iRacing 24h Le Mans - 10th June 2017 | 13:00 GMT (2 Viewers)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are we going to have a meeting or something soon? I'm getting pretty excited about this one, but also bit concerned we haven't got cars or lineups sorted yet.

I did a few laps with the HPD yesterday, and I reeeally don't like it. I don't enjoy high DF cars that much generally, but that felt far too alien to even give a second try. I wouldn't feel comfortable lapping slower classes, especially with a limited amount of practice before the main event.

Shame the new GTE cars are not out yet, we're only going to get a few days to get used to them.

Let's meet up tonight then!

Reactions: Tom

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
le mans no need practice because track is only straights.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I think as far as lineups go. I'll be around today. Need to do a high sof race for IMSA to completely lock the division 2 championship. :)

HPD - Manu, Yorkie, Beasor, ?

GTE - Corbs, Gxbbs, Battenberg, ?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
HPD - Manu, Yorkie, Beasor
GTE - Bassetts, Battenberg, Oki

Thats my latest understanding :p Not sure if @2scoops is able to race duo his hardware issues?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, gutted as I love Le Mans. I'm away for the weekend. Hardware issues are now fixed though so looking forward to getting back in the seat.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Aww I'll miss you 2scoops we both poped our endurance cherrys together and have been doing the dirty together every endurance race since lol (it's probably the bottle of red that said that ;) )

I'm happy to pick up both GTE cars and see which works for everyone else, I'm better in the HPD ( in layman's terms I don't crash it into a wall as much as the GT1 Aston) but the GTE's are a new chapter, so I will find new methods to excel in mediocrity.

Also almost pressed the checkout button on this today, but using all my strength to resist. Will have to see how many days I can resist for.

https://sim-pli.city/collections/all/products/sw28-28nm-direct-drive-wheel

Last edited:

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I've got to work on Saturday night, so I'm not gonna be able to take part either unfortunately :(

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, gutted as I love Le Mans. I'm away for the weekend. Hardware issues are now fixed though so looking forward to getting back in the seat.

That's a shame, we'll keep your seat in #66 warm for you!

Speaking of your seat, would you be open to sharing your account, if we can find another driver?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Bassetts Just pull the trigger man. Will be well worth it. Also new firmware will be coming out very soon. ;)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just a bit of insight... ISRTV had a go at both GTE cars on LeMans. Now I don't know which car he drove first and his ability to set up cars. But the Ford was 3s faster on his lap(s).

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Aww I'll miss you 2scoops we both poped our endurance cherrys together and have been doing the dirty together every endurance race since lol (it's probably the bottle of red that said that ;) )

I'm gutted, but time of year unfortunately, shame the weekends have clashed with what family had already booked, will miss Spa too as will be on holiday that week :( Will have to get the missus under control to check iRacing dates before booking stuff next year.

That's a shame, we'll keep your seat in #66 warm for you!

Speaking of your seat, would you be open to sharing your account, if we can find another driver?

Sure, as long as it's someone I can trust :)

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
how is the line up for the GTE's? need a driver? :spiderman:

I own Le Mans just need to get the Ferrari.

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
how is the line up for the GTE's? need a driver? :spiderman:
I own Le Mans just need to get the Ferrari.

At the moment we currently have the following confirmed team members for running in the GTE Class.

GTE - Bassetts, Battenberg, Oki

Additionally intrest has been shown as follows.

Stolnikas, GioVtec (Ferrari)

My preference would be to run teams with an optimal of 4 drivers (6 Hour each) but 3 Drivers (8 Hours each) is also probably workable.

On car selection I'm really open here, We have so little data on either car it's hard without driving them to know which will be the more suited to LeMans.

Guys how would you like to handle the car selection, I'm concious of people making purchasing decisions. I'm happy to pick up both but if people are only looking to get one of the cars then we need to know what our selection possibilities are, so if you can reply here and let us know.

Additionally if there are some other people that are 100% able to confirm participation we could consider running two cars, but that would only be if we had 7/8 confirmed GTE drivers.

List Below

Bassetts - Will purchase Ford & Ferrari, unless there is a very strong preference to one of the cars.
Battenberg - Ford & Ferrari
Oki - Ford & Ferrari
Stolnikas - ?? Ferrari ??
GioVtec - Flexible

I will be online this evening doing practice in the new GTE cars, subject to them being purchasable/selectable after around 17:00 UTC (18:00 UK / 19:00 EU) so come and drop by on teamspeak.

Last edited:

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Well, yes, I'll be able to buy one car (for now), however If you guys can find which car is the one to take for the race, then I'll buy whatever is the last choice.:)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I will get both so it is a decision that can made by the rest of you. Either car makes no difference to me

Users who are viewing this thread