Fanatec CSW v2.5 (1 Viewer)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Woops...

upload_2017-3-3_9-10-20.png

It might seem like an impulse buy.... but Ive been holding off upgrading to the Thrustmaster TS-PC because I felt the CSW v2 was around a fair bit and hoped Fanatec would release an update in the next year.

I know they will be going for a DD wheel and it may / may not be the solution for me as I'm sitting at my desk - but when I woke up this morning and saw they released an updated CSW.... well it took me all of 20 mins to decide.

2 years ago I would have laughed at anyone suggesting spending this kind of money on a game accessory... RSR... what have you done to me ?!?

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Of all that stuff on the list only 19% VAT poke my eyes :D

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
19% is the standard across Europe I think. The Mericans have a good deal I think. I'm going to Florida later this year so I may get something Via @falcon2081 (shh haven't asked him yet) to see if I can get a better price and bring it back. :D

G

Gopher04

Hey if your going to Flori, just get the alien to treat you, he's loaded now.

Have to admit I saw the 2.5 this morning, and was really tempted, only problem is the last moth vacated my wallet.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Just saw this as well. This is really going to hurt my V2 re-sale value. Blah.:mad:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Just saw this as well. This is really going to hurt my V2 re-sale value. Blah.:mad:
That is the most annoying thing about buying tech... 2 years down the road and its almost worthless.....

Got 2 tablets lying around that shops would not even offer me 5 pounds for... let alone all the graphics cards etc.....

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to ask them if they do an upgrade. Wanted to send the base in for a small revision for a while now anyway.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat I doubt it. Knowing them they will be like its all new internals and they won't fit in your old v2 base lol. I mean its only 1nm more compared to the V2.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What does that mean like a service?
On my v1 there was something borked, send it in and asked them to just have a look if everything is alright. On my v2 the fan is rattling... not sure if they would just do "a service"

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
When my V2 went back because the pedals wouldn't work directly attached they sent it back with Beta Firmware and said don't put normal firmware on it as they'd changed some internals that only work on the Beta firmware. They are a law to themselves. :D

I'm not too bothered about the 2.5 being released, but I'm pissed about the price drop! I assume now that the DD is going to fill the €800 spot, so all us mugs upgrade! :mad:

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
This is the nature of progress.

If you want turn key then this is the way the cookie crumbles.

I'm still on the fence if I wait for a fanatec DD or just go the SimUCube route and fit the Leobodnar adapters to the wheels. A SimUCube is probably a bit more modular than turn key but your on your own when it comes to support.

Will be interesting to see a comparison review between the V2 and the V2.5.

My v2 is about 15 months old but hell must have 10,000 laps plus on it by now and apart from a few minor issue going strong, the only minor is the effect to resale value, will probably just pass this down to the kids when the next upgrade happens.

But good to see improvements keeps competition healthy which results in improvement for us as customer as the arms race progresses :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Bassetts Go SimuCube. That thing will last you for a long long time. iRacing has the resident experts when it comes to Simucube issues. Top three are Jason, Brion, Beano. I've seen those guys trouble shoot and find the hard problems. For the most part though the issues I've seen have been all settings related. You also have Joe Sullivan and Tomo too who can help in case something happens. I just want Granity to release the new firmware already. I already have a teamviewer with Brion scheduled when I get the Big Mige and hes going to help me and explain all the settings and set it up for me.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Well holy bejesus !! This thing is a monster compared to the T300 !

Im shocked at just how much power and fidelity there is in the FFB. I was expecting better but not by such a margin.

Ive used settings from the Jack Spades post from the main forums using currently files 6 bumps plus although I dont think accenting the bumps is really needed with the CSW... would really appreciate CSW v2 owners give the below a read through and suggest any changes they find they prefer (and which Jack Spades files they recommend) ?

Although Ive not played much the main thing Im missing a bit with this setup is rear traction loss.

Im already tempted to drop the Steering Gain as its quite physical after a few laps - so after an hour plus I reckon it would be pretty tiring.

CSW v2 internal settings
SEn aut, FF 100, SHo off, AbS 65, LIn off, dEA off, drI off, For 100, SPr 50, dPr off

Calibrate Force Feedback
Tire Force 75
Per Wheel Movement 0
Per Wheel Movement Squared 0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range 0.05
Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.02
Linkage Scale 0
Linkage Stiffness 1
Linkage Damping 1
Relative Adjust Gain 150
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.1
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.85
Scoop Knee 0.86
Scoop Reduction 0.28
Soft Clipping (Half Input) 0
Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0
Menu Spring Strength 0.4
Low Speed Spring Coefficient 1
Low Speed Spring Saturation 0.35
Steering Gain 145

Configuration
Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 50
Throttle Deadzone 7
Throttle Sensitivity 50
Brake Deadzone 7
Brake Sensitivity 50
Clutch Deadzone 7
Clutch Sensitivity 50
Speed Senstivity 0
Controller Filtering Sensitivity 0
Damper Saturation 0
Force Feedback 100
RPM/Gear Display Yes
Controller Input Mode
Advanced 3
Soft Steering Dampening Off
Visual Wheel Filtering On
Opposite Lock Help On

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ive used settings from the Jack Spades post from the main forums using currently files 6 bumps plus although I dont think accenting the bumps is really needed with the CSW... would really appreciate CSW v2 owners give the below a read through and suggest any changes they find they prefer (and which Jack Spades files they recommend) ?

CSW v2 internal settings
SEn aut, FF 100, SHo off, AbS 65, LIn off, dEA off, drI off, For 100, SPr 50, dPr off

Calibrate Force Feedback
Scoop Knee 0.86
Scoop Reduction 0.28

Congrats on the upgrade slowbloke :)

Few remarks to your settings. For the implemented pCARS brake rumble you need to set ABS to OFF, in iRacing I use something similar like you. DRI is important.

DRI off is the "draggy" version, where it adds a lot of base drag to the FFB. But in this setting FFB is linear. I prefer DRI 2 where the wheel turns a lot more freely, because the drag is reduced, but this makes FFB non-linear. Your Scoop Knee/Reduction settings belong to DRI = 3 IIRC to correct that nonlinearity :)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks Puff - very happy with it and thank you for the tips :)

G

Gopher04

Was looking at one today, is there such a thing as a profiler? and can you change the wheel rotation on the fly? I don't want to use 900° for all cars..

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes and yes :)

You have a setup tool and you can change the settings on the wheel itself on the fly. Wheel rotation is one of those. Set it to auto and it takes the correct ratio for each car automatically.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Was looking at one today, is there such a thing as a profiler? and can you change the wheel rotation on the fly? I don't want to use 900° for all cars..
Puffs already answered that you just set it to auto and your good to go but I just thought Id add the ability to set FFB on the fly is really really nice. Im pretty much set up to have 5 levels of FFB rather than a profile per game - then when I get in a car rather than have to fiddle with Jack Spades files to increase levels per car I can just select a profile that feels the best.

Users who are viewing this thread