iRacing 24h Nürburgring - 22nd April 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok got Nordschleife and Nurburgring with the Porsche, damn iRacing is making me broke. Anyhow tried the Porsche at the green hell and it was hell did not even complete a lap without an incident, and getting grips with the brakes oh damn I think 4 weeks would not even be enough more like need at least 8 :eek: Lets not even get into how bumpy the track is, I felt hung over after that stint.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's going to be a grind learning the track. I think @t0daY and @falcon2081 have the right idea in doing the VLN series as they'll get to know the track really well and know where to battle and where not to.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's going to be a grind learning the track. I think @t0daY and @falcon2081 have the right idea in doing the VLN series as they'll get to know the track really well and know where to battle and where not to.
Also @t0daY knows this track like the back of his hand.

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
if you are german you is always 2sec faster in nordschleife.

And track is very easy now in gt3.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Yo @F1-Masa, you got a Porsche Setup from Nicki seeing as he raced them IRL?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@ramiboo There should be a Porsche setup already for this track on the forum.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is actually not much you can change anyway^^

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I hear the cambers are something to change from default. I'll look on the Setup Thread

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Purchased Porsche and tracks, will give it a try this evening :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm using the VRS setup they did a while ago when the Porsche was first released, feels stable.

It's getting used to how early you have to brake that's the problem at the moment.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm using the VRS setup they did a while ago when the Porsche was first released, feels stable.

It's getting used to how early you have to brake that's the problem at the moment.
I've been locking up a bit here and there but not been having a problem with where I'm braking. It seems that after a a lap of the Nord it all of a sudden has a load more rear brakes. I think it's the long straights cooling the brakes down and when you arrive at the GP circuit and brake for the first hairpin corner the rear just wants to come round. Going to do a few more laps tonight in the official practice sessions.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Have I done something wrong or are you just angry oh at the 24hr please go party the night before so then you will win again:p:):woot:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Have I done something wrong or are you just angry oh at the 24hr please go party the night before so then you will win again:p:):woot:

I am now confused^^ I have driven 0 laps with the Porsche around Nürburgring, I can't give you any laptimes sorry mate

#nohate :D

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I am now confused^^ I have driven 0 laps with the Porsche around Nürburgring, I can't give you any laptimes sorry mate

#nohate :D
None taken the time stamp meaning what time Ramiboo was going to be online tonight

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
This was the Setup I had when the Porsche was at Nords last season. Might be of use?

Attachments

• Nords-Base-50ltr.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 324

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry @Alex du Plessis I didn't quite understand what you said either. I thought you meant lap time. I was on about 21:00 - 23:00 last night. Had some success but very hard to not get a 1x during the course of the lap and still be quick. My Optimal lap was sitting at 8:32 but that was quite a way off anything good unfortunately. It's going to be a grind to get consistent with that car. Looking forward to @t0daY and @falcon2081 giving it a go for some feedback. (I wonder if GT3's will be a safer option....)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I HATE THE PORSCHE enuff said, I am having so much difficulties with getting this car around the green hell without crashing. Well, it is not that I hate it but more like I hate having to drive it because it is so difficult for me that is. Getting to grips with the brakes being the culprit. Took the Audi out on the same track and I was able to go around with off tracks here and there (setup) but was far more in control of the car and it is a hell of a lot less violent compared to the Porsche. Meaning the car bounces quite heavily and that is quite distracting sitting in a static environment. Overall the car feels quite skittish but in a nice way and if you can get the braking right it is rewarding however it is getting the braking right that is getting me down now.

Users who are viewing this thread