iRacing 24h Le Mans - 10th June 2017 | 13:00 GMT (3 Viewers)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Both GTE cars have been confirmed for the race. So will there be enough people to run one GTE car? If so which.

Edit: Templates have been released Here.

3 days without sleep, spamrefreshing the iRacing store :smug:
Yes, do let me know what GTE / GT car people want to run and I'll get started on painting.

Ferrrari.jpg
Ford.jpg

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Being pragmatic, With those cars coming out on the 6th it doesn't really give a lot of time to get accustomed to the car, this weekend is the last weekend for people that work during the week to put in some serious practice, I know everyone is excited about the new cars, but is it really a good idea to go into a 24 Hour race in a car we will be rushing setup and testing of days before the race.

I'd much prefer to have everything firmed up today so we can focus on a collaborative setup over this weekend to put us in a stable position for next week.

I've picked up the Aston alongside the two tracks I needed for BSS/IMSA/Proto next season this morning, so going to run some qucik testing in the GT1 class as i'm still struggling with the HPD for consistency (cutting corners and a variance of +/- 4 secs a lap)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Being pragmatic, With those cars coming out on the 6th it doesn't really give a lot of time to get accustomed to the car, this weekend is the last weekend for people that work during the week to put in some serious practice, I know everyone is excited about the new cars, but is it really a good idea to go into a 24 Hour race in a car we will be rushing setup and testing of days before the race.

I'd much prefer to have everything firmed up today so we can focus on a collaborative setup over this weekend to put us in a stable position for next week.

I've picked up the Aston alongside the two tracks I needed for BSS/IMSA/Proto next season this morning, so going to run some qucik testing in the GT1 class as i'm still struggling with the HPD for consistency (cutting corners and a variance of +/- 4 secs a lap)

Might be worth that you check out Nicki Thiim's newest video on setting up the Aston GT1 for LeMans on YouTube

:shifty: New "soon"joke incoming ... When is the Ford GTE paint done

Mr Beas

Community Member
Reaction score
:O Thought i had put my name down for this but clearly not, hope its not too late to do so.
I'll go with the flow car wise im not too fussed, but man those GTE's look tempting !

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
:O Thought i had put my name down for this but clearly not, hope its not too late to do so.
I'll go with the flow car wise im not too fussed, but man those GTE's look tempting !
It's never too late mate. And I would love to drive the GTE in this event but I'm not around :(

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Bassetts with the cars being confirmed that means no GT1 cars. I get both sides of the argument but everyone will be in the same position with the cars. Some people will be up to speed faster than others but that's just how it is. @Dutchtastic i would just start working on both cars. Remember we have S3 for IMSA so we need to have those liveries done before then. :)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Could we do a roll call and update the original post with those who have confirmed availability ? Not 100% sure who's defiantly avaiable ?

I'm confirmed to race and will drive whatever we need to make up the teams/cars

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm still up for this. I've dry cleaned my @Gxbbs disguise and will be using his account again (cheers again mate!). I'd prefer to go for a GT car (either class), but will settle for P2 if thats the way things shake out.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Yep, actually doing a bit now, might watch the CPL final later

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm still up for this. I've dry cleaned my @Gxbbs disguise and will be using his account again (cheers again mate!). I'd prefer to go for a GT car (either class), but will settle for P2 if thats the way things shake out.
He just want's his safety rating back up again :D:D

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
He just want's his safety rating back up again :D:D
Doesn't take a genius to work out my plan :D
Oh and it's because I'm nice. But now he owes me double :p

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
D class here we come!
I will be sending a bill to you in the post to cover the cost of the things I would have broke when I find out that had happened

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
Might be worth that you check out Nicki Thiim's newest video on setting up the Aston GT1 for LeMans on YouTube

:shifty: New "soon"joke incoming ... When is the Ford GTE paint done
lol nicki get us setup and then show everyone in that video.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
lol nicki get us setup and then show everyone in that video.
Then iRacing helps you by removing GT1 cars from LeMans 24

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are we going to have a meeting or something soon? I'm getting pretty excited about this one, but also bit concerned we haven't got cars or lineups sorted yet.

I did a few laps with the HPD yesterday, and I reeeally don't like it. I don't enjoy high DF cars that much generally, but that felt far too alien to even give a second try. I wouldn't feel comfortable lapping slower classes, especially with a limited amount of practice before the main event.

Shame the new GTE cars are not out yet, we're only going to get a few days to get used to them.

Users who are viewing this thread