Split 2 - R3: Sakitto - 26th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
s4-r3-sakitto-banner.jpg

Class: GTE
Track: Sakitto GP
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 26th March 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date: 26th March 2018
Time Progression: 2x
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 20:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Clear

Race Time: 5 + 60 minutes
Race Start Time: 21:00
Race Weather Forecast: Clear > Overcast

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Penalties
@dominiczeth - Making contact in the formation lap
@Pete Morrish - Causing an avoidable collision

Confirmed No-Shows
@2scoops
@Henri
@Stokemon
@Yammie916 (maybe)
@FuBii

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sakitto Pit Procedure

Following the initial discussions in the Questions thread, the Admin team have analysed the pit entry and concluded that it will be perfectly safe provided everybody follows some simple advice, as follows:

1. On the lap you wish to pit in, announce clearly on TeamSpeak that you are intending to pit, on the back straight after 'Spoon'. This is the same straight where we will be forming up in the 2x2 formation.

2. If you forget to make the call, by the time you reach the left-hand bend at the end of the straight, do NOT make an attempt to pit unless there are no cars around you (for the sake of clarity, "around" is defined as to your side or within 5 seconds of your car behind you).

3. After taking the left-turn, move over to the right of the track and STAY right. Maintain your speed as normal until you need to brake.

4. Practice your braking point in advance of the event. As a rough measure, you can start braking hard at the start of the 'service road' on the right (@ 0:26s in the video below)

5. If you are following a pitting car, do NOT try and draft them after the left-turn, take the left-hand side of the track and pass them safely. Attempting to get a draft is very likely to result in an accident.

6. When entering the pit-lane, avoid running wide to the left at all costs. The first sausage kerb has no mesh, meaning you WILL fall into a void there, potentially also throwing your car off at an unpredictable angle. Provided you brake early enough, you will have more than enough control to avoid running wide. If you missed your braking point and know that you are carrying too much speed, abort your pit-entry and try again on the next lap, do not attempt to pit as you will run wide and fall into this missing mesh.

The following video acts as a very simple guide on how to approach the pits safely.

Provided we ALL follow these simple steps, we can have a safe race with no problems entering the pits. Anybody caught trying to pit against these guidelines and/or causing an accident in this area as a result, WILL be punished severely. These guidelines are in place for this race for every driver's safety.

The Admin team have tested this pit-in procedure multiple times and found it to be both safe and reliable. We now consider the matter to be closed.

@2scoops @Alex du Plessis @Ashnoom @Dama_The_Crow @Darksi @drukqs @FuBii @Invincible @Loxias @Mark @mikeysalmon27 @Pete Morrish @Shepard @SlowBloke @Stokemon @xImJakeyy

@atmosfearic34 @benimi @Damian Hall @dominiczeth @Freak Superman @Henri @Jaco P. @Mearcat @Morne Eloff
@Peter Bennett @Ranjanado @Reapper[ZA] @The Breeze @UnstopaPaul @Yammie916 @zevme

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
can I confirm that the times for this are correct at 18:30 UTC for briefing? I understand that is probably to accommodate regions where the timezone has not changed yet (or ever?). I just want to make sure its not a typo, as it is really tight for me to get home for this time

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
can I confirm that the times for this are correct at 18:30 UTC for briefing? I understand that is probably to accommodate regions where the timezone has not changed yet (or ever?). I just want to make sure its not a typo, as it is really tight for me to get home for this time

This shouldn't change the time for Uk as we move to UTC +1 so the briefing will be 19:30 Uk time

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately i'm not going to be able to make this as i'm away at a Help 4 Heroes recovery centre all week.

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately i'm also not going to be able to race at Sakitto as i'll be in India for work.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm only a maybe for this race. I've got a job interview on Tuesday and depending on how prepared I feel will dictate whether I race.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
So, how did people do in preparing this race? What are the times (race pace) that people are chewing out of this track?

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
I am only a maybe for this as well....:(

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So, how did people do in preparing this race? What are the times (race pace) that people are chewing out of this track?
Well, it depends what you mean race pace - I did a few races against the AI (Starting in middle) and my average lap was between a 1:47 and 1:49. Race pace is really going to depend on a lot of factors.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Ashnoom High 1:42 to low 1:43 for qualy. Mid 1:43 with race setup going up to 1:44 when the tires start to fade.

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Getting occasional short freezes (circa half second or so) since Saturday even with reduced gfx.... dont think that is something I should bring tonight..... will keep troubleshooting but if its no better I will have to sit out again :/

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
anyone else with VR having big trouble getting a steady framerate? Night race with 27 odd people is chewing up my 1080ti. Same race in daytime is no problem.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
anyone else with VR having big trouble getting a steady framerate? Night race with 27 odd people is chewing up my 1080ti. Same race in daytime is no problem.
Yeah night races are a framerate killer. Try turning down supersampling and reflections/env map.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yeah night races are a framerate killer. Try turning down supersampling and reflections/env map.
everything is down as far as it can go! . The problem is not the frame rate, its the variable framerate. It's going between 90fps and 45fps (and everything inbetween). I've tried forcing it to 45fps using oculustraytool, but it seems to forget very quickly, and I can't exactly tab out to solve it during the race :(

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So it looks like I need to pull out of the remainder of the series. Went to try practicing a while ago to find the PC won't post. Further investigation shows that the CPU has died. Tried the usual disconnecting everything, plugging in the cables, just running with the cpu & one stick of ram. Nothing.
Please excuse me whilst I mourn the death of my first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread