Project CARS 2 RL Event: Sim Racing Expo / Blancpain Series @ Nürburgring | 15-17 Sep 2017 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Members of the SMS Team will be in attandance at the Expo and they are eager to meet you guys.
So I will schedule a time for us to drop by our booth, to say Hello and to take over the leaderboard :)

This is awesome news! :D
Now I'm even more looking forward to our Event! :stig:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Elmo @t0daY Make sure to find out if we need to reserve an hour or so for us to do the go kart race! Would be fun to get an actual RSR go kart event lol. Also thanks for setting up the SMS stuff! Looking forward to it.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
There's still time Puffi!!!!!!!

B

Blue Monkey

@Elmo @t0daY Make sure to find out if we need to reserve an hour or so for us to do the go kart race! Would be fun to get an actual RSR go kart event lol. Also thanks for setting up the SMS stuff! Looking forward to it.
You can actually rent races at the kart track there ... I proposed it once to Manu but totally forgot about it.

Elmo

SMS Developer
Community Member
Reaction score
Been talking to @t0daY today about how to deal with the floor / couch sleepers: @Yorkie_065 @TheDoctor46 @dominiczeth

Our suggestion is you pay a bit less compared to the others who are going to have a bed.
We were thinking about 45 Euro per person (compared to 65) and to use this money to buy common supplies like drinks, BBQ stuff and breakfast items.

Can you three indicate please if you are okay with that?

Last edited:

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
I am fine with that, although I don't mind paying usual price either.

p.s. Did @t0daY not tell you that me and him are sharing a floor...so a bed is going spare right? ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I suppose we ought to start thinking about travel arrangements for the UK collective.

I'm definitely going to head over by car and I will comfortably carry 2 passengers. I know @Gxbbs was interested but I can't remember what @Yorkie_065 had planned. Since we can't get into the house until Friday afternoon, I vote we grab a morning tunnel/ferry crossing and then boot it across the continent. I'm happy to head back Sunday night, if folk need to be back in the UK for Monday morning but I'm planning to take Monday off regardless :).

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I suppose we ought to start thinking about travel arrangements for the UK collective.

I'm definitely going to head over by car and I will comfortably carry 2 passengers. I know @Gxbbs was interested but I can't remember what @Yorkie_065 had planned. Since we can't get into the house until Friday afternoon, I vote we grab a morning tunnel/ferry crossing and then boot it across the continent. I'm happy to head back Sunday night, if folk need to be back in the UK for Monday morning but I'm planning to take Monday off regardless :).
My current plan was to meet @Yorkie_065 at the junction before the tunnel where I can leave my car over the weekend and then hitch a ride with yorkie to Germany.
As for days off, I’m taking the Thursday, Friday and Monday off.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am fine with that, although I don't mind paying usual price either.

p.s. Did @t0daY not tell you that me and him are sharing a floor...so a bed is going spare right? ;)

You misunderstood here something. We are sharing one bed. Me and you on one side, @Elmo on the other side. A nice threesome :D

We can stay till monday morning 10 o'clock in the house. Leave on Monday :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew Monday was OK, it was more whether people were staying until Monday or had to be back in the UK Sunday night. Looks like I'll be nobby-no-mates'ing it then for the drive over :D.

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
I was going to be driving, heading there on the Friday and coming back Monday (most 90% likely). @Cluck you should join me and Gxbbs in the racing red stallion! We have journey snacks and banging beats! :D

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Now this sounds good, what more could you want for your journey other than a @Cluck? :p
Beer! Lots. of. Beer!

Talking about beer - I'll bring a crate of Beck's, a crate of "Gude" (local craft beer) and a few bottles of "Apfelwein" (apple wine). Is there anything else I can get for you guys?

Last edited:

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Beer! Lots. of. Beer!

Talking about beer - I'll bring a crate of Beck's, a crate of "Gude" (local craft beer) and a few bottles of "Apfelwein" (apple wine). Is there anything else I can get for you guys?
oh don't you worry, there will certainly be alchohol on my list to pack ;)

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Beer! Lots. of. Beer!

Not whilst driving, and there shall be none for Gxbbs whilst driving too. :)

Once we arrive then yeah...you'll probably struggle to find me without a drink in hand :p

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Not whilst driving, and there shall be none for Gxbbs whilst driving too. :)

So he can't drink while you're driving? That's harsh... :p
If you want him to drive too, then it's advised that he has to be sober.

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
So he can't drink while you're driving? That's harsh... :p
If you want him to drive too, then it's advised that he has to be sober.

I don't allow it as have heard plenty of stories where drivers have still gotten in trouble when passengers are drinking, as the police often suspect that the driver has been drinking too. I know can prove I haven't with a breathalyzer test but it's just not worth risking the hassle of it all as the driver is ultimately responsible for their passengers. And yeah, if I need Gxbbs to drive for whatever reason, he can. Wouldn't want him pissed and me to randomly feel too ill to drive (never happened before but ya know...), and we end up getting stuck on the side of the road cuz of it :p

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
You're right - having wasted passenger attracts bad luck with the cops.
Oh and be careful in the area around the Nürburgring. Last time I got there I saw three mobile speed traps within the last 10 km to the 'Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread