Split 1 - R2: Nürburgring - 30th Jan 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lap 33. Oh...My...God :eek: . I'll let the video say the rest :D

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Awesome race, but also very difficult. I had several contacts, none of them intentional nor too much of consequences fortunately. I have to say that the night conditions, the limited gap between opponents, the lack of space and that MONO driving which is a bit fuzzy, was complex to manage. But at the other hand it made the broadcast really enjoyable to watch, with @t0daY and @TonyR comments, that's a masterpiece. In any case, cheers to everyone for giving such a great spectacle without major incidents. :cool:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome race, but also very difficult. I had several contacts, none of them intentional nor too much of consequences fortunately. I have to say that the night conditions, the limited gap between opponents, the lack of space and that MONO driving which is a bit fuzzy, was complex to manage. But at the other hand it made the broadcast really enjoyable to watch, with @t0daY and @TonyR comments, that's a masterpiece. In any case, cheers to everyone for giving such a great spectacle without major incidents. :cool:

As long as you have no problem that we still can't decide how to call you. PatatorJohn, PotatoJohn, John, PJ... We are truly sorry :( :D

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
As long as you have no problem that we still can't decide how to call you. PatatorJohn, PotatoJohn, John, PJ... We are truly sorry :( :D
I'm fine with 'PJ', but for the broadcast you can keep 'PatatorJohn' if you wish, as it add a little fun when you guys struggle to pronounce it :hilarious:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I had very nice race untill I started to move my desk around trying to turn the wheel..... :penguin:

I was more happy with G27 and it's pedals.....

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had very nice race untill I started to move my desk around trying to turn the wheel..... :penguin:

I was more happy with G27 and it's pedals.....

Dama, how is your chair "fixed" to the pedals? When I had an office chair on wheels and my old desk, I would put a heavy box behind my office chair, so it wouldn't be pushed backwards when braking.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Is the stream footage still viewable somewhere?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is the stream footage still viewable somewhere?

Yes. Will sort out the video section tonight. Twitch.tv/tonyR600 it should be viewable :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Well firstly i have to say to @2scoops them first 5 laps were great. Then we synchronise spun... So i dived in to the pits at the end of lap 6 in my ultimate wisdom thinking i can claw at least 2 spots back with just 30 solid laps. Unfortunatly i pushed passed my limitations and that was that...but i completed my goal to finish.. Now on to placing next race.

I think we need to work together more @jonnotheone as it was costing us a lot of time and we lost touch with the group in front of us :(

Yes. Will sort out the video section tonight. Twitch.tv/tonyR600 it should be viewable :)

Blimey, that was quick, are you sat poised to strike the keys like a coiled spring :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@2scoops i thi k that was due to us both spinning right at the same time with no contact lol

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Dama, how is your chair "fixed" to the pedals? When I had an office chair on wheels and my old desk, I would put a heavy box behind my office chair, so it wouldn't be pushed backwards when braking.

Pedals were fine, I fixed then on the board and with three nails fixed chair. But the problem was in wheel attached to desk. I didn't practice that much to see that when in real "battle" I would pull a little bit harder, whole desk will be moving. That just happened in race last night. :penguin:
So, this morning I brought back wheel to playseat Challenge and I am happy again.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@TonyR @t0daY I just watched the full stream and have to say "Vielen dank für ein sehr tolles Kommentar!" It was just like watching a race on tv and loved the post-race interviews!

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
It turned into quite the lonely race for me after a few small battles at the start (sorry for the few bumps @Dama_The_Crow). When I entered the pits it said my pit box was occupied by @t0daY however the stop itself seemed to work anyway. I was held for what seemed like the right time it takes to change tyres but I didn't hear anything so maybe if the @Admins want to double check my stop @4:00 that it did actually change tyres and I didn't gain an advantage that would be appreciated. I'm happy to accept any penalties if something similar that happened to @ramiboo happened to me and I gained time.

Other than that just a friendly word of advice to @Morvic to try and keep your blocking manoeuvres more preventative and less reactionary (last second) maybe. No harm done, I may have appeared to be a bit further back on your screen @5:50. It was very nice of you to let me through but you didn't have to do that. :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
(sorry for the few bumps @Dama_The_Crow).

Not problem at all. I bumped myself few times... alone ;)

I also remembered now, as you mentioned for pitbox, that I didn't also changed tyres. Totally left that unchecked in pit strategy... And I wondered how the hell pitstop lasted so little time :D

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It turned into quite the lonely race for me after a few small battles at the start (sorry for the few bumps @Dama_The_Crow). When I entered the pits it said my pit box was occupied by @t0daY however the stop itself seemed to work anyway. I was held for what seemed like the right time it takes to change tyres but I didn't hear anything so maybe if the @Admins want to double check my stop @4:00 that it did actually change tyres and I didn't gain an advantage that would be appreciated. I'm happy to accept any penalties if something similar that happened to @ramiboo happened to me and I gained time.

Other than that just a friendly word of advice to @Morvic to try and keep your blocking manoeuvres more preventative and less reactionary (last second) maybe. No harm done, I may have appeared to be a bit further back on your screen @5:50. It was very nice of you to let me through but you didn't have to do that. :)

as I said, sorry, I thought I was reacting early enough, my mistake :( I'll try and do that earlier next time ;) I did it so early since my rear view mirror make it look like a normal distance, not like a distance of bumper.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@TonyR @t0daY , is it possible for me to have the video from the live coverage? I'm currently running the live coverage and my video in two windows and I'd like to make a video combining the footage. It just looks :cool:

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@stolnikas
@FlyingKman what did you mean by calling me "a f**king beast at blocking"? :D I hope i didn't do anything that was not allowed by the rules :)
What I mean is that it was PERFECTION!! Your blocking and taking the inside line at the correct times you did was so good, that I just could not pass you. I was a full second faster as soon as I got away from you but you kept me bottled up in the stolnikas jar and there was just no escape. Perfect driving mate wow.

Also I just want to say all 4 of us wow so good so close battles all the way throughout the race loved it. @Ashnoom @stolnikas @Laiders. A race I wont forget easily.
Well done to @Puffpirat and @Suomy, you two are on another league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread