Split 1 - R2: Nürburgring - 30th Jan 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly not in alien territory, but with 18ltrs of fuel I'm running low 1:15s with race settings (cloud/9pm, etc.). So I suspect we're looking at mid 1:14s race pace for the other guys.

I reckon the top quali lap will be in the mid to high 1:13s :blackalien:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just ran a quick test in MP, with race conditions, and was running low 1m14 laps right from the first flying lap. Best quali lap I did (although I only did 6) was a 1m13.9. I have no doubt that with practice and a better setup, mid-1m13 laps are very much on the cards for the top guys, probably low 1m13 as the P1 time.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everybody to be VERY mindful of the track limits on this circuit. Coming out of T2, it can be ambiguous as to where the track limits are. To save confusion, please note that the red area below is NOT normal track area and must not be used during qualification or the race itself.

Likewise, it is very easy to run wide on the exit of T4. This is a gentle reminder that it is not permitted to run wide here. The red area marked below is strictly off-track.

I know we all know the rules already but these 2 need special mention.

Then, of course, there's the chicane near the end. Brake in time and you won't have anything to worry about :)

Last edited:

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
That's not annoying in the slightest :mad:

You just drop in on a low 1:14!! And I presume that's on a default setup with just tyre pressure tweaks ;)

After about 30 mins earlier I managed to get a 1:14.9, which I was quite pleased with, but I'm just not going to find well over a second with my current setup (few tenths maybe). Might be time to scrap it and go back to the drawing board :banghead:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

You just drop in on a low 1:14!! And I presume that's on a default setup with just tyre pressure tweaks ;)

After about 30 mins earlier I managed to get a 1:14.9, which I was quite pleased with, but I'm just not going to find well over a second with my current setup (few tenths maybe). Might be time to scrap it and go back to the drawing board :banghead:
It's not default, no, but it's just some VERY basic changes. Ride height, tyres on supersoft and some slightly lower tyre pressures to cope with the cooler weather (I found they were going very slightly bluey-green after a couple of laps in the race session.

That low 1m14 was on a full tank of fuel (well, minus 1 lap's worth).

The 1m13 quali lap was with 8L of fuel onboard - it was my 1st flying lap :eek:.

EDIT : I only managed a 1m14-dead lap in time-trial, but that's on my race setup. I'm sure I could eek some time out of that with a drop in fuel and different tyre pressures.

Last edited:

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I know what I'm doing on Sat, when my other half is out. I'm going to try every single combination of car setup changes to see what works. Should only take about 2 or 3 days I reckon ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ahhh man how do you think i feel i saw you saying a 1.15 ish an i thought yeh great only just over a second slower.. An now cluck say a 1.13 puts me 3 seconds down now lol.

Well I know what I'm doing on Sat, when my other half is out. I'm going to try every single combination of car setup changes to see what works. Should only take about 2 or 3 days I reckon ;)
Iv found the softer the car the better it handles..

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Iv found the softer the car the better it handles..
Did you try the setup I sent over earlier?

Interested to see if it helps you out and get quicker. Although given the conversation above, I wouldn't put all your eggs in that particular setup basket ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh god, don't come to me for setup tips please. Seriously. I have no idea what I'm doing, at all :shy:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did you try the setup I sent over earlier?

Interested to see if it helps you out and get quicker. Although given the conversation above, I wouldn't put all your eggs in that particular setup basket ;)
Lol not yet mate i made my own a few days ago and have been tweeeking it lol best i ever got with mine was a 1.15.9...ill try yours tomorow as iv got the whole day to myself.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh god, don't come to me for setup tips please. Seriously. I have no idea what I'm doing, at all :shy:
Worry thee not. Although I'm not sure Jonno should be using mine either ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thats basicly what i did with mine just moved a few arrows left and right untill i could go round a corner without the back over taking me lol..

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
What we need to do is just run the entire series at Oulton Park. Maybe we should have a quiet word with Manu and see if he's up for it ;)

If anyone else is interested, the setup I used for Nords so far, is screen grabbed in OneDrive. It's as soft as a very soft thing on a bed of soft things, in a room made of cushions, but it's really stable, loads of traction and good on tyre wear: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuGYjal2EU4PlIYqtHy-qN6lfqs72Q

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here's my time-trial lap from earlier

It's far from perfect, as you can see, and it's compromised with cold brakes and incorrect tyre pressures for daytime.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So you did a 1.13 in daytime or at night as the race is 2100.???

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So you did a 1.13 in daytime or at night as the race is 2100.???
My 1m13.9 time was in qualifying, in a MP session set up as per the event itself :)

The above was just to see what the setup was like in time trial conditions - the tyres are badly compromised and it was my 2nd run (you can see how badly the 1st run went from the time in the top-right :D)

EDIT : I've not spent a lot of time on the combo yet, these are just my "first evening" times.

EDIT : Also, the video is not to show off, it's far from a perfect lap. The whole purpose was to try and help anybody who might be struggling with driving lines, where to brake, how much to accelerate etc. :)

Last edited:

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any sector times to got with that 1.13.9? I'm interested in where the difference lay.
I have done a 1.14.9 on race fuel, but haven't been able get close to it the last time I trained

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Check the video a few posts up. That's a 1m14.0 lap, so the sector times should be fairly close to the 1m13.9 lap I did :)

Remember, though, the 1m13 lap was a quali lap, starting with 8L of fuel, so probably started the lap with just under 7L onboard. Full tank, I was doing low 1m14 laps from the 1st flying lap.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Any good soul to share his setup because I don't want again to have rear end of the car in front of my front. :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What we need to do is just run the entire series at Oulton Park. Maybe we should have a quiet word with Manu and see if he's up for it ;)

If anyone else is interested, the setup I used for Nords so far, is screen grabbed in OneDrive. It's as soft as a very soft thing on a bed of soft things, in a room made of cushions, but it's really stable, loads of traction and good on tyre wear: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuGYjal2EU4PlIYqtHy-qN6lfqs72Q

Any good soul to share his setup because I don't want again to have rear end of the car in front of my front. :(
See above Dama, Mikey shared the setup he was using (not sure if he's still using that though)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I just ran a quick test in MP, with race conditions, and was running low 1m14 laps right from the first flying lap. Best quali lap I did (although I only did 6) was a 1m13.9. I have no doubt that with practice and a better setup, mid-1m13 laps are very much on the cards for the top guys, probably low 1m13 as the P1 time.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everybody to be VERY mindful of the track limits on this circuit. Coming out of T2, it can be ambiguous as to where the track limits are. To save confusion, please note that the red area below is NOT normal track area and must not be used during qualification or the race itself.

Likewise, it is very easy to run wide on the exit of T4. This is a gentle reminder that it is not permitted to run wide here. The red area marked below is strictly off-track.

I know we all know the rules already but these 2 need special mention.

Then, of course, there's the chicane near the end. Brake in time and you won't have anything to worry about :)
While I agree, from my experience with that layout and track, I don't think you'd gain time if you use that two off areas. If you run that far esp on the first screen, you're out of place and rhythm for the upcoming straight.

So ... just don't go there guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread