RSR International Cup - Season 1 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So now no one can check your old ghost? You plonker Rodney! :rolleyes:
lol i didnt actually think of that tbh lol.. i do have screen shot of my old lap time.if by some chance my 57.129 lap is called in to question then add the difference or just remove it all i want to do is race with friends..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've been following ghost laps and it seems a number of drivers aren't following the track limits rule. The three pictures below are all for lap times that have been submitted and are currently in the top half of the time trial times (apologies for grainy screenshot from the Rift - at least they're anonymous!).

I don't think this is fair play, especially the bottom one, if you haven't even got two wheels on the red kerb it's hardly an accidental cut!

I would rather not put a protest in, although technically with the stated rules these times are final.

@Admins given there is 48 hours left would it be possible to allow the offenders to submit another (faster) lap to show they are earning their place fair and square?!
The second of those 3 would need closer examination as it's WAY too marginal to call that "off". Even then, the ghosts are not 100% accurate so unless it is far wide of the track limits (as evidenced in the other 2) then it probably wouldn't be disallowed.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ohhh new lap time on tt

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The second of those 3 would need closer examination as it's WAY too marginal to call that "off". Even then, the ghosts are not 100% accurate so unless it is far wide of the track limits (as evidenced in the other 2) then it probably wouldn't be disallowed.

More detailed pictures of 1 & 2 from the ghost replay #1 has all four wheels onto the red kerb. #2 is just bordering the edge of tarmac/kerb joint (approx 3" past the white line). I don't know if these are within the uncertainty of the ghosts or not.

I'm happy #3 is no longer an issue (faster clean time set) so won't take that one any further ;)

Attachments

• cut2.JPG
    cut2.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 420

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Just wondering Laiders. How in earth do you produce such a bad quality images? Even MsPaint can't create something horrible like that?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just wondering Laiders. How in earth do you produce such a bad quality images? Even MsPaint can't create something horrible like that?

Screenshots from the Rift. He mentioned that in his earlier post.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
It has been brought to our attention by @Laiders concerning track limits of some members for the qualifying TT @ Oulton Park. We thank @Laiders for posting evidence without naming and shaming the offenders.

As you know, here at RSR, we pride ourselves in keeping within the spirit of the rules of racing, complying with our track limit rules and above all having a trusting and fair environment between all our members. However, with some of the TT problems inherent in Project Cars (track limits, incorrect ghosts uploaded, incorrect assists etc) we have decided that it is not practical to strictly enforce the track limit rules.

After careful consideration, that included "errors of ghost placement", as well as how much time there is left to qualify, the RSR Admins and Moderators have decided not to pursue penalties in this instance.

We all expect everyone to continue to self-police themselves and in future events we advise everyone to check their TT lap before it gets uploaded - the easiest way to check is to pause the lap before you cross the finish line and watch a replay. If you believe another driver has exceeded the track limits, please post the evidence in the Steward Room as per normal race incidents.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution but we believe it is the best compromise given the current state of the game.

RSR Admin and Moderation Team.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Is there a general setup must do for the BAC Mono ?

I just keep flicking switches etc... and it all goes rather wrong .. argh!

Im guessing im losing a fair bit of the time locking brakes not sure how to treat them here - ie in a formula car I go full brake and then squeeze off the brake. I guess thats a bad idea with the Mono...

Thanks for any tips.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there a general setup must do for the BAC Mono ?

I just keep flicking switches etc... and it all goes rather wrong .. argh!

Im guessing im losing a fair bit of the time locking brakes not sure how to treat them here - ie in a formula car I go full brake and then squeeze off the brake. I guess thats a bad idea with the Mono...

Thanks for any tips.

Check it out: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/17153524

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dont forget guys get your times in before 2300..
Looking at the list is really strainge becouse theres only really one name youd never expect to see in the top ten... And thats me lol..

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Dont forget guys get your times in before 2300..
Looking at the list is really strainge becouse theres only really one name youd never expect to see in the top ten... And thats me lol..
Yeah, you CHEATER! :D Well, did some laps yesterday and i don't think it is worth doing more, as i don't think i want to be in group 1. I like chasing, racing, battling and i don't think i would get that in group 1 :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, you CHEATER! :D Well, did some laps yesterday and i don't think it is worth doing more, as i don't think i want to be in group 1. I like chasing, racing, battling and i don't think i would get that in group 1 :)
Lol.....well if no one else puts times in i think theres going to be one lobby.. I may be wrong i mostly am lol.

Lol.....well if no one else puts times in i think theres going to be one lobby.. I may be wrong i mostly am lol.
And really its all thanks to @Cluck he dont know it but becouse of chasing his ghost for over 80 odd laps i figured out were to go faster were to brake and for most of the lap at oulton im right on the tail of his ghost untill the last 2 corners lol..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
yes you are :p there's still going to be two lobbies, failing to set a time doesn't mean you're not allowed to race in the cup :)
Lol luckly i coverd my self by saying im usualy wrong lol..

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
In terms of set default with the supersport tyres is pretty good for laptimes. I played about with sets but in the end default is what I set my time on. Wasn't a great lap, could definitely get to mid 56 on default.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In terms of set default with the supersport tyres is pretty good for laptimes. I played about with sets but in the end default is what I set my time on. Wasn't a great lap, could definitely get to mid 56 on default.
Mine was pretty much default just tire change and brake bias and pressure.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im actually getting a little excited for this event.
Am i going to play with the big boys..more than likely

Am i going to win..probbly not but ill give it a shot

Will i finish last...most likely but i wont go with out a fight and ill finish last in style.

Am i going to have fun...you bet ya a$$ i am..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My lap was set with just that setup, only a change to the tyres. No adjustment to brake balance (either before or during the lap), tyre pressures or anything else. There's another 0.3s in the lap at least, just from the few laps I ran, so a low 56 is perfectly possible on that setup :). I'm sure that a more "considered" approach to the loud pedal would yield a 55s lap :).

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
My lap was set with just that setup, only a change to the tyres. No adjustment to brake balance (either before or during the lap), tyre pressures or anything else. There's another 0.3s in the lap at least, just from the few laps I ran, so a low 56 is perfectly possible on that setup :). I'm sure that a more "considered" approach to the loud pedal would yield a 55s lap :).
I'm not sure about that. Most of the corners is just the car doing the job. Lateral G output is what defines the corners in the last sector mostly. And even that fake finnish guy ;) needed an off track that gave him between 0.1 - 0.2 to do a high 55.

Im actually getting a little excited for this event.
Am i going to play with the big boys..more than likely
We will see about that o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread