't help you at all with this car - it uses paddle shifts - so you might as well turn it off when using this car :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Autoclutch won't help you at all with this car - it uses paddle shifts - so you might as well turn it off when using this car :)
Thanks for the advice... Im currently sitting in the top 15 lol but at least 10 others are faster than me... So if its an even 50 split im in lobby 1 lol yey go meeeee

Thanks for the advice... Im currently sitting in the top 15 lol but at least 10 others are faster than me... So if its an even 50 split im in lobby 1 lol yey go meeeee
Sorry that should of said theres at least 10 others yet to set a time quicker than me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread