Fanatec CSW v2.5 (1 Viewer)

G

Gopher04

This might be a stupid question, if you have the V3 pedals, do you have to connect via the wheel base, or can you still plug directly into the PC, and if you can which has the bigger benefits if any.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Gopher04 Connect the pedals to the PC. Provides a higher resolution than connecting to the wheelbase.

G

Gopher04

Yeh I new about the higher res connecting to the PC, but wasn't sure if you still had this option if you owned the base as well, so that's good to know..

Is it good to be home dude? hopefully catch up one day..

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Gopher04 Yeah man its great to be back. Enjoying my vacation time even though I'm going to physical therapy for my bad back. That will unfortunately take 6-8 weeks before its back to normal again. Most of the time I'm just relaxing and practicing in iRacing. Going to be building my new setup in a couple of weeks so I can't wait to start ordering everything.

G

Gopher04

Congrats on the upgrade slowbloke :)

Few remarks to your settings. For the implemented pCARS brake rumble you need to set ABS to OFF, in iRacing I use something similar like you. DRI is important.

DRI off is the "draggy" version, where it adds a lot of base drag to the FFB. But in this setting FFB is linear. I prefer DRI 2 where the wheel turns a lot more freely, because the drag is reduced, but this makes FFB non-linear. Your Scoop Knee/Reduction settings belong to DRI = 3 IIRC to correct that nonlinearity :)

Image2.png

I got abit confused Puff what you were saying to slowbloke, but then found this on the Fanatec site, the settings on the V2.5 are slightly different to V2, if I ran dri 2 on the V2.5 it's pulling the wheel to much because it's to far into drift side of things, where as I prefer -2, I do find this wheel quite confusing though, Fanatec say -5 is better for less oscillation but -5 applies more resistance, alot of people are saying it's ultra smooth, not convinced on that one, yes there are more effects coming through the wheel, but I would say it's not any smoother than my T500, also I think you hear more of the effects coming through the shaft than the T500, but some of that might be because the case sizes are so different, and because of the way the rims get attached, ie big screw on nut plastic to plastic, against real quick release metal on metal.
I do like the BMW GT2 rim, the Formula rim to me is a tad to small, Thrustmasters one was a much better size, it's nice to have rotating paddles for a change, but at first they kept me busy, trying to find the paddles whilst driving, I had got so use to static ones I kept missing my gear change.

By the way are any of you using the secure screw on the wheel once you attached it to the base? I know it's more towards V2 and below to stop a rattle, which they say has been cured on the V2.5, but was just wondering, sort of defeats the quick release.

Last edited by a moderator:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
G

Gopher04

By the way if anyone is interested in a slightly cheaper once used not quite 2 month old Formula black give me a shout, I'm never going to use it, I find it way to small, and the paddles for me are in a horrible position, it was 229 euro's new or roughly £201.

Last edited by a moderator:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Even with adjusting the paddles?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
You should just upgrade them. Get some carbon fiber paddles with the magnetic switch. :p

G

Gopher04

Had this really high pitched noise lately coming from the base, I have spoke to Fanatec and they have come back saying

"After showing it to my supervisor he´s reporting that the sound you hear comes from the motor. Actually the motor driver generates some high pitched noise when operating. He said that that´s caused by the PWM which controls the motor and what you hear is perfectly normal."

Don't know if any of you guys have it as well, check out the vid at let me know, trust me when your in the room without a headset on it's like having tinnitus.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I've got a V2 and I can't say that I hear a high frequency noise like that. Coil Whine is a thing unfortunately and some people have it worse than others. I think of it like when 2 people sing at the same note and you get that resonance happening, Almost like it's too much in tune. Maybe if you just say it's not acceptable and is giving you a headache every time you use the wheel, please can they swap it and hopefully another unit will not have it as bad or at all.

G

Gopher04

Had a couple of reply's elsewhere, they don't suffer from it as well on the 2.5, the thing is if I have a break from being on track I have to turn the wheel of as it's so annoying whilst trying to do something else.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Not normal. Request an RMA. I just got my V2 back after waiting a month. At least they upgraded it to a 2.5. I've since stored it in the garage as I don't need it anymore.

G

Gopher04

Well waiting to here back, they say they have stress tested a few there and have had similar results, so they say it's normal, but will see what they say, also I don't want to send back and be without, so I will push for replacement to be sent and collection done at the same time.

@falcon2081 so your storing the 2.5 and using your V2? or have you been shopping again.;)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Gopher04 Na, They upgraded my V2 internal components to a 2.5. The V2's have a design flaw which is why they tend to explode like mine did both times. No more fanatec for me. I have a Big MiGe OSW. ;)

G

Gopher04

Nice, I was surprised at the price of those, still your V2 hybrid might be worth something later..

Users who are viewing this thread