2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Manu's changing daily what we can upload. :p

Although zips were never allowed, AFAIR.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There are lots of references to the PID.DLL. Have you changed controllers recently at all? Or moved what you already have to different USB ports?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Might be worth trying the wheel on a different USB port - eg, if it's on USB 3.0, plug it into a USB 2.0 port (and vice versa). I'll do a bit of digging on the public forum aswell, as I'm sure I've read about the PID.DLL error on there. Failing that, if you post the logs on there then somebody will take a look - there are a few guys there that are really helpful, they look through problem logs regularly :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I will try that, if I can find a spare one lol

Really appreciate your help Cluck, thank you :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, Manu's changing daily what we can upload. :p

Although zips were never allowed, AFAIR.

Well I can pack everything I want in a .zip or .rar file. From normal screenshots till maleware or anything else which can hurt our server/website. So every forum which cares a little bit about security (we do a lot, see the https certificate :p) won't allow those file endings. Sorry for being overcarefully but 2 IT guys running this show, this had to happen :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
USB ports can be pretty weird and do weird stuff. My pc has four front side ports, all of them 3.0. Three of them are fine, but if I connect my wheel to the fourth one, it gets recognized as Logitech driving force wheel, no matter what I do... So I just avoid that port like the plaque - to prevent accidental use, I've covered it with duct tape. :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Iv had issues with my wheel in usb2.0 ports even tho its a dfgt and it should be in usb2.0 it works better in a usb3.0 it kept turning off randomly then i put it in 3.0 and no issues...
I know that dont help your issue lol but i thought id share that useless bit of info...

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It's still crashing, but not as often, just hope it doesn't do it in a race or at the end of qualifying.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm in the market for a new PSU. The fan on the old one (A Corsair) died. I was wondering whether those in the IT industry have a preferred manufacturer, or have an opinion on anything I should avoid like the plague?

According to this calculator, I shouldn't need more than 500W. I have around £50 to throw at it. Modular would be a plus, but I'm not too fussy. I'm primarily looking for reliability.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reliability I would recommend be quiet!. I am very satisfied with mine, switched from a no name to be quiet! and since then I am very happy with it :)

Reactions: Tom

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Iv got an evga 500watt power supply got it off scan.co.uk and its bang on for the money i think off the top of my head it was £50 may be more it may be less lol...its quiet 80+ rating...

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thermaltake for reliability.i have been running a 1000w for over five years with no probloems.also got thermaltake in my other computers.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ask 50 people for an opinion on power supplies and you can expect 50 different answers :D.

For what it's worth, I've had no trouble with the BeQuiet power supplies I've fitted in customer systems. Same goes for the mid-range Fractal Design units. Corsair, well, I've had no end of trouble with the basic ones.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
The unhandled exception error is apparently mainly associated with video driver issues.I need to get a utililit that will totally remove all traces of existing drivers and clean install the latest driver and hopefully this will solve the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread