Split 2 - R3: Zolder - 5th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyPanda

Community Member
Reaction score
The internet or lack of caused me to retire early, look forward to the next one.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm just happy I didn't wrench my steering wheel off its mounting and shove it through my sodding monitor.

It's been one of those days.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Fun race, sorry to hear that @Dutchtastic I was looking forward to the remaining laps. All apart from one error behind @steveg200 I managed to keep it pointing the right way for the whole race which is my biggest achievement.

Bring on Bathurst!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok much better race much more clean than the other 2 races..
a few things id like to say tho
cars that are being lapped please don't make it so difficult for lapping car to pass.
people really need to stop dive bombing and if its not a dive bomb then please brake earlier
also track rejoins again please be careful(this is told on induction if you spin crash etc then please call it and if your off track then check if its safe to rejoin)
apart from all that really good racing...

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
also track rejoins again please be careful(this is told on induction if you spin crash etc then please call it and if your off track then check if its safe to rejoin)

Says he who bumped me after/during a rejoin ;-) YOU GAVE ME 1 AERO DAMAGE! :p

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have to say I am very disappointed in that race, it started well i thought, had a good run with @Stormin then lap 9, from the 1st chicane right through to the hairpin, side by side in the wet without a bump between us, i got in front for the hairpin and turn in, next thing i know is hit straight in the side and pushed into the wall, race over after 9 laps. (not by @Stormin may i add here)

Its not the first race this kind of dive bombing has happened and its getting pretty reckless now. I hope by the next race those that drive this way improve so that we can all enjoy the last half of the season.
Needless to say if it happens in next race that is me out.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reactions: Tom

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Says he who bumped me after/during a rejoin ;-) YOU GAVE ME 1 AERO DAMAGE! :p
Lol i apologised.. But in all honestly i wouldnt of been there if i didnt get bumped off myself lol.. But hey ho no harm done you still won lol..

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a hard race with the rain and the fog. I couldn't find the right handling between slow and smooth and just slow ;) and was way behind a good pace. But still it was challenging and fun!
I tried to follow the blue flag (I realized first yesterday that only the red dot on the map is in the same lap as me :D) so it should be easier to let the faster guys pass next races. Sorry for holding some back, I tried mostly to let you pass after the turns. It would be a lot easier if I could drive faster :p.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
My first official race with Oculus Rift :stig: ... hm maybe this smiley doesn't describes best my driving, maybe this one is better :jawdrop:

This is one of my favorite circuits, when I saw it calendar a smile came up. I practiced a bit and I was very satisfied with times I make and setup I created and everything was ready for the race, but............ friday (or thursday - I'm not sure) weather slots showed up and I was like..... meh...... From thursday to sunday afternoon I was not home so all setup and practicing for new conditions I did yesterday during launch break at work (yes I work 2 minutes walking from home) in 30 minutes, but that wasn't enough for me at all. So all in all, I am ok with 9th place. Eyes are now turned to Bathurst and I know there will be no rain because it's Australia :p

Race started very well, no chrashes, no pushes... And then I find myself behind @SlowBloke . It was very hard to overtake and specially he was way faster in straights. BTW nice battle mate untill I make mistake at hairpin, entered too fast and just understeer out of track. After that I was behind Baggaley struggling to overtake him and when I did I was again behind SlowBloke trying to decrese 5 sec gap, and in that I accelerated to fast over curb after hairpin and spinned into wall. Fortunately I could pit just after 300m :) so I didn't lose much time.
Again, after pits and few laps of riding all alone, SlowBloke resurrected in front of me :D Again very good battles but I just could't hold position in straights, I was that slower. And then again same curb showed his teeth and send me to the wall :/
After that, aero and some other damage did their job and I tried just to finish the race. So I am satisfied with 9th place.

See you in Bathurst!

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
Given the short preparation and the fact the car felt different online than in Free Practice, the result was more then I hoped for. The first half of the race was quite intense and the second half, after the pitstop, was more a struggle with myself and managing gaps in front and behind. Last couple of laps I were mere survival as I had cramp in my under-front-left leg ;) Thanks for another interesting race!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
...and the fact the car felt different online than in Free Practice...

Yes, I also noticed that, more than once. Is anyone know for fact why is that? Obviously there is something about that is different online and offline? Why?

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow - Was pretty intense trying to fight the rain and a clearly faster Dama in all corners. I think I prefer the chase rather than than being chased - especially in the rain brrrr...

Your braking distances were so much shorter than mine too....

But - Your tyres were hammered early on.

Once I saw you dropping behind me instead of breathing down my neck I figured you were in the pits so I went in right after that tactically as I figured with clear air you would pass me in no time if I hit the pits 4-5 laps later (which my tyres would have been ok with I think).

Came out with a really nice lead which told me you did have an off somewhere - alas I messed up too shortly after on lap 18 which allowed Nevil to get by and you to get right behind again.

As you said though I clearly had a speed advantage on the straights - although I still had boosts and you didnt at this stage.

Which showed perfectly just after your overtake on lap 21 - once we were on main straight you went a bit too far on the paintwork and 1 push of the boost and I was ahead again.

I guess most went for a high DF setup?? I dropped to 1F-3R and immediately gained 2 seconds in testing in the rain vs my high DF attempts.

Sorry to see you spin towards the end of that lap although Im not sorry I didnt have you breathing down my neck anymore heheh :)

Then last few laps @Nevil and @Stokemon clearly were struggling massively (they were easily faster than me most of the race as were you) - to the point where I gained on them seconds each lap.

Last lap - just before the end - I snuck up behind them and on the last chicane before the final straight I overtook Nevil for 5th and if I had 2 more corners I think Stoke would have been fair game too.

Still very happy with 5th.

All in all one cracking race for me - thanks guys !

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes, I also noticed that, more than once. Is anyone know for fact why is that? Obviously there is something about that is different online and offline? Why?
Its becouse the physics of online lobbys they act difftlrent to single player lobbys. Hence why i never use free practice allways use an online lobby to practise on.. Also online you will a diffrence in practice sessions to qualifying sessions.. So best thing to do is stick a few hours on a qualifying lobby and practice that way. You get better results.. Imo anyway..

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Its becouse the physics of online lobbys they act difftlrent to single player lobbys. Hence why i never use free practice allways use an online lobby to practise on.. Also online you will a diffrence in practice sessions to qualifying sessions.. So best thing to do is stick a few hours on a qualifying lobby and practice that way. You get better results.. Imo anyway..
Just a note from my side, SMS investigated this and there are no hints "the physics" would be different between SP and MP. The only thing that differs could be track state. Now edited my conclusion out ;) quick race correlates much better with our online races than free practice.

Last edited:

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just a note from my side, SMS investigated this and there are no hints "the physics" would be different between SP and MP. The only thing that differs could be track state. Now edited my conclusion out ;) quick race correlates much better with our online races than free practice.
I've also had a similar investigation in another league and we came up to the conclusion that the 'offline' and 'online' practice were different because of two major factors:
-The 'offline' settings, regarding hours and/or date are easily mixed (e.g. using 'race date' is maybe not what you expect). This may strongly impact the track and tires temperature.
-If several people is training, then the track get more rubber quickly and the grip is greatly improved.

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining guys and on top of that I believe there's (in my case anyway) also the personal factor, because I'm much more relaxed/consistent in a free practice session then in an online race. I try to carry that feeling over to online racing with more practice => more confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread