Split 2 - R5: Hockenheimring - 16th April 2018 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can some people try something for me please.

There has been a lot of talk on the public forum about setups saved prior to patch 5 causing problems since Patch 5 was released. I've just cleared my saved setups and loaded up a Light Rain session and did a 1m44 lap on cold wet tyres with a full tank. More importantly, the car was controllable and predictable.

What I would like is for a few people to try this out too.

Make a manual note of your current setup for this race
Go to \Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\8053534\project cars 2\tuningsetups and move all the files in there to a new folder.
Launch pCARS2 and create the setup from scratch
Test

Please note, there is always a small chance that you will lose access to the setups entirely, so proceed at YOUR OWN risk. However, if others experience the same then this is going to be a necessary evil so that we can all enjoy a brilliant race :)
was that 1:44 at the beginning of the session or 10mins in? :)

I will check mine as they have been created for quite some time I think

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
was that 1:44 at the beginning of the session or 10mins in? :)

I will check mine as they have been created for quite some time I think
At the start. That time dropped to consistent 1m50/1m51 with 15-20 minutes of Light Rain, starting in Light Rain :)

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Please whish me luck with my internet connection. My wife said it was disconnectiong from time to time the whole day already. At the moment it seems to be ok, i hope it will still be ok for the Race. It's stupid... It worked the whole last week without problems...

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Good Luck with your internet connection.

I have set my car up just for the rain so it will be bit loose during the first few laps then come good and I'll make up any time lost and catch you all back up*

No I haven't, I'll be using the same setup as the last race and I'll be as slow as usual

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to pullout of this one also. Sorry for being very inconsistent. College work has to take priority at the moment as I'm slap bang in the middle of my Final Major Project. Round 6 will definitely see my return however! This week is just a little too busy for me.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
So, I have started running some race test runs, every time when I leave the pits on hot wets I have hardly any grip and that doesn't change. If I start the session wet and leave the pits on cold wets I have plenty of grip. Yes, I have double and triple checked pit strategy. There should be a coloured border around the tyre graphic if you have wets on.

Reapper[ZA]

Community Member
Reaction score
Hallo Gents, me, i'm just gonna enjoy the race as is. (Even if i'm last) ;):)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So, I have started running some race test runs, every time when I leave the pits on hot wets I have hardly any grip and that doesn't change. If I start the session wet and leave the pits on cold wets I have plenty of grip. Yes, I have double and triple checked pit strategy. There should be a coloured border around the tyre graphic if you have wets on.
you might want to check @Cluck 's previous posts on patch 5?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Some people have noticed no difference, but myself and James found it solved our main problem with grip with the wet tyres.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i'm not bothering with the thing cluck mentioned about the rain...

I don't like rain anyway so...better make up time on dry :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
i'm not bothering with the thing cluck mentioned about the rain...

I don't like rain anyway so...better make up time on dry :D
You have like 6-8 laps...good luck

Cartman_SP69

Community Member
Reaction score
I agree with Reapper[ZA], i just want to finish the race as clean as possible and have fun :) good luck to everyone

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Having some issues with my mic currently, hopefully this won't cause too many issues, but if you see a slow white car in the second to last corner, it'll be me for the pits :oops:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok Race was great for me! Just the first turn was strange to me... I wanted to do it slow and stay out of trouble. But then i got a touch to the right side of my car because i was between two cars and both moving towards me. I touched the car to the left from me after the bump from the right car (where i didn't know why i touched it - it wasn't really visible for me). So sorry for that, i was in a very uncomfortable position. Then i got a bump in the rear too.
I just saw in the Replay that the left car was @Darksi who spun out after that. Sorry mate... Didn't saw that in the Race :( Couldn't avoid the touch anymore. Maybe i was too careful...

Otherwise it was a great race, didn't had one accident after that and a very clean Race.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'd like to say sorry for everybody I caused issues in the first lap, I was a mess...

I tried to wait for the guys who I caused issues far and I even managed to mess that up and waited for the wrong people... :banghead:

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed that!

I did my usual, um, tactic? of qualifying very badly, which then allows me plenty of reaction time to avoid the Lap One chaos. And avoid it I did. Made at least ten places inside the first lap.

Was hanging quite happily in 11th / 12th thereabouts up until the rain came, and then... meh. Came out the pits in about 18th, and my handling was screwed. Dunno if it was the tyre pressures or what, but I was 20 seconds a lap slower. Slowly dropped back down the grid. Ended up in 21st or something I think. Annoying, as I usually quite enjoy racing in the rain. Not this time.

Would have been very interesting to see how it would have played out if there were no rain involved. I had decent (for me) pace!

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
After an opening couple of corners that made public lobbies look safe I made up loads of places into 16th, then got taken out two corners in a row and put back to last. At that point I had a WTF moment where I contemplated whether I was gonna carry on or not. I didn't have the pace (as usual) but figured once the weather changed things might level out a bit. I had the same issue as Pete, my car was undriveable after the pitstop. (I'd had more grip on slicks in the wet in practice). I think I must've got water in my electrics too as my dash was flashing on and off. Don't know if I was lagging as a result of that but nobody said anything.
Anyway that's it from me. I may loiter around the forum and make stupid comments(the only thing I'm good at) and run your races against the AI set at a level where I can actually have a race. Until I can best the AI on at least 90% there's no way I can compete against real people.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my overall race.

I knew I could hit 1:35.xxx as I'd done a couple before, but I never really expected to in qualifying conditions. Everything just came together. Knowing @Stokemon was on my left was pretty comforting, as Radgie Gadgies are known for avoiding their team mates on turn one ;) .

The getaway was clean and the plan was pretty straight forward, leverage the softs and get a good lead before the wet. I think many people pitted far too early in the wet, which gave a bit more breathing room. Once in the wet though, it was inevitable that @Stokemon was going to catch me. There didn't seem any point in us taking each other off, so I conceded position once it was clear he was closing right up.

After that it was just a nervy race trying to stay out of trouble. I only had one spin that cost me about 10 seconds, which felt like about 3 minutes. @Ashnoom was closing throughout, but I was (reasonably) sure I'd got it all timed out. It did make for very sweaty palms in the last 5 minutes though. Nice pressure :)

A 1-2 for the Radgie Gadgies is pretty much everything we could have hoped for.

was there a broadcast in the end for Split 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread