Endurance Championship - R5: Le Mans - 17th June 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up, Manu. It is a lil bit tight, and I don't even mind the benchmark, it challenges me :D.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 335

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Admins I'm going to pull out now, I won't be able to hit that time, I'm really too far from it right now, and if that's the entry criteria I don't really want to be right on the edge of being eligible. Sadly I'm still on a little burnout on the whole GTx thing, so I guess I'll be watching. I can only hope @King-Kodiak is bored that night :D

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nothing against the TT time of 32.... I just did a crappy low 3.31.xxx ;-)

It's just working onwards, it's unfair for people that do sign-up and suddenly can't make the cut.
Furthermore, the TT time in LeMans is at least pretty decent when in it comes to how close you can run it with a 'good/race' setup.
But for Sakitto example given, I have seen setups that in no way reflect any race setup. Also the driving style during TTs is often a lot different than needed for, especially, an endurance race.

Anyway.. you guys definetely have put a lot of thought into the TT times. Just would like to see them posted a bit earlier than 6 days in advance of the race and also have like an alternative when it comes to 'if somebody' doesn't make the cut and we are not running 'enough lobbies' for everybody to participate

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm out too, Forgot about the World Cup so I'll be watching the Germany and Brazil games that day in the pub.

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
Steam ID: ProjectPD
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
What community do you driving for? RSR
What Class do you want to drive: LMP2
20180617172113_1.jpg

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
@Admins I'm going to pull out now, I won't be able to hit that time, I'm really too far from it right now, and if that's the entry criteria I don't really want to be right on the edge of being eligible. Sadly I'm still on a little burnout on the whole GTx thing, so I guess I'll be watching. I can only hope @King-Kodiak is bored that night :D
I am not bored that night because I already have a commentary booked sadly

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
I signed up for the GT3 class, but I felt the urge to test myself against the required 03:33.000 time limit for the LMP2 class. I picked what seemed to be the fastest car (based on the Time Trial world records) and fiddled around with various settings and many hot-lap attempts for over an hour. The best I could muster was a 03:37.159. Even the mighty @Cluck barely snuck under the limit by less than a tenth of a second. Although, I'm sure that was with a default setup.

Damn, y'all are some real fast mofos!

Last edited:

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What seems to be a big problem is keeping up with those TT records in the first sector and beginning of second. After that (IMO) the pace is pretty doable with their setups.

Some of those braking into the chicanes are just pretty damn spot on and too risky for a race for me ;-)

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
It took me a while to edge Cluck out by under a tebth :D Definitely need the full setup to get under 3:22.5. Personally I almost bin it at Indianapolis on every hotlap tho so...

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So some more questions:
1. How long is the RACE exactly going to be? What will be the server setting in 'minutes'?
2.1 Are we really forming up at the beginning of sector 3? Or for example after the Porsche Curves.
2.2 The Green/Green/Green, if being done on the finish line, will happen with still a lot of people in the middle of the chicane. Do you guys want to keep it there, or maybe replace to the START line, which is further up the field.
3. Are we really doing 130kph/80kph settings, or will we change it to like 200/80?
4. Track limits! So in LeMans there are a few things that need to be clear to everybody. We all know not to cut anything between the Porsche curves and the beginning of the Mulsane straight. But after that it becomes interesting.

5. Mulsanne straights without limits?
6. Both chicanes: we got some white lines you can cross to get your wheels nicely on the curbs. Will we use the curbs as a limit? So for example NO wheels BEYOND the curbs!?
7. Mulsanne! 2 things to discuss: 7.1 white line in the braking zone on the left? Not allowed to cross with 4 wheels!?
7.2 exit of Mulsanne, we got a nice curb again with some asphalt still present left of it... same as the chicanes? No wheels BEYOND the curbs?
8. Last question: Arnage. I think there is no time to gain here when running wide, since most of the time you just messed up braking and the wall is pretty close. So NO LIMITS here on the exit?
@t0daY you hate me now?

Last edited:

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for more time, the beginning of the track is where you can find it by manipulating the car and taking extremely aggressive apexes.

Through Dunlop, it is incredibly important to not take too much speed through the left hander, and late apex with full power through the right hander.

At Tetre Rouge, if you are braking, or lifting for more than a tenth to pitch the car into a 10 degree slide, you are losing time. That corner is about 98% flat out if you hit the angle correctly.

If you do BOTH of those and practice them, you will find yourself almost a second ahead of the top times on the leaderboard headed into the first chicane.

What you do with that from there.... is up to you. :)

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not super quick but I also found it easy to gain plenty of time on the two main chicanes by braking super late, you can let off if you need to keep the car stable as you start to turn in if you go too late.
Other thing for me was getting on the throttle quick through Indianapolis as well as it keeping it almost entirely flat after the first apex of the Porsche curves. Hopefully that makes sense.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Still room for improvement(damn chicanes, what's with all those white lines...), but I'd like to improve my consistency first :D
20180611213429_1.jpg
It would be nice to know if I'll be actually driving on Sunday, as I never raced in Le Mans before :dead:
I'm so hyped for the real race! Subscribing Eurosport player, printing spotter's guides, buying coffee. This event is a really nice cherry on the top. Thanks for doing it!:)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Hujkis respect with the RWD!
How is the fuel consumption with that thing? I did a test many months ago and it was about 15/20% more per lap than the Ligiers

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
@Hujkis respect with the RWD!
How is the fuel consumption with that thing? I did a test many months ago and it was about 15/20% more per lap than the Ligiers
Thanks!
Honestly can't say. I just did a TT to see if I'll qualify.
Obviously this is with radiator opening at 0% and so on, so pretty much no valid data.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Uploaded this a few weeks ago if it helps people on the fence:

Gorgeous lap. Was following your ghost around all night trying to get my time down :D Ty for the setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread