Revolution Cup - Season 4 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
This has been mentioned multiple times, and it always gets the same response.

Push2Talk can't become a mandatory thing due to many people still use a G25, which has 2 buttons on the wheel it self, and they are mainly used for more important functions. I for one have 1 working button on my G25. Also reaching for a Keyboard isn't an option for some who are in VR.
Slightly off topic... If you have G25, what do you think about 3d printing this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2711721
and buying used Simraceway SRW-S1 on ebay for something like 60€?

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Time penalties or qually bans for excessive unnecessary chat during qually or a race would be my vote. It's very annoying when you're trying to concentrate. There should be nothing more than "entering/exiting pit" and calling pass sides / blue fags. Saying sorry and discussing accidents and things like that should be done after the race. I think people will continue to break the chat rules until there is an incentive not too...

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just to cap this PTT/chatter topic off from staff member, before it gains momentum (this isn't the place for it): We have tried a few times to force PTT in TS, but we currently prefer to encourage good conduct instead.

With forcing push to talk, a whole variety of issues creep in - technical (not enough buttons), competitive (missed critical info called out) and human (unfamiliarity, reluctance to comply, push to chat...). We're here to accommodate and provide a good racing environment for all, and we have far too many members with varying needs and circumstances to apply such a blanket rule - it is impossible to keep everyone happy. Our TeamSpeak Conduct has been in place since the start of RSR - if everyone follows these simple guidelines, we wouldn't have an issue. Setting up TeamSpeak correctly is your responsibility. Please read it, if you're unaware.

While we admit as staff that there was a slump in enforcing it towards the end of last year, we have ramped up our efforts in recent months in races and induction sessions, and have even recently started to force PTT to specific users who continually make noise. We have also played with the idea of issuing penalties for constant chatting during qualifying and race sessions. So we are aware of it, have considered the 'easy' option, and are going about it in our own way.

Last edited:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Regarding adding time for parade lap, can we have it added to the event post if this is going to be the case, which it probably will be all the time now, but just as a reminder, as this may effect fuel amounts taken etc

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
There should be nothing more than "entering/exiting pit" and calling pass sides / blue fags.
Even calling entering/exiting pits sometimes doesn't make much sense. Like "entering pits" when you know there is 100% no-one behind you (people with track map enabled) or "leaving pits" in the first minute of quali session.
:):spam:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think it is pointless if there is know one around and it adds to chatter. The point of doing it is to warn others.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The point of trying to enforce the "exiting pits, entering pits" call outs is more to try and make it so that we all do it by instinct - the more you do something, the less likely you are to have to 'think' to do it. We're all guilty of forgetting every now and then but provided we do it more than is required, that is always better than less :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Moving on...
Do we have the time settings for Silverstone & qualy start time yet?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Moving on...
Do we have the time settings for Silverstone & qualy start time yet?
Look in the League Information thread.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Nahh, is it real time, x2, x4 speed etc... That info wasn't in there, neither was the qualy start time & weather setting

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
There will be an individual post for the event which will give all the information, I wish it appeared earlier than it does.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please bear with us, we have a lot going on right now and we're a little overloaded in certain areas, even with all the staff we have. The information will be published and we'll all have the same amount of time to make whatever adjustments are required, depending on the specific time, time-accel settings etc. In the meantime, there's nothing stopping you practicing with things like a morning or evening setting for quali, and seeing what happens with a couple of different time accelerations :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Cheers @Cluck, we can understand it given how much RSR does these days. Would just like to start focusing on a more detailed setup for qualy depending on if it's in the dry/wet/fog/overcast etc.
First half of the race for me is gonna be horrible anyway

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cheers @Cluck, we can understand it given how much RSR does these days. Would just like to start focusing on a more detailed setup for qualy depending on if it's in the dry/wet/fog/overcast etc.
First half of the race for me is gonna be horrible anyway

I am now on it. Apologies for the slight delay.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Another remark from my side, as I just cannot get over it right now:
Vastly varying track conditions between different sessions with same settings.
With the Silverstone race having a dry qualy and a wet race, setting up/fine tuning the car is a must, but this gets rendered useless by the fact, that the track conditions between "Free Practice" and "Race", although being set to identical conditions (start time, weather slots etc.), differ alot!
For example:
  1. The track is more slippery in general in "Race"
  2. Puddle depths vary, so in one session you can blast through, in other sessions you are thrown around instantly.
  3. Puddle size (this I experienced in an offline session with AI filled grid): The big puddle besides the pit enty lane was reduced by around 50% from one lap to the other.
Has anybody else experienced similar oddities?

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't did any training for this event but I found similar results with other events. However, I find it a challenge as a racing driver to adapt to the ever changing conditions and make the best of it. Such changing track conditions are new in Project Cars 2 and in simracing in general. In real life, the track changes all the time, the grip differs through the weekend. So a practice session in the dry in the exact same conditions as the race a day later can feature different grip levels. Now for the first time this is simulated and I find it an extra challenge.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't did any training for this event but I found similar results with other events. However, I find it a challenge as a racing driver to adapt to the ever changing conditions and make the best of it. Such changing track conditions are new in Project Cars 2 and in simracing in general. In real life, the track changes all the time, the grip differs through the weekend. So a practice session in the dry in the exact same conditions as the race a day later can feature different grip levels. Now for the first time this is simulated and I find it an extra challenge.
Yeah, up to carnage in T1 this is all fun...:p I get your idea of the challenge behind it, but when you put in +100 laps in practice and go to the race and everything is different and you get thrown out of the corner by attacking it like the 100 times before the fun of this game is gone, at least in my opinion. Also this will probably lead to many incidents/accidents which we did not want to see again after Monza. :oops:

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, up to carnage in T1 this is all fun...:p I get your idea of the challenge behind it, but when you put in +100 laps in practice and go to the race and everything is different and you get thrown out of the corner by attacking it like the 100 times before the fun of this game is gone, at least in my opinion. Also this will probably lead to many incidents/accidents which we did not want to see again after Monza. :oops:

Well, I didn't have that problem, as I only practiced in race sessions - the only thing that really bothered me, is that you cannot switch to softs at any point of the race as even with only 5 minutes left on the clock, the track will still be at least 1/4th wet with standing water. For the last 25 minutes of the race, the GTE's could really use some intermediate tires.
Oh and Turn 4 (The Loop) will kill you if you press the throttle one μm too much.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't have that problem, as I only practiced in race sessions.
How did you do your setup then? Restarting the session for every little change? Sounds like pita.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
How did you do your setup then? Restarting the session for every little change? Sounds like pita.

No, the setup was made in a qualy session. I took my Monza setup as a baseline and just applied the usual rain-stuff. 10mm more ride height, softer damping and rebound, added some wing (more on the rear), closed up the radiator and brake ducts as bit as it's effing cold and so on. Worked fine in the race. I still can improve, but I didn't have much time to practice over the weekend anyway, so I'd rather practice full races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread