Revolution Cup - Season 4 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

If you have any questions regarding the league this is the thread for you! Post your questions below and one of our helpful admins (or helpful members!) will do their best to point you in the right direction. This thread can also be used for any general discussion concerning the league.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Mechanical failures:Yes .... :( why? Aren't there enough random disconnects already to count as mechanical failure? I'll roll with it sure. Seems harsh though.

I presume we can select car after time trials?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mechanical failures:Yes .... :( why? Aren't there enough random disconnects already to count as mechanical failure? I'll roll with it sure. Seems harsh though.

I presume we can select car after time trials?

Every RSR event has mechanical failures on 'Yes', there were made no changes towards the league. Once you are placed into your split you are able to pick a car, teammate and livery :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Every RSR event has mechanical failures on 'Yes', there were made no changes towards the league. Once you are placed into your split you are able to pick a car, teammate and livery :)
:eek: lol I missed that one. I just know my first clean race is going to end with a piston pinging out on the home straight!

Super hyped for this league though

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
:O lol I missed that one. I just know my first clean race is going to end with a piston pinging out on the home straight!

Super hyped for this league though

If you are fine in our events you will be most likely be okay in the league. I speak out of experience :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mechanical failures only relate to engine and brake damage with is reasonable and to avoid 0 duct racing ;) pit stop errors are off which is good because it ensures a fair racing environment.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
What we maybe could do, if there is a dispute about a livery, that the team with the faster TT result gets to pick the livery first?

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
What we maybe could do, if there is a dispute about a livery, that the team with the faster TT result gets to pick the livery first?
First in, best dressed as it has always been. There's more than one car this season to choose from so we should be even less likely to have this problem this time round (even though I don't think we've had this problem before at all).

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Do the drivers of a team need to agree on one car or os it up to each driver?

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Good Question. A team with two different cars is a bit pointless as the two can't even help each other with the setup.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok. Before even setting a time I wonder what will happen with times that are set when crossing white lines? About the whole top 10 on the Daytona road course is “cutting” a few corners. The game setting allow it so it could be fine, even is “necessary” in order to set a fast time within the 1,42. So, is it allowed or not?

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok. Before even setting a time I wonder what will happen with times that are set when crossing white lines? About the whole top 10 on the Daytona road course is “cutting” a few corners. The game setting allow it so it could be fine, even is “necessary” in order to set a fast time within the 1,42. So, is it allowed or not?
The same rule applies with this time trial as it does with any of our racing - two wheels inside the white line.

However, as we've experienced before, replays and time trial ghosts often don't replicate the car's actual position as seen by the driver. We normally work on a "trust factor" or "gentleman's agreement" (unless it's extremely blatant) to monitor your own track limits and keep them within bounds and if you happen to set your fastest lap by cutting own up to it and post your fastest non-cutting lap. We can't monitor and check everyone's track limits so we have to trust in the good sportsmanship of our members.

Another point to mention is a lot of drivers in the top ten aren't from our community. If you see any specific blatant cutting by our members though, by all means point it out and we will look into it.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another point to mention is a lot of drivers in the top ten aren't from our community. If you see any specific blatant cutting by our members though, by all means point it out and we will look into it.
I know for a fact that I have cut the exit of the bus stop and (without checking) I wouldn't be surprised if Puffy has too.

It is inexcusable on my part, the rules in the OP are quite clear.

Time Trial rules said:
4. You must keep 2 wheels within the white lines at all times. Do not rely on the in-game track limits.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why is damage set to performance impacting?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good Question. A team with two different cars is a bit pointless as the two can't even help each other with the setup.

As per rule teammates need to run the same livery, therefore the same car.

Why is damage set to performance impacting?

There is a problem with Windshields cracking during the qualifying and not resetting for the race. That's why we are running performance impacting to solve this issue.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
are signups closing at the 52 drivers limit (2x full lobbies of 26) ?

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
how to get into team?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
how to get into team?

Wait until the TT-phase is closed. When it is over you will be assigned to a split. Before this happens, it would be pointless to form teams as you cannot be in two different splits.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Wait until the TT-phase is closed. When it is over you will be assigned to a split. Before this happens, it would be pointless to form teams as you cannot be in two different splits.
thanks for the info

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well said teammate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread