iRacing 24h Nürburgring - 22nd April 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Have a look at this video by 'Emtpy Box' and see where his braking points are:

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
this we use one team race in nordschleife. and yorkie you setup is very wrong tyre pressures.

Attachments

• Evan_Maillard q okayama v3.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
^^thanks @F1-Masa , will give it a do

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
and lowest tyre pressures what you can change now is best.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
So, been going round the Nord in the Porsche this afternoon and I just can't get consistent with my braking points, I start going well then I go into a trance and think i'm in a GT3 car. I'm using @Yorkie_065 setup at the moment, but what tyre temps range should the tyres be working in? Also, what would be a decent realistic time to aim for?

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Just did some laps in Porsche. I'm using F1-MASA setup given above, just changed to less camber. I managed to get to 8:37. And yeah, tyre temps is something that confuses me. After 50ltr of used fuel i get:
LF 75 89 94 RF 96 92 71
LR 79 102 104 RR 102 100 80
That is Celsius. Is that normal or too hot? Second lap i start to feel that my rear is sliding much more than out of pits.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just did some laps in Porsche. I'm using F1-MASA setup given above, just changed to less camber. I managed to get to 8:37. And yeah, tyre temps is something that confuses me. After 50ltr of used fuel i get:
LF 75 89 94 RF 96 92 71
LR 79 102 104 RR 102 100 80
That is Celsius. Is that normal or too hot? Second lap i start to feel that my rear is sliding much more than out of pits.

Do not bother too much about temps in iRacing.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
The bloody thing is bouncing around all over the place, really difficult to position the car where you want it, hair raising fun though.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So what cars are you guys interested? In all fairness, the Porsrche is a damn biest... I really think the Audi could be the "easier" choice. Anyone interested in the mazdas?

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I took the 911 out for the first time proper last night and also the R8. I've never driven the track before so lots of learning to be done there.

After a quick 30 mins of testing I'm no closer to getting the 911 around 1 lap without placing it in the barrier, but the R8 didn't kick my ass as much.

Lots more practice to do at the moment I'd be worried about lasting the distance in the 911, but it's early days. The Mazda could be fun but I'm sure in 24hrs of raicing I would mis-shift on the gearbox and blow the engine :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I took the 911 out for the first time proper last night and also the R8. I've never driven the track before so lots of learning to be done there.

After a quick 30 mins of testing I'm no closer to getting the 911 around 1 lap without placing it in the barrier, but the R8 didn't kick my ass as much.

Lots more practice to do at the moment I'd be worried about lasting the distance in the 911, but it's early days. The Mazda could be fun but I'm sure in 24hrs of raicing I would mis-shift on the gearbox and blow the engine :(

Had the same experience although I have to say, the Porsche is really really fun to drive! I agree with you, more testing needs to be done but I do favor at the moment the Audi over the Porsche.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Mazda my Arse!! :p

I'm happy with either the 911 or the Audi, but I think the Audi will be the better and safer choice for the Nord. So start practicing the Audi @Bassetts :D

The only way to learn the Nord is to watch videos and go round and round and round and round . . . . . . . . . I seem to vaguely remember @Yorkie_065 did a 'How to drive the Nord', but I might be wrong.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
I had bad experience this weekend with Nord. But that was because i'm lack of experience on this track, car and i need to manage myself in stressful situations... Overall, Porsche is so much fun and enjoyment to ride through Nordsleife, so i'm all for it.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Same experience as Stolnikas, personally I do not like the Porsche one bit, it just kicks me in the butt every time just when I think I got a handle on it, whereas the Audi is far easier and "safer", at least I can get around the Nords without thinking when am I going to crash. The biggest challenge for me is to get to know the circuit properly as that is the biggest time eater for me.
Mazda & 24hrs you gotta be kidding me with GT3's and Porsches in the mix, just like 2Scoops said Mazda my Arse!! :p I would rather have the Porsche kick my arse :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY is it possible for you to upload the Audi setup you used for last years event please, to give me some base settings to work from. Obviously the tyre pressures will have to come down a bit.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
So finally got around to trying the Porsche. All I can say is thank god myself and @t0daY didn't run the first round of the VLN lol. I probably would have maybe lasted a couple of corners before binning it. Been practicing at the other mountain....Mount Panorama. Took me an hour or so to really figure out the car. Sadly I'm still about 3s off the VRS lap time which is good. If I can get it around 1-2s I'll be happy. The car is so much fun to drive. One wrong move and it will penalize you hard. Reminds me a lot of the C-Spec which I loved. Definitely will be driving this car a lot more. Still feels a little weird getting used to how this car brakes but getting better at it.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
i watched Matt Malones last couple of Porsche races and it made me feel a little better about my own performance!! When someone that is on iRacing that much struggles with a car that much it must be tricky. :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
So finally got around to trying the Porsche. All I can say is thank god myself and @t0daY didn't run the first round of the VLN lol. I probably would have maybe lasted a couple of corners before binning it. Been practicing at the other mountain....Mount Panorama. Took me an hour or so to really figure out the car. Sadly I'm still about 3s off the VRS lap time which is good. If I can get it around 1-2s I'll be happy. The car is so much fun to drive. One wrong move and it will penalize you hard. Reminds me a lot of the C-Spec which I loved. Definitely will be driving this car a lot more. Still feels a little weird getting used to how this car brakes but getting better at it.

The problem is, of course, that the majority of drivers can't handle the thing, so in all races i've seen theres a crash fest.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
The problem is, of course, that the majority of drivers can't handle the thing, so in all races i've seen theres a crash fest.
I don't think that majority can't handle "the thing". There's much more factors in this game than only "the thing". I'd say, that majority can't cope with stress that they feel during official races and after that comes the mistakes. Sometimes you can say to yourself, i will drive first lap slower, i won't try to overtake anyone. But there is always someone who tries to win on first lap (atleast in my iRating zone) and if you start going "safer", he pushes you out of track or at least tries to overtake on every corner putting me and himself to danger. That stresses me even more, because i start looking at mirrors and then i can miss a braking point or brake too early which makes him punch me from behind... And so on and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread