Endurance Championship - R5: Le Mans - 17th June 2018 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBigO

Community Member
Reaction score
Steam ID: OBigO
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
What community do you driving for? PRD
What Class do you want to drive: GT3

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam ID: 1185323118
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
What community do you driving for? PRD
What Class do you want to drive: GT3

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
UPDATE
Name: [Enter your Steam Name here]
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? [Answer needs to be yes]
What community do you driving for? [Possible answer, RSR or PRD]
What Class do you want to drive? [Possible answer, LMP2** or GT3]

** To be able to participate in the LMP2 class you have to beat a lap time of 03:32.000 in the TimeTrial mode and post it with your sign up.

@Puffpirat @Nighttiger @CatchAGlimpse @The Hunter @Zenny @Bezerka @Fatih Kursat @Col_McCoy @Thomas Sikora @Cornworld @Elodyr @Hujkis @UnstopaPaul @SBart_uk @GosuNoob @BeetesJuice

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck to the LMP2 guys trying to beat the 3:32 (including myself) Ill have a cracking go at it :p

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Thats a bit fast isn't it? Only 3.5s off what is a pretty good WR on a 3.5 minutes track?

Zenny

Community Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, only being 3.5 seconds off the world record is way too quick considering on RA it was 5 seconds off the WR.

In my opinion I feel like the time should be 3:35.000 - 3:36.500

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
It does feel a bit quick. Pushing it to the max I managed 1:32:8xx, I can't get past that. Ofc I'm sure Cluck could smash that 1:32 but myself not so much :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thats a bit fast isn't it? Only 3.5s off what is a pretty good WR on a 3.5 minutes track?

I have to admit, only being 3.5 seconds off the world record is way too quick considering on RA it was 5 seconds off the WR.

In my opinion I feel like the time should be 3:35.000 - 3:36.500
Road America had a time 5s off the WR, yes, but that was comfortably smashed during quali - quali times were just 1.5s off the WR.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Road America had a time 5s off the WR, yes, but that was comfortably smashed during quali - quali times were just 1.5s off the WR.
Yup because we'd all sandbagged our TT times before that race (I did what was the wr time on the default setup o_O) as the time was too easy to beat. But...I guess this ensures that any LMP's that qualify probably wont be lapped so not necessarily a bad thing.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
(reserve driver speaking :p) Did a lil math cuz I was bored. Difference between Le Mans WR and Benchmark is a factor of 1.0143, or 1.4% if I'm thinking about it right. Difference between RA WR and BM is a factor of 1.047, or 4.7%. Meaning, if we're basing it off of track length rather than sandbagging & quali times, the Le Mans benchmark time is obviously gonna be a much more difficult time to pull. Could look further into it w/ quali times but just thought that was a lil interesting lol.

Zenny

Community Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of days I've been hot lapping Le Mans quite a bit. I managed this time; 29s are definitely possible for me but I feel like that's a near perfect lap for my abilities.
upload_2018-6-11_1-3-1.png

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yup because we'd all sandbagged our TT times before that race

And that is our answer to this sandbagging :p I would suggest less talking and more driving :D

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did not try a single TT lap since the Updates happened the last couple of months.. apparently they brought a lot, cause I have an old list with 3.45s from a simple test I did.

Anyway... in LeMans it is not a problem, but there are tracks where I have the feeling that setting up the car for a TT has nothing to do with quick/consistent driving and having a good tyre temp management. So I hope this won't cause any problems in the future.

What I also would like to point out is, what happens when a driver registers for a race in LMP2 class as one of the first overall, but than finds out he is not quick enough (because the TT times are being posted very late!) and he wants to switch to GT which at that time is full. Stuff we need to think about in the future IMO

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last call if you havent signed up yet! A couple more and 2 lobbies will be possible :)

@Members

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Stuff we need to think about in the future IMO
Full agree on this Point,
im not a friend of this min times for "higher classes" Midfield races have so no posibility to drive a higher class. IMO we should drive only one class that everyone can drive the fast cars, or we let everyone drive what he will without any restrictions.
ALso imporant what you say...you sign up for a class X, can'T handle the time and the alternative class is full...you cant participate on the race.

short side note from my side... :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did not try a single TT lap since the Updates happened the last couple of months.. apparently they brought a lot, cause I have an old list with 3.45s from a simple test I did.

Anyway... in LeMans it is not a problem, but there are tracks where I have the feeling that setting up the car for a TT has nothing to do with quick/consistent driving and having a good tyre temp management. So I hope this won't cause any problems in the future.

What I also would like to point out is, what happens when a driver registers for a race in LMP2 class as one of the first overall, but than finds out he is not quick enough (because the TT times are being posted very late!) and he wants to switch to GT which at that time is full. Stuff we need to think about in the future IMO

Full agree on this Point,
im not a friend of this min times for "higher classes" Midfield races have so no posibility to drive a higher class. IMO we should drive only one class that everyone can drive the fast cars, or we let everyone drive what he will without any restrictions.
ALso imporant what you say...you sign up for a class X, can'T handle the time and the alternative class is full...you cant participate on the race.

short side note from my side... :(

Sadly it is needed, we had too many bad experiences in the past. We will up the time to a 3:33.000 but I can't give you more guys.

About the topic when you can't reach the time and want to switch to the GT3 class. Well, you have to make up your mind in advance if you think of yourself you are able to match the time or not. In this case, I agree, the time was posted later which makes it more arguable. Looking at the driver list I am more than confident that everyone will hit the needed time.

After all we are doing this not the first time, this procedure is well established in RSR and I do not think it was ever a problem before.

@Puffpirat @Nighttiger @CatchAGlimpse @The Hunter @Zenny @Bezerka @Fatih Kursat @Col_McCoy @Thomas Sikora @Cornworld @Elodyr @Hujkis @UnstopaPaul @SBart_uk @GosuNoob @BeetesJuice

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm in 2 minds about the 'minimum laptime for Class X' thing.

On one hand, it may force someone to not drive the car they want too (and possible not drive at all for that reason - now, thankfully, we have enough ppl signing up that that isn't a problem from a race perspective, but it's not so good for that certain person).

On the other hand, it keep the 2 classes 'a little' more closely matched = more racing.
That's not to say the fast guys take the fast cars, and the slow cars are the slower drivers (far from it).
But it does reduce the laptime spread of the 'Class X' field (again = better racing).

Although laptime doesn't have a direct link to 'racing ability' (in terms of dealing with lapping the slower cars), the laptimes are generally at a level where you certainly have to know what you are doing.
Of course, anyone could be a TT hero, and be a clown in traffic, so there is no way to really guarantee the 'Class X' cars should be the responsible drivers, but to be fair, the RSR system does go a long way to give the best chance of this being the case.

I can see from both sides, (although I rarely have the desire to drive the faster class, I'm too slow anyway), but I do think overall, it's a kind of 'necessary evil' as such.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: benimi
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
What community do you driving for? NoDo, no wait, wrong again RSR
What Class do you want to drive? GT3

New internet connection, so hopefully I don't DC at the start of the last lap, like in Spa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread