Split 1 - R5: Brands Hatch - 26th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Brands Hatch GP.png

Car:
Caterham SP/300.R
Track: Brands Hatch
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 26th June May 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:45 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Laps: 1+34
Ingame Date: 26th June 2017
Ingame Time: 15:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Medium Cloud > Random
Weather Progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@jamesl91
@ramiboo

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That random weather slot is gonna throw a massive spanner into works so to speak. So many various pitstop strategies to create to cover each one! Should be fun :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
The first half will be dry, the random slot won't work so the second half will be dry too, hoorah!!!! :p

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The first half will be dry, the random slot won't work so the second half will be dry too, hoorah!!!! :p

In that case I opt the next season should be a dry and a wet weather slot, just kick out the random :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what times people get with a decent setup. This was one of the circuits on the NVidia Challenger Series last year, where the top guys were doing 1m17 laps on a default setup. Should hopefully see a good chunk of time knocked out of that :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Think I managed a mid 1.18 time last night but the record is a high 1.16

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY please count me out for this race as im on hols.

I have done a bit of practice round this track. only 10laps but managed a 1:18.5 with race fuel. tricky to get setup right as its quite a bumpy track. i was using zolder setup with adjusted gear ratios

Think I managed a mid 1.18 time last night but the record is a high 1.16
yet again fairly equal on pace. 1:16s should be easy

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1m16 and faster should be no trouble at all. I did 1m17.5 on a fully default setup so, lower fuel and a more balanced setup (the default setup requires you to be VERY late on the throttle coming out of corners - trying to accelerate mid-corner will just send you very wide) will take a large chunk of time off that :)

The critical corner, the one you absolutely must get right is Surtees (where the Indy and GP circuits split). Get that wrong and you lose masses of time up the straight. The rest will cost you small amounts of time, here and there but Surtees is the biggy.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1m16 and faster should be no trouble at all. I did 1m17.5 on a fully default setup so, lower fuel and a more balanced setup (the default setup requires you to be VERY late on the throttle coming out of corners - trying to accelerate mid-corner will just send you very wide) will take a large chunk of time off that :)

The critical corner, the one you absolutely must get right is Surtees (where the Indy and GP circuits split). Get that wrong and you lose masses of time up the straight. The rest will cost you small amounts of time, here and there but Surtees is the biggy.
yeh i found Surtees tricky with the bumps at the entry to the corner. but getting it right can find u half a second. Kerbing at end of sector 2 is nasty, you have to avoid those kerbs completely.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

What changes would allow you to get on the throttle earlier ?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What changes would allow you to get on the throttle earlier ?
Well, the setup I posted for how I ran Bathurst would be a good start. Of course, you'll need more wing for Brands than at Bathurst but that gave me really sharp turn in, compared to standard.

However, I haven't run a flying lap in this car at Brands since that round of NCS and certainly not in non-default trim so don't take the previous paragraph as gospel just yet ;)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Random weather slot... :confused:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not sure about what times are possible without the P2P boost but just ran a 1m16.5 lap on race setup (>50% radiator and race fuel). With a quali setup and a better lap (I was a bit sloppy in places), I reckon a 1m15 is there for the taking. Going to give it a whirl in race conditions when the temperature drops a bit,

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Ran a few laps earlier on, started from default but have made a few tweaks, up in the low 18s (no boost) at the moment but there is a lot of time to come off that with setup and just practice, looking forward to this.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to struggle to make this, I've got an appointment at 19:10 for half an hour so I'm pretty sure I'll miss the start. Gutted, Brands is a fav of mine :(

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Work has been all hands on deck recently so haven't been able to do any testing the last week or so having to set up Pixie Lott recently & Little Mix this wednesday coming. If the random slot is anything more than light rain I may retire as I doubt I can keep the concentration levels required to compete. Let you know around 4pm tomorrow how I'm feeling.

Reactions: Tom

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have to say, throwing a random slot into the mix really spices things up. Do you go for a dry setup and gamble that there won't be any rain, a compromised dry/wet setup or a near-wet setup and hope there is rain?! All the drama, all the action, is going to take place when that second slot arrives and, I have to say, it's a genius decision to leave it all to chance like this. Realistic? No, not really. Exciting? Oh yes!

For what it's worth, a 1m15 is definitely doable on a quali setup. I ran a 1m16.2 lap yesterday with a badly messed up entry to Westfield, causing me to run wider than I would hope on the exit, onto that horrible kerb and matting stuff.

Looks like I'm going to struggle to make this, I've got an appointment at 19:10 for half an hour so I'm pretty sure I'll miss the start. Gutted, Brands is a fav of mine :(
Why Ramiboo, WHY? etc etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread