Show off your rigs! (8 Viewers)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all. If I find 2 seconds from this I will be very pleased indeed!

The monitor is on a home made alloy frame and I should be able to slide it closer to me. The pedals, seat and wheel are on a separate wooden frame. Also very home made but does the job.
20170517_161200.jpg

I will be making the necessary adjustments later today really hope this makes me quicker now.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
After years of racing at my desk with a rotating wheelie chair Im finally rigged up :)

Too soon to give detailed info on the F1GT but I will say so far .... its solid and very comfortable. I almost want to take a nap in the F1 position. It "just" doesnt fit into my only available space in F1 position (cant screw the seat adjuster in) but as you see if I had an inch more space it would screw in but as the backrest is resting against the wall its totally ok.

So far highly recommended but I would need a few races to really get used to it before I could definitely give an informed opinion.

I have not tried many other rigs - really only 1 in the autotrade show and about 3 in box.co.uk in Minworth just outside Birmingham and this easily wins hands down comfort wise compared to what I have tried.

What attracted me to it was really is
1. it fits in the space shown (just)
2. there isnt a massive bucket seat in my room
3. you can opt to have it in reclined or more GT position.

I slouch in my chair anyway when racing at my desk so the F1 position felt just right.

Will have to get used to actually using pressure for the brake pedal too.
ForNLR1.jpg
ForNLR2.jpg
ForNLR5.jpg

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After years of racing at my desk with a rotating wheelie chair Im finally rigged up :)

Too soon to give detailed info on the F1GT but I will say so far .... its solid and very comfortable. I almost want to take a nap in the F1 position. It "just" doesnt fit into my only available space in F1 position (cant screw the seat adjuster in) but as you see if I had an inch more space it would screw in but as the backrest is resting against the wall its totally ok.

So far highly recommended but I would need a few races to really get used to it before I could definitely give an informed opinion.

I have not tried many other rigs - really only 1 in the autotrade show and about 3 in box.co.uk in Minworth just outside Birmingham and this easily wins hands down comfort wise compared to what I have tried.

I slouch in my chair anyway when racing at my desk so the F1 position felt just right.

Will have to get used to actually using pressure for the brake pedal too.View attachment 1526 View attachment 1527 View attachment 1528
Nice mate now you need a monitor mount right infront of it save you moving it about then...

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice mate now you need a monitor mount right infront of it save you moving it about then...
Racing on monitors just doesnt do it for me once I had the rift.. Dont need monitor for pCars at all and for Asseto Corsa I can just about see things on the monitor on the desk to setup the race and then ofcourse Im in the rift again.

Keyboard and mouse can be moved on the floor right by met so I can use those when Im tucked in no problem without hassle - nice long cables !

Not saying Ill never do it but I definitely dont need one. If more space allows maybe triples but again with the rift.. meh :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Racing on monitors just doesnt do it for me once I had the rift.. Dont need monitor for pCars at all and for Asseto Corsa I can just about see things on the monitor on the desk to setup the race and then ofcourse Im in the rift again.

Keyboard and mouse can be moved on the floor right by met so I can use those when Im tucked in no problem without hassle - nice long cables !

Not saying Ill never do it but I definitely dont need one. If more space allows maybe triples but again with the rift.. meh :)
Ahhh well if the rift is were your going. Ignore what i said lol..

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Will have to get used to actually using pressure for the brake pedal too.

Very, very, very nice SlowBloke.
You just right now signed my divorce papers because I am going to get home new cockpit. :stig:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

Will have to get used to actually using pressure for the brake pedal too.View attachment 1526 View attachment 1527 View attachment 1528
That does look very smart and clean! I've definitely got an understanding wife when it comes to the space I'm taking up. I go the triples setup last night and turned some laps. I'm so happy with how it all works and the view you get. I've got to do a bit of cable management and I'll post some pictures.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow hahah nooo dont do that - just be really really nice to her and all will be :)

@ramiboo That would be cool - no room for triples in this house but eventually I will move in with the other half and then Ive already been told I can have a me room ;) Triples might be something down the line or not depending on how VR improves. For sure I miss the graphic fidelity from monitors - do bring on the pictures - the one you shared on twitter was a bloody lovely setup!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That does look very smart and clean! I've definitely got an understanding wife when it comes to the space I'm taking up. I go the triples setup last night and turned some laps. I'm so happy with how it all works and the view you get. I've got to do a bit of cable management and I'll post some pictures.
Im with you there mate lol.. I told my wife it will take less room than the desk that was there and she was ok with it then it arrived and she was like.. Hhhmmmm bit bigger than you said lol. I told her i must of messured wrong. So i agreed to take her out for a romantic meal to make up for it.. Thank god she agreed lol..

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My rig isn't anything really special, but for me it was important that i can mount/unmount my stuff really quickly and easily because I'm playing a lot of games that don't require a wheel
Additionally I'm moving my driving screen just right behind the keyboard to be able to use better FOV settings
DSC_0464.JPG
DSC_0465.JPG

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, here is my setup. I want to get a wheel stand but I'm happy with this atm, just the shit clamp on the tx base letting me down.
download.png

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, ready for an update? Well here goes. As some of you know I was a little tired of racing using the TV on the wall. Although it was nice for the aesthetics of the house it was just a PITA and neck looking up at it all the time. And although the playseat was good, it did flex a little and the bar in between my legs was getting annoying after 6 years. So after some design work and a bucket of cash I set about upgrading my setup. I'm 6'4" tall so I wanted something that was adjustable and customisable. Something that could grow with my Sim Racing and can be added to. I decided that an 80/20 rig was the way to go.

For Reference, here's a picture of what I had before the work started. It was quite spread out so took up a fair bit of space.

IMG_3292.JPG

The first thing I did was used a program I know called Sketchup Make which I was able to model the rig to scale. This was for 2 reasons. I could work out how big the pieces needed to be and how much space it would take up in the room I've got it in.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 15.12.58.jpg

I ordered the Aluminium Profile from motedis.co.uk (not actually a UK company). It took a while to arrive and they cut some lengths wrong, probably because I changed the order after placing it, but it all arrived in 3 weeks from ordering.

IMG_3312.JPG IMG_3320.JPG IMG_3334.JPG

To mount the Fanatec CSW and Shifter and the wheel deck I ordered some brackets from SIM-Labs. The CSW bracket had been machines wrong, so I needed to do a slight compromise on the mounting. I've since found a small engineering place near me that would make the brackets I need cheaper then SIM-Labs so will use them next time if I need any other brackets made up.

IMG_3295.JPG

This completed the phase 1 of my rig, and a lot of the above you guys have seem already, but just wanted to explain a bit more about it. The next phase was to get the monitor(s) a bit closer and to get that next level immersion. Check the next Post.....

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
For the frame of the Monitor Stand I needed some more 80/20. This time I used a UK company for the Aluminium Profile, KJN Ltd, the web site is not as friendly as motedis but the ordering, shipping and delivery was brilliant. I ordered the extra bits and it was delivered within a week. I also ordered 3 Dell S2716DG and an EVGA 1080ti to run them. I also needed to get some Monitor brackets made for the side monitors.

IMG_3472.JPG IMG_3547.JPG IMG_3541.JPG

I'm blown away with what I've ended up with. I've run a few sessions on it now, including the League race last night and it's truly awesome! Have I spent a little bit too much money......probably.....but now it's done am I regretting it.....hell no! :D
IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3536.JPG

IMG_3540.JPG

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That is a really nice setup, gives a lot of food for thought for others.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice mate.looking really good..

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@ramiboo - bloody superb! Im just not a DIY guy hence I had to buy off the shelf but I can only imagine the fun you can have in that thing :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Ramiboo, that is unbelievable. :stig:

Great job man. Now you just have to enjoy all of that.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I feel like I've been a bit MIA from RSR over the last two weeks, other than being super busy with work I was also putting together my latest rendition of my PC setup. :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 5.0GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H105 240mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-Gaming K3
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB DDR4
Storage 1: Corsair Force Series GS 240GB
Storage 2: Western Digital Black 2TB
Power Supply: Corsair TX-650 V2
Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Monitors: 1x BenQ XL2411T 24" 144Hz + 2x BenQ Zowie XL2411 24" 144Hz
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core (Corsair M65 Pro on the way)
Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK+ (soon to be XXL version)
Keyboard: Logitech G15 (soon to be Corsair K95 Platinum)
Headset: SteelSeries Siberia 800

The plan is to have an all-new, full Fanatec setup with an Oculus in time for PCars 2 then my setup will be done! :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread