General PC help/advice (1 Viewer)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
You guys can discuss computer related questions here, doesnt even have to be game-related at all. Can be questions about new parts or weird routing magic stuff :D

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Well Pc decided it had enough yesterday afternoon and it decided to commit harikari by means of electrical metallic barbeque !

Still under warranty so no major financial issue but it does mean it will be a few weeks before Im back in the drivers seat at the back of the grid.

So Ciao for now on the track :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Unlucky man!

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Too bad mate. Hope you make it back for the fabulous 20th Oct 2016 - Czech Grand Prix event.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You weren't trying to copy Mehdi, of Electroboom fame, were you? :p

Hope you get it fixed quickly fella :)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks chaps :) hope to be back asap!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is this you Slowbloke?

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Is this you Slowbloke?

heheh no was doing something much more boring alas.

Jesus that guy is lucky to be alive - that looked painful !

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
my don't boom but have many problems...however.... few guys give few tipps, now i have done an order. Hopefully i get the parts on Wednesday.
6700k CPU + scythe mugen cooling (i like them, good temperature and very very quiet
1070 GPU
170Z asus board
many kingston ram :)
SSD

hope it is enouth for the next 5 years. My current one is about 6 years old expect the gpu change.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
WoW,
no im happy how flowing driving is possible, thats very very nice, constant 60fps with vsync (about 100-120 without) on 2560-1080 with all on max.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone lightworks Guru's / Users here ?

I'm pulling my hair out with this program, I was using shotcut before but it didn't like merging large multiple video inputs, so I thought i'd try lightworks out.

Started so well, looks fairly intuitive, figured out the video overlay functionality fairly simply. However i'm really struggling with trying to get two video streams to line up/sync correctly.

I have a project with two different video inputs (two different camera views) of a race, cockpit and TV and I need to move one of the videos forward/backwards to align correctly with the other, I've had a look at some of the tutorials but i can't for the life of me seem to get the align function to bring them into sync.

Attached is a screenshot of the workflow, hopefully you can see the "in" marks on the video streams and timeline.

It's got to be something simple but i'm missing it, anyone got any ideas ?

Attachments

• lightworks.jpg
    lightworks.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 383

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That looks tricky. I don't use this program (I have an Adobe CC licence from work :D), but I would go about this by using the audio waveforms. I'd find a distinctive transient (crash impact, for example), and line up the two tracks by eyeballing it, and then nudge a clip frame by frame until it's close enough. I've done a little bit of ADR (voice dubbing) in the past, and it is a bitch to get things in sync!

This is where Timecode or session time is a blessing. I'm not sure if iRacing lets you show it in replay, but if you were to capture the same point in time on both clips as a 'pre roll', you'll be able to sync up much more reliably that way, and then cut away parts from both perspectives in sync.

I wish PCars had a competent replay system, I'd love to make more race highlight videos again.

Last edited:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi guys

Maybe someone has an idea for this, can't find an answer googling.

I have an Android Moto G3 phone. Has 4GB internal storage and I've put a 16GB SD card in it.

I have over 400 MB of free space on internal and 12GB on SD card. I am trying to install an app that requires 21MB of space, but when I try this I get a message saying I don't have enough storage.

It comes up with a list of my installed apps and lists Spotify as 1.4GB, but this is counting the amount stored in SD card (1.4GB according to Spotify) not just the app on the internal storage.

Any ideas how to fix this?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I got the same phone, only the little bit bigger brother with 8gb internal (64gb SD) and 2gb RAM. When you put in the SD card into your phone it should ask you if you want to use your SD car as a normal storage or (IIRC) as a "combined storage" or something similar to it. When you choose option 2 it should work again, at least it works for me though. I can move apps freely between SD car and internal card. So I moved all possible apps to the external SD card :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ah cheers I will give that a go. Mine just seems to use only the internal storage for apps.

Should have paid for more internal memory...

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I've started getting crashes in Project Cars with the message below. Any of you gurus tell me what it means please, so I can hopefully get it sorted?

"Unhandled exception trapped. Exception_access_violation at 0x28EF24F2. Reading from address 0x60B90010. Thread 0x00002670.

Build SMASRI.20160512.1235.BLDA000"

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Whenever I see something like that I'm either thinking RAM or Disk drive.......

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can you zip (or rar) the dbgsession folder for the session where it crashed and upload that. There are susually some clues in there. First guess would be to tone down the overclocking.

Users who are viewing this thread