iRacing Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I will be, I want to get a BSS race tucked away first then I can move on to IMSA.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Drove the Ferrari for the first time at Suzuka yesterday, only doing 1.58's at the moment, but I like it a lot. A bit of practice to get used to the non ABS braking style and I should be able to bring that down eventually.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Down to mid 57's, at least it's still going in the right direction, i'm still plugging away :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We have decided to postpone the Watkins Glen 6-hour race that was scheduled for June 24 & 25. As many of you know we experienced an issue during the 24 hours of Le Mans last week and we have been hard at work trying to determine the cause and get a fix out. The good news is we believe have found the issue – it is related to the track, not the race servers. We have not implemented and tested a fix yet. In the interest of being overly cautious we are going to postpone all big events until we have the fix implemented.

We plan to reschedule the Watkins Glen event sometime later this year.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

-Kevin Bobbitt, Staff

At least they are on it now :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I know there is nothing you can do about it, but i'm sick and tired of being penalised for being hit by someone else and then carrying aero damage the whole race and then losing iRating too. This day and age there must be a way of recognising whose at fault it is in the majority of cases.

I've stopped caring about iRating now and trying to get it above 2000 because everytime some arsehole causes me to lose points. I'm just going to race hard and so what if it stays below 2000.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I know there is nothing you can do about it, but i'm sick and tired of being penalised for being hit by someone else and then carrying aero damage the whole race and then losing iRating too. This day and age there must be a way of recognising whose at fault it is in the majority of cases.

I've stopped caring about iRating now and trying to get it above 2000 because everytime some arsehole causes me to lose points. I'm just going to race hard and so what if it stays below 2000.

What series are you racing in 2scoops?

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
BSS and will be starting IMSA maybe tomorrow or Monday day. I know my 1900 rating puts me with knobs, but you give them loads of room because you can see what they are going to try and they still hit you.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
BSS and will be starting IMSA maybe tomorrow or Monday day. I know my 1900 rating puts me with knobs, but you give them loads of room because you can see what they are going to try and they still hit you.
Im at risk of going down to c license because people think its normal to go for a gap that's not there in lap one :mad:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I must be picking my races or be at the right time and place to avoid these issues. But in the past 5 races I have not had many issues besides small 0x contacts. I've only been doing IMSA in the cars without ABS (GTE).

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tell me about it. I drive nervously when cars are around because I know they are likely to do something stupid. Not anymore, i'm going to be going for it all the time so they better watch out now, i'm taking control, so if things go wrong I will be to blame, I can live with that.

I'm sure it's not a series issue, your higher irating probably helps.I end up in the middle or bottom splits, if I can avoid incidents and increase my irating I can move on.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A bit more agressive approach does work, untill you meet a salty Iberian / French driver and you ruin half the field because all 3 of you are gunning for the same overtake in the same corner :D
I had one race like that, it was awesome :jimlad:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
The 1800-2000 mark is so painful, I remember having a good few rants on here bouncing around that range, keep at it.

IMSA has been surprising for me this week, I expected more carnage from the non ABS cars but I've managed to avoid it some how.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello Mr Consistancy!

Finished 2nd behind Giannis (4.5k iR) Was almost able to do a no-pitsstop race. Unfortunatly I required 2 laps of fuel extra and going up in fuelsave mode would have killed the pace. But hey, look at those times :woot: so consistant. Even traffic didn't slow me down that much. Too bad there was a Mikkel Mac who decided to defend his 14th position, being 10 laps down, which lead to car contact.
Consistancy.png

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
This just sums up my iRacing for the last 3 weeks, it won't be long before i'm a B licence again at this rate.

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This just sums up my iRacing for the last 3 weeks, it won't be long before i'm a B licence again at this rate.

Wrong place, wrong time. GT3 is crash palace and especially watkins with it's super unstable setups makes people spin and give up. @Gxbbs and you appear to be in the same boat

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Me as well, my irating and safety rating are tumbling down at the moment.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I don't think GT3 is any different to anywhere else, the IMSA race last week was a crash fest as well, I just didn't get caught up in any of it, which makes a change at the moment.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Chin up guys keep going, the early morning races at weekend seem less drama filled, I frequently do these. Typically there is only one split, but drama seems to be less. The people are quite plesent and chatty with a good mix of us/eu and ausies.

If you can manage the 07:45 start check it out sometime :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I bought and tried practising with the Porsche and Ferrari last weekend, but definitely wasn't ready to race with them. So in the end did 4 races with the Skippy at Road Atlanta, great fun, close and clean as always. Only had one 4x that was my own silly fault in the 4 races.

Got a bit of time today so going to try racing something, there's Skippy at Lime Rock or IMSA/GT3 at Watkins to choose from. I think Porsche at Bathurst is a recipe for disaster! Anybody fancy joining a practice session together?

Users who are viewing this thread