Revolution Cup - Season 4 - Question Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
with regards to the race duration, is it 60 minutes real time or is it 60 minutes game time?

you've got a 2x in game accelerator stated in the race setup....

Race
Time Progression: 2x

This would mean a 30 minute race in real time.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
with regards to the race duration, is it 60 minutes real time or is it 60 minutes game time?

you've got a 2x in game accelerator stated in the race setup....

Race
Time Progression:
2x

This would mean a 30 minute race in real time.
60 Minute Real life time. 2x progression will make in game time 2hrs

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race time is always listed as the amount of time we will race for. The time acceleration relates to the in-game time acceleration., As such, 2 hours will pass in the race, meaning that the in-game race time will finish at 7pm, instead of 6pm if we ran with real time acceleration :)

EDIT Ninja'd harder than Ron Jeremy

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank Q.

helps with some grey cell activity.

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
i can race only 4 races of this league. my free time changes every week :(
Can i join?

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
I need one clarification regarding "odds right, evens left" rule (or vice versa..doesn't really matter now).

First of all the position which determines if you're odd or even is your placement in qualifications, right?

And furthermore..
If you place e.g. 9th in qualifications (so in case "odds right, evens left" you have to be on the right side)..and then when the race starts driver who was placed 8th does not show up -> So what do you do in this case?
- Place 8 should be left empty and all drivers must be on the side as per placing achieved in qualifying?
OR
- Do you move up to 8th place & switch side to the left (and all others behind you as well)?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I need one clarification regarding "odds right, evens left" rule (or vice versa..doesn't really matter now).

First of all the position which determines if you're odd or even is your placement in qualifications, right?

And furthermore..
If you place e.g. 9th in qualifications (so in case "odds right, evens left" you have to be on the right side)..and then when the race starts driver who was placed 8th does not show up -> So what do you do in this case?
- Place 8 should be left empty and all drivers must be on the side as per placing achieved in qualifying?
OR
- Do you move up to 8th place & switch side to the left (and all others behind you as well)?
For this only the position at the start of the formation lap is important. If during the formation lap someone drops out, the gap is closed, so you might gain a position there.

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

And furthermore..
OR

You go by your qualification position at first.
If someone in front of you drops out (not on the grid or spinning on the in-lap) you step one up.

So, assuming you qualify 10th and P7 disconnects, the you would start P9. But P5 spins out on the in-lap. So you start P8. And with every position change, you have to place yourself accordingly on the grid.

Also a reminder: If you spin on the formation lap, you WILL loose your position and have to start LAST. Under no circumstances you can regain your previous position.

Last edited:

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
So, assuming you qualify 10th and P7 disconnects, the you would start P9. But P5 spins out on the in-lap. So you start P8. And with every position change, you have to place yourself accordingly on the grid.

Ok, makes sense but there will be grid size of 32 drivers so in this case if almost whole grid will have to change sides (2 times in this case) I assume there will be a lot of confusion before it's done right.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, makes sense but there will be grid size of 32 drivers so in this case if almost whole grid will have to change sides (2 times in this case) I assume there will be a lot of confusion before it's done right.

If everyone is aware of their current position at the form-up point* (usually start of sector 3), there shouldn't be any confusion.

*this is the only point where you position really counts for the formation. Which position you started from holds no value if it has changed until this point

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
If everyone is aware of their current position at the form-up point* (usually start of sector 3), there shouldn't be any confusion.

*this is the only point where you position really counts for the formation. Which position you started from holds no value if it has changed until this point
In addition to this: Despite Except someone disconnecting or spinning out in formation lap, your position should not change, as overtaking in formation lap is not allowed (even not "accidently")

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
In addition to this: Despite someone disconnecting or spinning out in formation lap, your position should not change, as overtaking in formation lap is not allowed (even not "accidently")

No, that's wrong. If someone spins or DC's your position WILL change.
DC = he's gone. Nothing you can do about it.
He spins = he MUST re-join at the back of the field, so you have to overtake him, if you want it or not.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
No, that's wrong. If someone spins or DC's your position WILL change.
DC = he's gone. Nothing you can do about it.
He spins = he MUST re-join at the back of the field, so you have to overtake him, if you want it or not.
Uhhh, yes, used the wrong vocabulary there...I edited my post

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is very easy. Once we are forming up 2x2 you have to look at your position. Not earlier, not later.

When someone drops out while we are already in the 2x2 formation the gap stays empty.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Somebody hasn't been paying attention to what happens when I 'accidentally'

Cluck said:
Oops, I spun out in the warm-up lap, what do I do admins?

in the induction sessions. Naughty naughty. I suggest Jaco attends tomorrow night's induction for a refresher course ;).

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Any reason Nurburgring was replaced with Silverstone?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Gridslots
Ahh ok thanks, Its a shame we cant run some tacks due to the limited grid spaces. They need to figure out how to work around that for the next game.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So quick question for the powers that be,
If split 2 isn't getting livestreamed, is it such an issue for teams to use same liveries? Is there a way to create simple RSR liveries for all members to download?
Just throwing this out there as there a quite a few of us looking to use it(ferrari) as opposed to the Ford Fest that is currently split 1 ;D

*my english is awful

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So quick question for the powers that be,
If split 2 isn't getting livestreamed, is it such an issue for teams to use same liveries? Is there a way to create simple RSR liveries for all members to download?
Just throwing this out there as there a quite a few of us looking to us it as opposed to the Ford Fest that is currently split 1 ;D
it will still help over the course of the season to recognise the other racers...and your team mate (the one you don't dive bomb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread