RSR International Cup - Season 1 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
On what time does induction start tonight?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On what time does induction start tonight?

19:30 UTC. You can also come online a bit earlier and practice, usually there are already some members online.

Important would be to set up your teamspeak and ingame volume so you can hear loud and clearly whats going on the teamspeak while driving :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Autoclutch won't help you at all with this car - it uses paddle shifts - so you might as well turn it off when using this car :)
Hmm I think I might noticed with this car on Fosters that braking and down shifting he slams the gears harder in with auto clutch off. In the tight right that could kick out the rear harder... sometimes ... maybe? If that observation is not a coincidence auto clutch on/off could be kinda equal at least for ppl that are not that close to the physical limit because you don't shift that much...

But generally I agree with Cluck, GT3 cars or Prototypes have a real life electric or mechanical solution for quick up and down shifting. E.g. auto blip or ignition cut that makes shifting quick. So auto clutch will only add a clutch disengagement that kills torque for another fraction of a second. Resulting in slightly quicker lap times with auto clutch off on those cars.

I'm after a little community help with the braking on the BAC please?

This car over any of the others I usually roll with I'm struggling the most on detecting the locking point. I just can't seem to pick it up, either in sound, or via FFB.

I've dropped the engine sound to about 25%, so I can hear the tyre squeal, but the wind noise is overwhelming. I'm only able to stop the locking by reducing the brake pressure to a point I can stamp on them and they don't lock at all, which I know doesn't give me the best first bite pressure I could get.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Good question. I would be some ffb tweaks that I'm not an expert of. Before the tire heating model we had a tire that greatly benefited from camber and also had a magnificent feedback about locking up tires. So good that in the Z4 GT3 on Monza I was running without ABS. That might have not been realistic of a GT3 car maybe but it was wonderful. One thing that would be needed to have a chance of feeling locked tires is make the wheel heavier on the straight. Maybe someone know a good FFB option for that.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
I would be some ffb tweaks that I'm not an expert of. Before the tire heating model we had a tire that greatly benefited from camber and also had a magnificent feedback about locking up tires. So good that in the Z4 GT3 on Monza I was running without ABS. That might have not been realistic of a GT3 car maybe but it was wonderful. One thing that would be needed to have a chance of feeling locked tires is make the wheel heavier on the straight. Maybe someone know a good FFB option for that.
Thanks. Just looked on Jacks page and this is what he states:
Q: I want more of braking vibration.
A: Experiment with SpindleFxScale value.

I'll give that a go tonight to see if I can get that increased (or decreased, not sure), and maybe add a bit more front camber to see if I can get it exaggerated.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hmm I think I might noticed with this car on Fosters that braking and down shifting he slams the gears harder in with auto clutch off. In the tight right that could kick out the rear harder... sometimes ... maybe? If that observation is not a coincidence auto clutch on/off could be kinda equal at least for ppl that are not that close to the physical limit because you don't shift that much...

But generally I agree with Cluck, GT3 cars or Prototypes have a real life electric or mechanical solution for quick up and down shifting. E.g. auto blip or ignition cut that makes shifting quick. So auto clutch will only add a clutch disengagement that kills torque for another fraction of a second. Resulting in slightly quicker lap times with auto clutch off on those cars.
You might be right actually, I suppose I should have tested it rather than making an assumption :D. I manually blip the throttle on downshifts on every car I drive, even if it is supposed to have an auto-blip feature, so autoclutch is of zero use in that scenario.

I think, in future, before I post anything remotely technical, I'm going to write down what I think then scrub it out and write the opposite, because that is more likely to be correct :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im all most at the point of cant gain anymore time round fosters..currently in the top 10 atm...

@Cluck your driving style really suits me i need to learn more lol... can i be your biddie (<-- thansts a baby chic btw lol)

G

gonza

HELLO, I would like to know how I register as a start to play this tournament I am new to this and I want to participate thanks

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im all most at the point of cant gain anymore time round fosters..currently in the top 10 atm...

@Cluck your driving style really suits me i need to learn more lol... can i be your biddie (<-- thansts a baby chic btw lol)
I am the last person on the planet that anybody should be copying, when it comes to driving style :D

I don't do 'smooth'. I don't do 'subtle'. I don't do 'finesse'.

Some people will take the time to sit by the side of a lake, patiently waiting for a fish to bite on their bait, happy to sit all day with not a care in the world. Me? I'll be the one dropping grenades over the side of the boat. Pretty? No. Subtle? God no! But I'll be home in time for Crack-a-Jack and will have a belly full of fish :).

HELLO, I would like to know how I register as a start to play this tournament I am new to this and I want to participate thanks
If you haven't signed up then I'm afraid you're too late :( . Sign-ups for this tournament closed yesterday I'm sorry to say.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am the last person on the planet that anybody should be copying, when it comes to driving style :D

I don't do 'smooth'. I don't do 'subtle'. I don't do 'finesse'.

Some people will take the time to sit by the side of a lake, patiently waiting for a fish to bite on their bait, happy to sit all day with not a care in the world. Me? I'll be the one dropping grenades over the side of the boat. Pretty? No. Subtle? God no! But I'll be home in time for Crack-a-Jack and will have a belly full of fish :).

If you haven't signed up then I'm afraid you're too late :( . Sign-ups for this tournament closed yesterday I'm sorry to say.
yeh thats the style i like lol

finesse is not my strong point lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In case it's mis-understood, I am fairly certain that jonno finds my reply to him funny, not the edited part where I am replying to gonza.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT SORRY forgot sign ups closed...

and cluck yes i found your reply to me funny lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
look here mate all the info you need is right there
https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/rsr-international-cup-season-1-league-information.429/
if you have any questions just ask someone will help you out..
As helpful as that is Jonno, signups closed yesterday so, sadly, gonza has most likely missed the opportunity to take part :(. Of course, the more the merrier but rules are rules and the signups were open for a month after all.

As an aside, though, gonza, there is nothing to stop you joining RSR and taking part in our usual races :)

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow drivers. If anyone is having a practice session today or the coming days, i would like to join you guys. Since this is my first time with road cars, i'm being double extra careful of not losing control while being as quick as i can and thus the reason for my, being slow. So, with someone like you guys, i can quickly understand and correct my mistakes and also learn while driving. I would like to know if anyone is interested in doing a practice session.
Thanks y'all :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey fellow drivers. If anyone is having a practice session today or the coming days, i would like to join you guys. Since this is my first time with road cars, i'm being double extra careful of not losing control while being as quick as i can and thus the reason for my, being slow. So, with someone like you guys, i can quickly understand and correct my mistakes and also learn while driving. I would like to know if anyone is interested in doing a practice session.
Thanks y'all :)
Help with this time trial specifically or for the upcoming race? If it's for the race, then I'll move this into the appropriate thread :).

If it helps, I'll happily record and upload a 56-second lap with the in-game telemetry visible, if you think that might help? That said, I have a rather 'unique' driving style (it's super-hardcore-death-thrash-black-metal compared to Ramiboo's Simon & Garfunkle style :) - and Ramiboo will know that I mean that with a huge amount of respect :)) so it might not work for you. I also set my lap with nothing more than selecting the grippier of the two tyres available for this car.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
If it helps anyone out, here is my Time Trial lap data export so you can compare with your own. Obviously you need to be running vrHive :)

pCars-BAC Mono-Oulton Park Fosters-Time Trial-[00.56.232]-[MikeyTT]-Lap.zip

Usual caveats apply in that I had a setup, my style may be different to yours, etc...

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
Help with this time trial specifically or for the upcoming race? If it's for the race, then I'll move this into the appropriate thread :).

If it helps, I'll happily record and upload a 56-second lap with the in-game telemetry visible, if you think that might help? That said, I have a rather 'unique' driving style (it's super-hardcore-death-thrash-black-metal compared to Ramiboo's Simon & Garfunkle style :) - and Ramiboo will know that I mean that with a huge amount of respect :)) so it might not work for you. I also set my lap with nothing more than selecting the grippier of the two tyres available for this car.
Thanks @Cluck. I was asking for the race mainly. I understand that my time trial's time are low and when I do qualification for the race, I know I will lose time here and there. Before that happens, I want an overall improvement on how I drive. Please do the needful, oh master!

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I've been following ghost laps and it seems a number of drivers aren't following the track limits rule. The three pictures below are all for lap times that have been submitted and are currently in the top half of the time trial times (apologies for grainy screenshot from the Rift - at least they're anonymous!).

I don't think this is fair play, especially the bottom one, if you haven't even got two wheels on the red kerb it's hardly an accidental cut!

I would rather not put a protest in, although technically with the stated rules these times are final.

@Admins given there is 48 hours left would it be possible to allow the offenders to submit another (faster) lap to show they are earning their place fair and square?!

Attachments

• cutters.JPG
    cutters.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 380

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've been following ghost laps and it seems a number of drivers aren't following the track limits rule. The three pictures below are all for lap times that have been submitted and are currently in the top half of the time trial times (apologies for grainy screenshot from the Rift - at least they're anonymous!).

I don't think this is fair play, especially the bottom one, if you haven't even got two wheels on the red kerb it's hardly an accidental cut!

I would rather not put a protest in, although technically with the stated rules these times are final.

@Admins given there is 48 hours left would it be possible to allow the offenders to submit another (faster) lap to show they are earning their place fair and square?!

We will post a statement about that topic tomorrow. It is late, good niiight everyone :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well iv done a faster lap lol...i wanted to purposely see what time advantage id get by using all the run off strip on the 2 fast corners. Well im a little dissapointed in the results lol from 57.129 to 57.089 not much of an advantage if you ask me. It its clearly obvious i wont be counting this new lap as a time as i went out of my way to cut corners.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Well iv done a faster lap lol...i wanted to purposely see what time advantage id get by using all the run off strip on the 2 fast corners. Well im a little dissapointed in the results lol from 57.129 to 57.089 not much of an advantage if you ask me. It its clearly obvious i wont be counting this new lap as a time as i went out of my way to cut corners.
So now no one can check your old ghost? You plonker Rodney! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread