Split 2 - R3: Sakitto - 26th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So it looks like I need to pull out of the remainder of the series. Went to try practicing a while ago to find the PC won't post. Further investigation shows that the CPU has died. Tried the usual disconnecting everything, plugging in the cables, just running with the cpu & one stick of ram. Nothing.
Please excuse me whilst I mourn the death of my first build.
:(

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
So it looks like I need to pull out of the remainder of the series. Went to try practicing a while ago to find the PC won't post. Further investigation shows that the CPU has died. Tried the usual disconnecting everything, plugging in the cables, just running with the cpu & one stick of ram. Nothing.
Where to attend the funeral (aka "Throw that *$xx*&% bastard out of the window")? Sorry to hear this!

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this mate, hopefully you can get sorted and get back online soon.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Quickest I could manage yesterday (Time Trial mode) was 1:43.479. That was a clear two seconds faster than my previous best, so I don't think I'm going to be Mr Consistent. Quali time is pretty much irrelevant for me, as I've got a drive-through penalty to serve, and I'll no doubt forget to turn on my pit speed limiter in time, so I'll more than likely be outright disqualified before I've started my second lap.

Change of subject: I've been unable to link my TeamSpeak account. Where's the right place to ask for advice on that? Couldn't see a dedicated thread. I follow the instructions, but it tells me that no-one with that UDID has logged in (I'm logged in to the RSR server at the time).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Change of subject: I've been unable to link my TeamSpeak account. Where's the right place to ask for advice on that? Couldn't see a dedicated thread. I follow the instructions, but it tells me that no-one with that UDID has logged in (I'm logged in to the RSR server at the time).

I can help here. Either before or after the race tonight if u got some time left :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
everything is down as far as it can go! . The problem is not the frame rate, its the variable framerate. It's going between 90fps and 45fps (and everything inbetween). I've tried forcing it to 45fps using oculustraytool, but it seems to forget very quickly, and I can't exactly tab out to solve it during the race :(
Are you running with asw? Should be the default anyway but you never know :)

Yeah I would like to stay above 90fps all the time but that’s not going to happen in a night race. As long as you can stay above 45 you should be good though.

I also have a 1080Ti and don’t have everything on low, most settings though. Maybe it’s not the gpu but the cpu struggling with so many AI.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
anyone else with VR having big trouble getting a steady framerate? Night race with 27 odd people is chewing up my 1080ti. Same race in daytime is no problem.

I have GTX 1070 and since I have turned SS off and raised multisampling to medium, I got better visuals and higher framerate. But in the night, on custom race, I notice FPS drop, and as Puffpirat said, I also think is the CPU limitation.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Are you running with asw? Should be the default anyway but you never know :)

Yeah I would like to stay above 90fps all the time but that’s not going to happen in a night race. As long as you can stay above 45 you should be good though.

I also have a 1080Ti and don’t have everything on low, most settings though. Maybe it’s not the gpu but the cpu struggling with so many AI.
I was also really hoping it is an AI problem, but since the race works fine during the day, I think this will be graphics more. I have an i7-8700K, maybe not the best, but its really pretty good. I'm always getting above 45fps, but the killer is that it does not stay at a consistent frame rate. I'd take 45 over 90, 90, 85, 56, 67, 80, 90 any day.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys, I will try them out before the race. If none of them work....get out of my way on turn 3 and 4 ;) ...that's where it goes bad...

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
The fpscap is not a useful option for VR, is it?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'd take 45 over 90, 90, 85, 56, 67, 80, 90 any day
But that’s exactly what ASW does, forcing it to either 45 or 90, nothing inbetween. I’m leaving it here though, I’m sure you’ll get it done ;)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
But that’s exactly what ASW does, forcing it to either 45 or 90, nothing inbetween. I’m leaving it here though, I’m sure you’ll get it done ;)
it's on according to everything I can see...its still going crazy according to the performance overlay (and visual inspection) :(

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
everything is down as far as it can go! . The problem is not the frame rate, its the variable framerate. It's going between 90fps and 45fps (and everything inbetween). I've tried forcing it to 45fps using oculustraytool, but it seems to forget very quickly, and I can't exactly tab out to solve it during the race :(
Hi Paul in your Pcars 2 - properties - Set launch options put in -fpscap 63
That may fix the issue you are getting

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can confirm that I won't be racing tonight. @UnstopaPaul I need you to help the championship a lot tonight!!!

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Only just saw this. I'll make sure to honour the death of your PC with some good results for our team! (At least I hope)

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Wellllllll piffle. Looks like my broadband connection dropped out. Disconnected from the race.

I hadn't bothered qualifying, as I had a drive-through to serve, and I didn't want to cause chaos by taking it mid-pack on the first race lap. As is turned out, I'd managed to get up to tenth or so by the end of the first lap anyway!

Was having a nice consistent race after that. Had got up to fourteenth or so I think (this was somewhere between twelve and fifteen minutes in). And then, coming underneath the bridge, *ping* connection lost. Think Teamspeak told me that it had lost connection as well, so seems as though this was my broadband connection itself having a wobble (and not my beautiful game!).

Was properly enjoying that as well!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I got disconnected. I have no idea why.....

Cartman_SP69

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I sincere apologies for the accident i caused around the first corner, I had constant freezes in my Oculus during the race, I will gladly accept any penalties for causing the accident.

Hope to see all of you in the next race will make a point of it to sort out my Oculus before the next race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread