Project CARS 2 8th Jul 2018 - Knights of the old Mulsanne (1 Viewer)

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: sp1kegew
Class: GT
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: Alex Salmon
Class:
Prototype

Well...Congratulations on winning the race... ::D

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i am dropping out of this one, i have an exam early in the morning the following day, adding to that i probably won't have the time to practice for this race

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just as a comparison: Yesterday I was in a GTE car doing 290 getting past by LMP1 cars doing 330 and I was shitting my pants sometimes. On sunday I will be driving a GT car doing ~250 getting past by prototypes doing over 360. :nailbiting:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Just as a comparison: Yesterday I was in a GTE car doing 290 getting past by LMP1 cars doing 330 and I was shitting my pants sometimes. On sunday I will be driving a GT car doing ~250 getting past by prototypes doing over 360. :nailbiting:

Amazon has you covered then ;) :p
upload_2018-7-2_14-27-55.png

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Anybody up for some practice race? Maybe 5 + half_of_145mins?

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Prototype looks like Area 51: full of aliens. So i'm expecting to be running back of the field.

Just because i want to dream big, and the Ferrari sucked at 1971 Le Mans while the Porsche dominated, i decided to go with the Ferrari even if it's probably a tad slower.

Looking forward to Sunday race as yesterday's was already awesome.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Prototype looks like Area 51: full of aliens. So i'm expecting to be running back of the field.

Just because i want to dream big, and the Ferrari sucked at 1971 Le Mans while the Porsche dominated, i decided to go with the Ferrari even if it's probably a tad slower.

I'm planning on driving with manual clutch, I don't care about the result I'm there for the experience <3

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think the Ferrari is actually a bit quicker in TT, Porsche dominated '71 because Ferrari didnt start any factory team.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score

Yeah, there are more aliens than in Rings Of Saturn music video.
Don't worry, I'll be there somewhere at the back, trying to be faster than GT cars.

I'm planning on driving with manual clutch, I don't care about the result I'm there for the experience <3
Is someone driving with auto-clutch? :eek:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
well, you're missing a lot of fun with these cars. How does it even work? No rev matching?
Nope. I just pull the lever on my wheel. Done. It might not be authentic or fun, but I gets the gear changed. And I don't see myself spending 260 € for a Fanatec H-Shifter in the near future.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Nope. I just pull the lever on my wheel. Done. It might not be authentic or fun, but I gets the gear changed. And I don't see myself spending 260 € for a Fanatec H-Shifter in the near future.
TH8A?

Nope. I just pull the lever on my wheel
Well that's just weird. You can't even drive those cars without heel-toe shifting.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
TH8A?

Well that's just weird. You can't even drive those cars without heel-toe shifting.
With auto clutch the game releases the clutch slowly so you don't lock the rear axle that much but you still need to be careful. You are also much slower because you can switch gear quicker with manual clutch

I have an old fanatec porsche shifter and it is terrible. Well I technically got it for free as the guy whom I bought the wheel to didn't know how to calibrate it and tought it was broken so he gave me a discount

Last edited:

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Erikhfp

kaleeb42

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: kaleeb42
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

Question: if I try the Prototypes and like them can I switch? Assuming there is still space for Prototype sign ups.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: kobusnell

Users who are viewing this thread