Split 2 - R3: Sakitto - 26th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a nice race. After a rough start where someone touched my from behind and i didn't had much space i could avoid a spin. Did my Penalty in the 2nd Lap, and spun out in the left hander before Pit Entry... That was stupid but at least i don't hit someone or a Wall...
Then i had a spin after around 20 minutes under the bridge and another spin 40 minutes after the start with a heart stopping moment because i spun out in front of my Team Mate @Invincible, who was on first position at this moment, and stalled my car in the middle of the Track. Luckily the reaction from him and his followers was so fast that they could avoid worse.

Sorry also to the @The Breeze who i touched while lapping in the last (or secondlast) lap.

At the End i'm happy with Position Number 10 after doing a Penalty and having 3 Spins without contact luckily. Pitstop went also great without any problems with entering. Did my Pitstop exactly in the middle of the Race which was good because i could feel the Grip dropping Lap after Lap. Maybe the Soft tires weren't the best choice... ;) Have a good night all!

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
What a crap race for me. Qualified 5th, first corner and someone rammed me up the inside and took the place. From there the car was handling completey erratically, completely different from practice, and I spun on the sharp corner before the right hander. Made my way up the positions and spun off on lap 12 ish and my pit strategy wasn't repairing my car. Suspension damage meant I had to pull out the race :(

I didn't see a lot of clean driving out there today. Mid runners and also a few people on corner 1 were quite, "feisty" in their approach. A lot of contact and avoidable crashes.

Hopefully this is the first and last terrible race for me...

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Had got up to fourteenth or so I think (this was somewhere between twelve and fifteen minutes in). And then, coming underneath the bridge, *ping* connection lost. Think Teamspeak told me that it had lost connection as well...

I had same thing.... like we have same provider ;)

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a lot of clean driving out there today. Mid runners and also a few people on corner 1 were quite, "feisty" in their approach. A lot of contact and avoidable crashes.

To be honest, it speaks volumes that I - actively trying to stay toward the back of the pack for a low-risk entry into my drive-through - managed to take eleven places on the first lap just by avoiding hitting people!

I had same thing.... like we have same provider ;)

If it turns out you’re with Zen, I’m going to be a bit freaked out.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a decent race which would have been even better if I didn't spin out 5 minutes to the end, which cost me the win.
But let's start with the qualifying. I didn't have much to practice so I didn't get my hopes up too high and I was positively surprised when I made P4.
Race started out okayish. I lost two places but managed not to make any contact and slowly moved up to P3 in the first 15 minutes.
Kept that place behind @Mark until he went into the pits. Then I steadily closed the gap on @UnstopaPaul in P1 until he messed up a bit in spoon 2 I think so I took the lead while he went to the pits. I stayed out for another lap, pushing as hard as I could at this point. Went into the pits and just managed to be back on track in P1 with only 1 second on P2 after turn 2. Over the following 20 minutes I mangeed to build a small lead by roughly 4 seconds, but then I spun out of the blue in the left hand turn after the tunnel under the bridge. P1 was gone and I just came back on track with P3 closing in. Charged for P1 again and reduced the gap from 9 seconds to 2.5 in the end but the race was over too fast. Still P2 is much better than I expected.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had a decent race which would have been even better if I didn't spin out 5 minutes to the end, which cost me the win.
But let's start with the qualifying. I didn't have much to practice so I didn't get my hopes up too high and I was positively surprised when I made P4.
Race started out okayish. I lost two places but managed not to make any contact and slowly moved up to P3 in the first 15 minutes.
Kept that place behind @Mark until he went into the pits. Then I steadily closed the gap on @UnstopaPaul in P1 until he messed up a bit in spoon 2 I think so I took the lead while he went to the pits. I stayed out for three more laps, pushing as hard as I could at this point. Went into the pits and just managed to be back on track in P1 with only 1 second on P2 after turn 2. Over the following 20 minutes I mangeed to build a small lead by roughly 4 seconds, but then I spun out of the blue in the left hand turn after the tunnel under the bridge. P1 was gone and I just came back on track with P3 closing in. Charged for P1 again and reduced the gap from 9 seconds to 2.5 in the end but the race was over too fast. Still P2 is much better than I expected.

I'd love to say I put some pressure on you mate, but I was not catching you

The quick summary of my race...

I had prepared well for the qualifying - I actually like Sakitto a lot as a TT track so I knew I should have a reasonably fast time. What I didn't expect was my best ever lap with only 3L of fuel in the tank and 4 mins remaining.

I was super nervous for my first pole, could I actually use Push to Tallk, talk, and accelerate in the right order? :D. Getting away safely around T1 allowed me to make best use of the clean air and a nice sprint setup to pull away.

Eventually @Mark and @Invincible started reeling me in, but with no real traffic around me I went with the safe lapping rather than pitting. Only once I made a mistake and rolled off track on the spoon did I decide I needed the pit. My pitstop was safe, but I think I lost rather a lot of time, plus I got nervous on fuel (despite careful testing) and added a couple of litres. When I left the pits I was only just ahead of Mark , and when invincible pitted I was only just too slow to get to corner 1 ahead of him. This probably should have cost me the race.

I settled into the slipstream for as long as I could, but eventually I fell back and was just "frantically keeping calm", trying to make it to the end. Then I asked Crewchief "where is P1". "We don't have the data" was his reply. That was right about when I freaked out. You can watch my stream to see just how slowly I take the "fast left" on the last lap.

All in all a great race from my point of view, no nudges, just laps and thanks to many people who safely moved over. I hope you all understood that the single or double flashes were purely "I am here", and not "move it". Hopefully I thanked everyone once I was not on a corner.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for this race. From what I saw it was really clean both from the guys at the front and those being lapped/exiting pits.
My race video below, couple of scary moments in the first few laps and really struggled to hold my nerve when getting close to @UnstopaPaul or @Invincible who were both racing really well tonight. Don't know if it was just me or dirty air when behind them, perhaps a bit of both. In the end I slowed it down a bit just to make sure I could get the car home. A rare podium for me so most pleased.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anyone got a raw list of the complete results? I'm an idiot and didn't scroll down before leaving the race summary, and my replay is somewhat corrupt...

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
1 UnstopaPaul Radgie Gadgies 01:05:17 40
2 Invincible Lords of the Fords + 2.803s 33
3 Mark Duct Tape Racing + 7.585s 28
4 Ashnoom Go Faster Stripes + 25.491s 24
5 Jaco P. Duct Tape Racing + 53.295s 21
6 Shepard The Underdogs + 54.718s 18
7 X FreakSuperman Corvfefette Racing + 71.146s 16
8 Damian Hall Apex Fever + 88.652s 14
9 Mearcat Scuderia Drucatto + 1 Lap 12
10 Dominiczeth Lords of the Fords + 31.812 10
11 benimi Invetero Racing + 67.847s 8
12 Reapper[ZA] The Underdogs + 68.589s 7
13 The Breeze Green! Green! Green! + 2 Laps 6
14 zevme Billy no mates + 3 Laps 5
15 Morne Eloff Scuderia Cheetahs + 93.816s 4
16 Ranjanado Loxifornado Racing + 4 Laps 3
17 xImJakeyy Billy no mates DNF 0
18 Darksi Anglo Dutch Connection DNF 0
19 Dama_The_Crow Green! Green! Green! DNF 0
20 Atmosferic34 Drunk Dragon Racing DNF 0

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
My POW and description of the race:

After that I went to pits, push through 12th place and then got disconnected.....

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Was one of the best races I have had.

Racing in this group becomes really enjoyable when everyone hunkers down to the task, and when the game gives you a break for once.

Qualified in 13th and finished 9th, that was a good run. I even got to hold a podium spot for all of 30 seconds or so :woot:. But I still hate the track, maybe from now on I will hate all the tracks and I might perform better :rolleyes:.

The Mcat curse of spinning even when coasting home during the final laps still struck costing me P8 but managed to get the car to limp home with a sore ankle.

I hope my 2 rejoins from my off road excursions were ok as I kept a decent pace just off the black top and they were away from the racing line and from my pov no vehicles nearby ( @Darksi yet again you were there as if your determined to keep having me crunch into you :)).

I had 2 cars on start lap bump just in front of me and had to dodge right but as there were cars on my inside (Dominiczeth and [AFR]Copper Piston) I chose to avoid a bump and went gravel surfing maintaining enough momentum to rejoin just after they got past. Watching the replay I have to thank @The Breeze for backing off enough for me to attempt avoiding the spinners.

All in all I am happy to of grabbed some points for me team. Now onto testing for the next race, and I hopefully get to test the telemetry reader out (not the in game one ;);)).

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
@Pete Morrish Don't worry I carry the team to a 7th place finish. So we got 16 points add on to the 10 points we had.

Nice one teammate! You've got good at this game all of a sudden!

Real shame mine dropped out. I might have got a top ten had it not bailed. Felt like I was putting in good (for me) laps. Without the drive-through, and assuming I'd logged something close to my best lap, I'd have qualified sixteenth, something like that. In a parallel universe somewhere, there's a chuffed Pete (but also a Pete that's won the lottery every week since it started, so doesn't bother with sim racing, and instead races the dinosaurs that he's managed to Jurassic-Park back into existence).

Ah well, the Glen next. Nice track. Fingers crossed.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I hope my 2 rejoins from my off road excursions were ok as I kept a decent pace just off the black top and they were away from the racing line and from my pov no vehicles nearby ( @Darksi yet again you were there as if your determined to keep having me crunch into you :)).

Just keeping you on your toes, ;-) but a good safe rejoin and exactly how they should be done. I remember coming past thinking that you were going to think I am out to get you or something as you approached the track lol.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
If it turns out you’re with Zen, I’m going to be a bit freaked out.

No I am not, but these things do not happen to my internet connection at all, it was a rock solid but last night ..... so much practice and driving and adjusting of RL schedule for nothing......:(

OMG and I totally forgot.... After all that fuzz about getting in last place in 3rd corner of 1st lap and getting damage, I tried to set my pitbox setup to do repairs and accidentally pushed "pause" button at S/F line in 3rd lap and almost hit the wall :confused:

Last edited:

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OMG and I totally forgot.... After all that fuzz about getting in last place in 3rd corner of 1st lap and getting damage, I tried to set my pitbox setup to do repairs and accidentally pushed "pause" button at S/F line in 3rd lap and almost hit the wall :confused:

Regarding the 3rd corner tap, I'm sorry for that. I was running the Hard tyre to try and keep them alive throughout the race until the pit stop.

And it was like driving at Silverstone all over again on the breaking zone for turn 3, and the back end was stepping out.

As I was still correcting it you went around the outside and I think I tapped you.

So sorry for that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread