Endurance Championship - R5: Le Mans - 17th June 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
TT on Le Mans is mildly annoying ;) odd track limits here and there. Daytona setup worked ok-ish.

upload_2018-6-12_9-43-37.png

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Witch rule do we follow? RsR rules that state keep two wheels within the white line at all times or the in game track limits who give us more room. I can't find much TT times below the 3.32 that uphold it tbh.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Witch rule do we follow? RsR rules that state keep two wheels within the white line at all times or the in game track limits who give us more room. I can't find much TT times below the 3.32 that uphold it tbh.
I find it the opposite, even when you are not exceeding the white lines you get hit with a lap invalidation. Just stay within the white lines, to be sure. Every year they run seperate rules for LeMans and track limits. We'll see.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Same, I find the ingame track limits overly harsh in some places. The entry to the first chicane on the Hunaudieres is cut tight, because the game treats the dotted white line as a solid one. The exit of the chicane is odd because you can't run to the curb, which would be a good natural limit, as hitting that curb just slows you down.

The last time we ran something like white lines till after Tertre Rouge, curbs for the Hunaudieres chicanes, and white lines from Mulsanne corner. Pretty easy to remember and resembles the line real drivers take.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Small question here then,

On the Hunaudieres straights (all 3) are the white lines, that show the normal road boundaries, also the track limits?

They have pretty large hard shoulders and I have been using them as part of the track in practices as it helps with entry and exit to each chicane.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So some more questions:
1. How long is the RACE exactly going to be? What will be the server setting in 'minutes'?

144 minutes racing, 150 minutes including the formation lap

2.1 Are we really forming up at the beginning of sector 3? Or for example after the Porsche Curves.

Yes we do

2.2 The Green/Green/Green, if being done on the finish line, will happen with still a lot of people in the middle of the chicane. Do you guys want to keep it there, or maybe replace to the START line, which is further up the field.

That's how it is done in RL, dont see a problem there

3. Are we really doing 130kph/80kph settings, or will we change it to like 200/80?

Yes we really do that

4. Track limits! So in LeMans there are a few things that need to be clear to everybody. We all know not to cut anything between the Porsche curves and the beginning of the Mulsane straight. But after that it becomes interesting.

5. Mulsanne straights without limits?

White lines

6. Both chicanes: we got some white lines you can cross to get your wheels nicely on the curbs. Will we use the curbs as a limit? So for example NO wheels BEYOND the curbs!?

White lines

7. Mulsanne! 2 things to discuss: 7.1 white line in the braking zone on the left? Not allowed to cross with 4 wheels!?

2 wheels inside the white lines

7.2 exit of Mulsanne, we got a nice curb again with some asphalt still present left of it... same as the chicanes? No wheels BEYOND the curbs?

White lines

8. Last question: Arnage. I think there is no time to gain here when running wide, since most of the time you just messed up braking and the wall is pretty close. So NO LIMITS here on the exit?

White lines

@t0daY you hate me now?

No I dont but 75% of those question should be clear from the beginning. Hating me now??

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
tt le mans.jpg
There's really only one thing left to say about chasing the time limit. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Last edited:

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol @t0daY, I will never publicaly hate you =P.. we got whatsapp for that ;-).

As for the white lines, clear statement! Just hope everybody reads the posts! Cause I have had some experience (Daytona) with people not knowing where the limits lay... and especially in LeMans it's whole lot of difference using the white lines (as you can't even go near the curbs)

BrosifDuder

Community Member
Reaction score
Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 80mph / 130kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

So the start procedure will include a full manual formation lap? All 8 minutes or so? If so, will additional time be built in to the race timer to accommodate the formation lap?

Nevermind. I see the post above but the OP should be updated to reflect the information since it will play into fuel strategy.

Last edited:

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
No I dont but 75% of those question should be clear from the beginning. Hating me now??

Nice, so need to adjust the practice line through the Hunaudieres straights and chicanes then. So I don't get disqualified. :rolleyes:

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
If there's still room I'll happily race :)

Name:
Atmos
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
What community do you driving for? RSR
What Class do you want to drive? GT3

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Mark
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
What community do you driving for? RSR
What Class do you want to drive? GT3

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can you take me off the GT3 Reserve list please, I won't be around on Sunday evening :)

AbeWoz

Community Member
Reaction score
I would like to switch from GT3 to LMP2 for PRD please.
pCARS2AVX_2018_06_13_18_08_33_570 (2).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread