Revolution Cup - Season 4 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know if someone can share their experience with the available cars.
Like strengths/weaknesses, or if there is some car(s) that are expected to be faster than others.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From two people that have tested a bunch of them, at most of the tracks we're running, the conclusion is that the Ford GTLM is the car to go for. It might not have the looks, or the sounds, to get the juices flowing but it's simply the quickest car of the bunch right now.

However, to throw a spanner in the works, we have a patch due imminently* and that might turn everything on its head.

* just going by Tom Curtis, from SMS, previously stating on the pCARS public forum that the patch was expected to drop early/mid-February.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
From two people that have tested a bunch of them, at most of the tracks we're running, the conclusion is that the Ford GTLM is the car to go for. It might not have the looks, or the sounds, to get the juices flowing but it's simply the quickest car of the bunch right now.

However, to throw a spanner in the works, we have a patch due imminently* and that might turn everything on its head.

* just going by Tom Curtis, from SMS, previously stating on the pCARS public forum that the patch was expected to drop early/mid-February.
Thanks Cluck,
I kinda like how they designed the Ford GT to be racer first and than did changes so it can be homologated for road use :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can you race regularly on Monday nights? Sir, yes sir!
Do you understand and accept our driving standards? Sir, yes sir!
Steam ID: Sir, ye... PJDubyaM
Nationality: British

Almost lost faith in you @Pete Morrish :p

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason I've stopped getting email notifications. I'm fairly sure I used to. And I'm not any more. Checked all my settings, and it looks as though it should work.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score

Maaaaaybe. The main change with this patch is that if your Steam name is PJDubyaM, you get a stat buff.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Henri
"I 'd love to do a couple of the season 4 races, if possible. Do you also give out a single race pass? :)"

To respond to the question, If you are likely to miss most of the races, can I suggest you ask to be reserve driver? Being a reserve driver will allow you to race should there be a space available. This is something we see from our members(not a rule) so they don't take the place of someone who is able to race each event. Season 4 is looking to be another highly popular season with lots of drivers wanting to race each race.

Hope this answers your question? for future reference, These events have a questions thread like this so could you please ask any questions here. :)

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
What in fact is “Steam ID”?
Is this username used for logging into Steam or is it a Profile name (as displayed in PC2 or under Steam -> Edit Profile -> Profile Name)?

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What in fact is “Steam ID”?
Is this username used for logging into Steam or is it a Profile name (as displayed in PC2 or under Steam -> Edit Profile -> Profile Name)?
Correct, its your Profile name

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed they didn't model the Ford's sandbags in the game. ;)
I was about to complain about the turn indicators not working, and i am also missing the possibility to wash my windshield...pathetic :p

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
@Henri
"I 'd love to do a couple of the season 4 races, if possible. Do you also give out a single race pass? :)"

To respond to the question, If you are likely to miss most of the races, can I suggest you ask to be reserve driver? Being a reserve driver will allow you to race should there be a space available. This is something we see from our members(not a rule) so they don't take the place of someone who is able to race each event. Season 4 is looking to be another highly popular season with lots of drivers wanting to race each race.

Hope this answers your question? for future reference, These events have a questions thread like this so could you please ask any questions here. :)

Sorry for the rookie-forum-mistake - won't happen again

Where and when is the best time to request a reserve driver chance?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I have it marked on my sheet. All good :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

no worries! if you want to get our attention just tag us typing "@NAME"

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
SMS announced 911 GTE will be available after league starts...... Maybe I can test it out during a guest drive sometime? :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Talking about that Porsche pack...
Is it possible to allow a car change whilst the season is going on? I'm 100% going for the Porsche and I wasn't even planning on running the Ford ( now I have to brush my teeth again ).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Talking about that Porsche pack...
Is it possible to allow a car change whilst the season is going on? I'm 100% going for the Porsche and I wasn't even planning on running the Ford ( now I have to brush my teeth again ).

The rules are stating that you have to drive at least 2 races with the same car until you can change it (+ losing all championship points). Depends when the DLC will be released we will find a genuine solution, I will promise that :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
The rules are stating that you have to drive at least 2 races with the same car until you can change it (+ losing all championship points). Depends when the DLC will be released we will find a genuine solution, I will promise that :)

Maybe a joker race where the team can use a different car for one out of 6 races without loosing points? :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Some questions
  1. With 60 (or maybe more!) signups I assume you are doing 3x20 racers? (as opposed to 2 splits and a reserve list)
  2. Will the formation lap be part of the 1 hour race or will you set the timer for 1h05m?
  3. Given that its impossible to police the TT laps for "inside white lines", and that the TT is an inherently fair assessment (same rules for everyone) on tracks not in the season, why not just allow best possible laps according to what TT allows? I've made every effort to stay within the lines, but once your TT is posted you cannot actually take it down even if you wanted to, and I've no doubt some have their best lap with a corner cut here or there, intended or not.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Some questions
  1. With 60 (or maybe more!) signups I assume you are doing 3x20 racers? (as opposed to 2 splits and a reserve list)
  2. Will the formation lap be part of the 1 hour race or will you set the timer for 1h05m?
  3. Given that its impossible to police the TT laps for "inside white lines", and that the TT is an inherently fair assessment (same rules for everyone) on tracks not in the season, why not just allow best possible laps according to what TT allows? I've made every effort to stay within the lines, but once your TT is posted you cannot actually take it down even if you wanted to, and I've no doubt some have their best lap with a corner cut here or there, intended or not.
We will run work out the appropriately sized splits once signups are closed. We have run 20-spot races in the past though we'd prefer to run as full a lobby as possible, if we can.

I would assume, unless you hear otherwise, that the formation lap will be additional to the race time.

The TT requirement is only part of what we use to place our members in the appropriate split. The rest is down to our experience of our members' driving in the events they take part in. In respect of the white lines point, we simply ask that our members try and respect that where possible. We have neither the time, nor the inclination, to check every person's TT lap. In general, we try and work more on a trust basis here :). For future, given that most tracks have pretty good limits built in to the time-trial, it might be an option we look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread