Split 2 - R5: Hockenheimring - 16th April 2018 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, @UnstopaPaul (my teammate no less) made that tougher than I had hoped. He had blistering pace in the dry. So I banked on good pace in the wet which I'd set up for to catch and get passed. As we are good teammates we'd agreed pre race that we won't race wheel to wheel and the fast car can go ahead. I'm pleased we did that as in those conditions wheel to wheel racing would have been hard.

End of the race was a matter of looking after tyres. I put the TC up to high and was gentle on the throttle to keep rear tyre temps down. Worked a treat and the race was mine. Onwards and upwards :)

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know where I pulled that qualify lap from, must of given the car a diarrhetic a few laps before :). when I set it saw the position indicator telling me I was 3rd :wtf:, but then steadily dropped to only 5th :wideyed:, best result for quali yet.

Race wise, :rage::rage::rage:

Turn 2 put me sideways and from there I had to watch as my car became the center of the mess. Got to watch the replay to make sure I didn't cause it, I mean the start of it. I still can't believe I ended up doing what I had tried to avoid through start and 1st turn.... Taking my teammate out.

But after this I got the repairs and back out in last :grumpy:.

So sod all the safe driving, ramp the fuel to max and push the slicks till they burn to get back to the pack before the expected wet stuff started showing up.

Put wets on and then the work started. Clawed all the way back to 12th ish, had my customary spin dropping me to 13th :cigar:. still miffed, was looking at possibly my first top 5 or close to it. But alas fate be a torturing force.

Last edited:

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Such Fun!

Compared to my personal practice sessions, my qualifying lap was two-tenths quicker than I had ever done, but I only qualified 11th. Not as good as I was hoping, but it shows the caliber of drivers here in RSR. There's some real fast sonsabitches in this league!

Overall, my race was a good impersonation of a Yo-Yo...
Started in 11th. Worked my way up to 6th while it was still dry, but then had a bad spin coming out of the 1st corner while trying to catch up to the car ahead me. By the time I recovered from that, I was down in 15th place.
Shortly after that spin, the rains came and I dove into the pits, but was down to 19th as I exited with my new wet tires installed. I seemed to have more confidence/stability than most in the wet and I was able to climb up to 11th place while it was raining. I was doing so well, in fact, I decided to turn my Traction Control down. "The grip level is improving. My lap times are dropping. I can handle this!" I thought.

But, no. No I couldn't. I spun badly coming out of Turn 7 and smashed my beautiful Aston Martin into the wall head-on. With major damage, I limped back to the pits for repair. Exiting the pits in 18th position, it was only 2 more laps until the finish. I did manage to gain a single position and brought her home in 17th place. Whew! What a ride.

I hope it's not too redundant, but I'd like to apologize again to @FuBii and @Mark. Poor ol' Fubii, his first race back and I think I tapped his rear end three different times; one bad enough to spin him completely around. And Mark was the victim of my horrific re-entry onto the track after exploring the gravel run-off area. Sorry guys!

On a personal note, I really have a hard time racing with any of the admins of RSR! I get so nervous and tense, thinking to myself, "Oh damn! It's HIM. Don't mess up. Don't Mess Up! DON'T MESS UP!" I invariably mess it all up. @Darksi and @Mark, in particular, are two drivers that suffered the consequences of my inexperience and lack of skill in this race. Sorry fellas!

Anyway, it was a hell of a fun time. Thank you all for such a great race. This is basically the end of my season, since I have to work next week during the Mount Panorama Bathurst race. A real shame, as I thoroughly enjoy that track. Good luck to all drivers in the season finale!

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Zemke it was all good man, I was defending rather hard in places & then losing the backend in other corners which made for fun. But challenging racing. Your contacts were enough to spin me in one occasion but the damage was light enough I didn't bother repairing it.
My apologies to @Stokemon, he tried to lap me on the fast left & I lost all grip (I switched onto the slicks in the haze). Great reactions from you man. Also watching you & @UnstopaPaul was rather mesmerizing... Riding each other's bumpers in the rain going some 12s a lap faster than me. Impressive.
The slicks at the end worked out rather well in the end with only one section of the track trying to kill me (the fast left going into the hairpin, aquaplanning at 170 was heart stopping the first time..) caught quite a number of people & was fast enough to not get lapped by p2 in the final laps. Great ending with @2scoops, stuck my nose up the inside into the penultimate corner only for a big puddle to cause me to understeer, rather than ruining his race I just hit the brakes to induce the spin knowing I had time in hand.
Some fantastic battles with guys at the start of the race.
The wet I was well off the pace so the less said the better.
Need to get my mic fixed for the finale!!

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Despite the big setback in the beginning i am quite happy this race. Was good fun.

Qualified P4 which in all honesty i was not expecting at all after the first few minutes of qualifying. On my last lap at sector 3 at Saschs i accidentally shifted to 1st gear my car got some wierd traction around the corner and made an insane time on the last sector.

Race...well...what can i say got taken out of the track and spun at turn 2 due to an accident that happened behind between my teamate @Mearcat and @benimi : i consider this an avoidable race incident between them (perhaps more focus on the race and cool head could avoid it) and i just was unlucky to get dragged into it.

back of the pack at 22nd place, got an altercation with Ranj on the Harpin (more about that below).
After 1 or 2 laps venting a bit my frustration, got my composure again and started climbing the classification again. An awesome overtake on @FuBii boosted my confidence a bit more and some laps later the rain.
I was not expecting to have pace at all at the rain: my car was setup exclusively for dry and my rain pace at silverstone was appaling. However, i am pretty sure that i was doing P2 level pace so i charged all i could being hipermotivated by my pace.
In the end got P5 which was not that bad due to the circunstances.

I think i would have probably fight for P2-P3 if it was not for that turn 2 incident, and i think my team could have done an overall top 5. Overall i am happy with both mine and my teamate performance.

Congratulations to @Stokemon and those pesky Green Fords :D if nothing goes out of order in Bathurst i think they will take both the Driver and Team championships (with all justice i must add).
But rest be assured our team will do our best to take that win at Bathurst :D.

@Ranjanado what can i say...i know you are frustrated i've seen that start for you was painful to watch...however:
you turned into me on the hairpin where i was at your inside and already got my space there secured, and no, it was not a dive bomb.
As for the agressive move i did after that, i do that all the time, i am competitive and i'll do my best to get my opponents off balance: we would not touch (already checked the replay), and all you needed to do was trust me and if you had the guts keep the foot down or perhaps take it off. Nevertheless, and by watching the replay i must admit it was a bit on the limit between agressive but fair racing and racing bullying, so i stand corrected: but be warned...i'll not give you any slack next time :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a slide fest......

GG all.....

Have nothing much to say....

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow : Did i touch you when you spun out just before the end (last 5 minutes maybe)? Wasn't sure, i had no contact from my point of view and you didn't said anything so i moved on. For me was plenty of space but you never know (Netcode - had the same situation at turn 1... didn't expected a contact there because for me there was space)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was not going as I wished it to. In qualy I was about 1sec slower than my best practice lap, so I started way back at P19.
My perspective of the T1 incident: @dominiczeth got sandwiched and touched @Jaco P., swerved to the left, hit @Darksi and made him spin around, swerved to the right to avoid spinning-Si, and I bumped him in the back then, as there was nowhere to go. So my race began with 10 front aero damage, and topspeed was gone. :mad:

As usual, I managed to avoid further trouble, gained some places due to others messing up and had some very nice laps racing with @Ranjanado. Coming out of the hairpin side-by-side, overtaking, being overtaken, that was great fun, thanks for the battle my friend! Ranj was unlucky to spin it after the arena, otherwise the battle would have gone on, I believe. At some point I had to let pass @Mark and @FuBii, but somehow both ended up behind me again. Finished P14, which was a bit disappointing considering my Top10 finishes in the first three races. But the car tried to kill me in the wets, so there was no chance of catching up. P13 was about 10sec ahead in the end, i think :oops:

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race...well...what can i say got taken out of the track and spun at turn 2 due to an accident that happened behind between my teamate @Mearcat and @benimi : i consider this an avoidable race incident between them (perhaps more focus on the race and cool head could avoid it) and i just was unlucky to get dragged into it.

I'd like to say sorry again. My car, unexpectedly by me, was turning to left while I was braking, so even I started to brake facing to the right, I ended up hitting the car on my left before I could realize what happened.

I'm going to try to look into it how it happened and what can I do to avoid it, and I'll definitely get ready for it the next time it happens.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
@Shepard Yeah i was sandwiched and tried to brake to come out of it. When i touched @Jaco P. i tried to not go to the outside but the bumb was too much and i wasn't able to avoid the contact to @Darksi . I braked after that to try to get out of it but it was just too much traffic. Sorry i was in your way @Shepard

And well, i didn't expected the touch to Jaco... Like i said i thought there was enough space to go behind him.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Shepard Yeah i was sandwiched and tried to brake to come out of it. When i touched @Jaco P. i tried to not go to the outside but the bumb was too much and i wasn't able to avoid the contact to @Darksi . I braked after that to try to get out of it but it was just too much traffic. Sorry i was in your way @Shepard
No worries, it was just a "racing incident" from my POV.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow : Did i touch you when you spun out just before the end (last 5 minutes maybe)? Wasn't sure, i had no contact from my point of view and you didn't said anything so i moved on. For me was plenty of space but you never know (Netcode - had the same situation at turn 1... didn't expected a contact there because for me there was space)

No you didn't. I said in game that when you asked but I forgot that my mic is up (off) so..... :)

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Something that just came to my mind: Sorry if you heard me cough from time to time, it still doesn't work with my buttons on the wheel to mute the Mic in Teamspeak.. Tried also with Push 2 Speak but also that doesn't work. Don't know why, when i'm not ingame (tabbed out of the game) it works.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Bad race for me yesterday...A series of unfortunate events happened.
Although I managed to avoid incidents in T1 (did not feel the touch from @dominiczeth) & T2 but after that there was an unfortunate hit on the "curby straight" which sent me directly into the wall. Had serious suspension dmg, windscreen broken afterwards, front aero smashed...so I had to pit. The pit stop took like forever..of course came back dead last in L2 and had been already been lapped by P1 & P2..so there was not much to do afterwards..
At the end there was a possibility to get some points but when I finally managed P20 or something I of course spun a couple of times so final position is not worth mentioning...
But I did not even say that my computer froze (now I've found out that when there is >20 people racing the system is not stable) during qualiys (by that time I was around P9) so I had to rejoin in the last 2 mins and only had 1 lap to make the best out of it..
So now we have what we have...anyway if it was a dry race I think I would be competitive but in the wet I was quite struggling (although I was not the only one :) )..
Now we're of for the last race..although I do not think I will have much spare time for practice unfortunately. Will try to make the best of it. :happy:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
@Jaco P. Interesting that you didn't felt the touch... That shows me that it really could be a netcode issue there. I was so sure i was already behind you.

Cartman_SP69

Community Member
Reaction score
It was also not the best race for me although i did enjoy it, on the 5th or 6th lap the curb after the first corner put me into the wall, and from there it was down hill, I was quite stressed out in the rain as it was only my second race in rain, I need to work on understanding the setups better. My goal for this race was to just finish without taking out anyone or causing an Indecent, I succeed with that although i span out a few times i did not make contact with anyone. The only contact i noticed was on the first lap of the race when someones car jumped on top of my car, however that did not give me any damage, so i do not know what the cause of that would be maybe lag or something. Overall I just want to thank everyone for the race it was quite exciting and i really enjoyed it. see you soon at Bathurst.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
@Jaco P. Interesting that you didn't felt the touch... That shows me that it really could be a netcode issue there. I was so sure i was already behind you.

Well in fact I do not know if I felt it of not...the bottom line is that the touch did not cause me any problems..so it's all good! :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Had good race pace in the dry and made a great start and was up to 9th from 21st on the grid, but I knew from practice that I would plummet like a brick when the rain came because no matter what tyre pressures I used I would just have no grip in the wet. I was running max downforce and sliding around all over the place. Plummeted down to 20th. I decided to pit for slicks because at least I would have some grip on some of the track. The corvette is probably one of the worse GT cars i've ever driven.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have final standings at hand?
Any streams available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread