Project CARS 2 8th Jul 2018 - Knights of the old Mulsanne (2 Viewers)

w0rthy

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: w0rthy
Class: Prototype
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Invincible
Class: GT
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

@t0daY : Get out of the GT class, you're too fast for it :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Invincible
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

@t0daY : Get out of the GT class, you're too fast for it :p

I am desperate for a victory :p

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: Eugene Gajkin

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: ProjectPD
Do you intend to attend and complete the race?Yes

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Jussi_SMS

Just out of interest, would it be possible for me to use a "garage 56" entry in the form of the Nissan Fairlady Z? Testing it out quickly I'm about equally fast in both it and the 911 RSR with the same level of tweaking (gears, cooling, tyre pressure), if anything slightly slower in the Nissan, so I don't think it'd unbalance the field, and I don't mind being left out of the official scoring, I just really like the little Nissan. =)

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Jussi_SMS

Just out of interest, would it be possible for me to use a "garage 56" entry in the form of the Nissan Fairlady Z? Testing it out quickly I'm about equally fast in both it and the 911 RSR with the same level of tweaking (gears, cooling, tyre pressure), if anything slightly slower in the Nissan, so I don't think it'd unbalance the field, and I don't mind being left out of the official scoring, I just really like the little Nissan. =)

No, I don't think that car has working headlights, it would be an issue at night! It would also spoil the little Porsche vs Ferrari theme we have going on.

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's right. I remembered it was just the 280 that suffered from that but the little Fairlady is blind as well. Fair enough, I'll see you there in the Porker. =)

Remember to pump up your tyres everyone, hehe. =)

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
for the sake of realism, do we go without speed limits in the pits as back then there were no speed limits in pit lane :D
Are you sure? I think they introduced pit speed limits the year they added the pit wall. Not sure tho. I actually did some research for this event because I was wondering if they still did the Le Mans style start in '71. It was the first year they did a rolling start.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? I think they introduced pit speed limits the year they added the pit wall. Not sure tho. I actually did some research for this event because I was wondering if they still did the Le Mans style start in '71. It was the first year they did a rolling start.
Yep, 1970 was the first year they didn't do "Le Mans style" start with running to the car, but used standing start with drivers already strapped in.
Here is a nice highlights video from '71 https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/video/main-gallery/24-hours-of-le-mans-1971-110208/

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
An original le Mans sprint-to-the-car start would be interesting... *Adds to fun night spinwheel*
All drivers start in the kitchen and must run to their setup :p Might be a slight disadvange for VR users haha

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
All drivers start in the kitchen and must run to their setup :p Might be a slight disadvange for VR users haha
Good luck to the guys having their cave in the garage or in the basement :D

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are you sure? I think they introduced pit speed limits the year they added the pit wall.
i have to admit also dont know for sure, as i am not so much of a Le Mans freak, but i know that a lot of other series didnt have pit speed limits until the 80s

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Alex Salmon

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Already got a punch mark in my wall from Gorn, may as well add a face sized dent too from running into it :D

Also no pit speed limits would be awesome, I can also confirm that I have been informed by my Dad (Gear-head the Grey) that pit speeds didn't exist in the early 70s. And he would know, that was back when his memory was at its best just after his 200th birthday ;)

Users who are viewing this thread