General PC help/advice (1 Viewer)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
HDMI to HDMI would be my choice, Simple, no converters, just a cable. (I'm right in understanding the Main monitor only has a DVI or HDMI plug on it?)

G

Gopher04

Yep just hdmi or dvi.

Interesting you say about converters, lets just say I went dpi to dvi, I wouldn't need a converter would I, just a dpi to dvi cable?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Indeed, that would be fine but I would always match interfaces at both ends if it is possible to do so. At 1920x1080, HDMI to HDMI will be absolutely fine :).

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
None which you will really see or notice with your naked eye, on the setup you have. It really is noticeable when you go high res and high quality monitors. For now HDMI to HDMI would not be any different to DPI to DVI to what your eyes would perceive. 1080p is 1080p and you would only really notice the difference if the screen was of low quality and really does not keep up with the demands of what ever games you play. Sorry for the confusion I caused but it was not really intended but more in depth to what you were asking. @Cluck in the end did sum it up correctly.

G

Gopher04

Honestly is wasn't confusing, I'd done all the reading on it before, but was just looking for a quick answer on a quick question, but I do know you were only trying be informative and helpful, so appreciate it..;)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
gtx1080ti-2-guru3d.png

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe Manu gets one when the 1080Ti arrives ;)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Gives him time to plan the bank job

G

Gopher04

The 1080ti so far on estimated performance is coming in at 40% increase over the 1080..

I did look at getting a 2nd hand 980ti, but because some of the pricing peeps are trying to sell them at is just ridiculous, so went for the fastest 1070 and got it at a really good price, and the clocking on these cards is just immense..

By the way the 1st price on the new Ryzen in the UK I've seen..

https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/cpu-amd/amd-ryzen-7-socket-am4-processors

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
The 1080ti so far on estimated performance is coming in at 40% increase over the 1080..

40% perfomance increase? Never. That would place the 1080ti in front of the Titan, and I really doubt that Nvidia will do that. The 1080 is rated @8,9 TF, the Titan has 11 TF. If the advance over the 1080 would be 40%, the TI would have to come with a whopping 12,5 TF...

G

Gopher04

The background materials are obviously Titanium crystals. So yes, we now know with near absolute certainty that the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is being launched. The Ti could be roughly up-to 30% maybe 40% faster compared to a regular GTX 1080 in the higher resolutions. So let's have a peek: in the introduction teaser you can see growing Titanium crystals.

Read the rest here m8, I was surprised as well, but Guru3d are good at reports.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-launches-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-countdown.html

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Read the rest here m8, I was surprised as well, but Guru3d are good at reports.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-launches-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-countdown.html
Just read that... still, 40% is too much imho. Nvidia would severely hurt Titan sales and also anger customers who just bought one, if they now offer a higher performance at lower cost within the same generation.

Also, if you look at the table at the end of this article, the 1080ti will roughly be rated @10,8 TF, which is an increase of 22% over the 1080. I know that TF don't necessarily translate into gaming performance, but I'll remain sceptical until I'm disproven by benchmarks.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just read that... still, 40% is too much imho. Nvidia would severely hurt Titan sales and also anger customers who just bought one, if they now offer a higher performance at lower cost within the same generation.

Also, if you look at the table at the end of this article, the 1080ti will roughly be rated @10,8 TF, which is an increase of 22% over the 1080. I know that TF don't necessarily translate into gaming performance, but I'll remain sceptical until I'm disproven by benchmarks.

Hey, AMD child! Go in a corner and be happy with your R9 + Ryzen :D :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, AMD child! Go in a corner and be happy with your R9 + Ryzen :D :D
Ryzen yes. But for the GPU, most likely I'll go for the 1080. I will just wait until the TI has been released and hope for at least a small price drop of the 1080's (980's dropped 50 - 60 € when the 980ti came out).

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
blatant copy from my post on the Pcars2 forum:

From wccftech: http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700...pu-benchmarks/

I find it really interesting that an R7 1700x (although OC'ed) manages to beat an I7 7700k in single thread performance despite the lower clock speed. The Ryzen was running at ~4,0 GHz whilst the i7 was going at 4,5 GHz stock speed. Yes, the i7 can still be overclocked much further, but in terms of IPC, the R7 wins.

G

Gopher04

From what I read so far the R7 is walking past Intel in benchmarking, but in games it is still away back.

sniper-elite-iii-.png monster-hunter-benchmark.png cpu-z-benchmark-1.78.1.png cinebench-r15.png bioshock-infinite-.png batman-arkham-origins-.png aida64---memory-bandwidth.png 3dmark-2013---fire-strike-p.png 3dmark-2013---fire-strike-p.png aida64---memory-bandwidth.png batman-arkham-origins-.png bioshock-infinite-.png cinebench-r15.png cpu-z-benchmark-1.78.1.png monster-hunter-benchmark.png sniper-elite-iii-.png

Users who are viewing this thread