RSR International Cup - Season 1 - Question Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just ran a few laps of Catalunya National, in default setup and then with the better tyres. Did a 1m16.9 on 100% default in time trial and a 1m12.5 with just a swap to the better tyres. Will have a go with my patented Clucks-Random-Slide-o-Matic-Technique™ at some point in the next few days to see what I can whittle that time down to. I'd almost forgotten how ludicrously fun the BAC Mono is :D.

Martin G Webb

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry Cluck, didn't the admin team tell you ? You're racing with your feet tied together and Miagi has to race while sucking his thumb. I think that should make it a fair race . . . . LOL

Martin G Webb

Community Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we should make him drive by looking through a mirror ? I don't know or maybe we should try something F1 used to do, just use what we've got and trust to talent.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you back Martin.
Btw. I also had fun with the Soft tires, sure the prime are hooligans but when you push the Mono hard, the soft tires also come to life. But it really is driving, it is difficult to push hard on the throttle and control it with the steering. But it's the way to get quicker. There are just a few things on the setup that makes the car quicker. Soft tires, 0 camber, low ride height. Besides that it's just some fine tuning that adjust the car to each drivers style. But it will always be a wild ride and only practice and skill will make you quicker. In FP I was down to 1.12.0069. And there should be some time left. But from what I saw, the tires don't hold up perfectly, mostly temperature. So for quali it's 1, 2 or 3 quick laps at max. In the race I expect the pace to drop by half a second or even more after some laps, and then maybe further some time later.

The Mono is a great pick as a car, it is challenging in the good way. It is a quick aggressive car, but still offers lot's of driving pleasure and great control. I also like the first track of the season a lot. I'd only wished we had Hockenheim Nat. in there too :b

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
So will we be doing a time trial to separate people into leaguse?

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A few more laps down and a little of the old random-slide-o-wotsit method has yielded a 1m11.6 . I haven't looked at Suomy's ghost to see where he's making the time up but another 0.7s is out of my reach and I'm not even going to try and match that.

As miagi says, that kind of driving and pace will overheat the left-side tyres very quickly so it's only any good for a quali lap. I'll give it a go in race conditions nearer the time.

Really looking forward to this :)

Martin G Webb

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you back Martin.
Btw. I also had fun with the Soft tires, sure the prime are hooligans but when you push the Mono hard, the soft tires also come to life. But it really is driving, it is difficult to push hard on the throttle and control it with the steering. But it's the way to get quicker. There are just a few things on the setup that makes the car quicker. Soft tires, 0 camber, low ride height. Besides that it's just some fine tuning that adjust the car to each drivers style. But it will always be a wild ride and only practice and skill will make you quicker. In FP I was down to 1.12.0069. And there should be some time left. But from what I saw, the tires don't hold up perfectly, mostly temperature. So for quali it's 1, 2 or 3 quick laps at max. In the race I expect the pace to drop by half a second or even more after some laps, and then maybe further some time later.

The Mono is a great pick as a car, it is challenging in the good way. It is a quick aggressive car, but still offers lot's of driving pleasure and great control. I also like the first track of the season a lot. I'd only wished we had Hockenheim Nat. in there too :b

Its good to be back Miagi.
I have to agree that the Mono is a handful, not quite as much fun as the Atom but still a great choice for a league. I'll have to try out a few more options but for me, reducing the amount of camber on the rear, while softening the suspension did nothing to improve traction, in fact the rear was less manageable. I'll give it a few more laps and plenty of hours of practice, I think I'm down to a 1:14.6 at the moment, so no where near what you guys are doing.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is say goodbye to the idea that the mono will ever be easy to drive when try to go for pace and not just rolling around the track. It does offer good adjustability but at accelerated reaction times. And your right foot
determinates how quick you'll have to react on the wheel.

I think the Differential acceleration lock is something that can make it a bit easier or give more reaction time when you readuce the percentage. It will ultimately reduce the theoretical pace the car can do, but as long as someone doesn't hit 1.12.2-ish it's rather not a concern.

For someone that wants to go superalien, high acc. lock could be something to try, but unfortunately it only goes to 85% I think what makes the car really wild all the time and burns the rear left like the tarmac on Barcelona Circuit did to my sneakers mid-summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I find the mono quite fun to drive, once I've made the front rather stiff & the rear extremely soft on supersoft tyres to get any form of reasonable handling. Usually I keep the accel lock between 12 & 18% with the deceleration lock 4% above the accel.
But I'm not a decent race engineer

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this. Did some laps in the Mono for the first time the other day and it's a blast to drive!

Personally I prefer the shorter race length and full grids of a single class, should make for some exciting racing!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick question...(ohh god heres jonno with another quick question that turns in to a big debate i hear you say lol.)

Ok so if lobbys get split and we find some to stream. Will both lobbys be broadcasted or just the first lobby..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok well after most of the afternoon trying to do something with this car. Iv figured out i can not tune for toffee so im not going to. Ill turn up with default tune and if i finish then great if not ohh well..

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
ok well after most of the afternoon trying to do something with this car. Iv figured out i can not tune for toffee so im not going to. Ill turn up with default tune and if i finish then great if not ohh well..

*laughs in vehicle dynamics knowledge*

Just kidding. I and maybe someone else will upload a slightly improved version of the setup. I should have a "not super fast but faster and bit more tame" version of the default setup that I can share when I'm back home.
But practicing would be my recommendation anyway ^^

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So will we be doing a time trial to separate people into leaguse?

Looks like it. We are currently 46 people signed up, breaking the 50 would be awesome!

Quick question...(ohh god heres jonno with another quick question that turns in to a big debate i hear you say lol.)

Ok so if lobbys get split and we find some to stream. Will both lobbys be broadcasted or just the first lobby..

Here coooomes Jonno! (Johnny :D) - Only one split will be commentated and broadcasted. But every onboard stream, no matter which split, is more than welcome! :)

I made this setup long time ago but it still seems okay. It is a very stable setup and maybe it helps you a little bit - http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/17153524

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
46 IS awesome, the response from inside RSR was always going to be good, the response from the outside advertising has been great, just shows what a great community we have a great job all you guys are doing, you should be proud :D

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just did "a couple" of laps with the BAC Mono. First with default setup and the hard tires.....I was....eeeerrrrr......slow. Than I changed to soft tires and instantely got a 1m14s4 on the clock. A couple of laps later and I was in the high 1m13s. I then changed the rear sway bar a bit, put brake balance slightly towards the rear and.....eerrr.....that was it. After some laps I clocked a 1m12s935. Steveg has a 1m12s037 and Alex Salmon has a 1m12s940 so that's really close ;-). I now will hunt down the time of ramiboo......tomorrow or so as I'm sweating like a pig at the moment :D

Attachments

• 20170102222841_1.jpg
    20170102222841_1.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
That finnish guy is crazy. He improved his time on the 23/12/2016 ? Hä?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread