Real life racing vehicles (1 Viewer)

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
Looking good @Iceman07 you still using the turbo engine? I did FS 2012 & 13, Germany was the best party :D
Thanks ;)
Not the AMG one, we have developed a new turbocharged engine with BRP Rotax for this year.

In which Team did you participate?

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi
I thought i would post some footage of my last real life event in Rudskogen in Norway. Rudskogen Motorsenter, a track designed by Tilke was both really fun to drive and really challenging with big elevation changes. Sadly it was raining all weekend.

I am driving a Ginetta G40 in the Swedish GT5 ginetta challange, a racing class that is growing fast in Sweden at the moment.
Race 1
Race 2
Test

@members

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Dislike, gives you an unfair advantage in any Ginetta G40 races we run. :p (Super cool!)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had a brilliant race in the Morgan at Oulton on Saturday.

Qualifying was on a greasy track, really horrible to drive on, I missed the second chicane on the out lap and then span at it a few laps later o_O

The wet qualifying setup an exciting dry race with the grid out of usual order. Lots of racing for the first couple of laps then I came up to my dad (blue historic V8 car), he was determined not to let me past and I was trying pretty hard to get past! Had the best 20 minutes of my life!

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ meh, graphics are OK but the sound is rubbish. Not convinced by the AI either. I did like the driver animations though, they were very realistic 3/10, might consider buying.

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
This week I did a race on Falkenberg Raceway in the south of Sweden. A small track but with fast corners and a tight chicane after the start/finish straight.
Sadly I was a bit too passive in the beginning of race 2.

On the test on the friday beforehand I was pushing a tad too much making me spin in the end of the video. To my excuse it was raining.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Its my first check back here for a while and its great to see all the diversity of vehicles you all drive :) A little update on what we have done with the 250
We've added the custom front faring and bumper to help move the air (and sometimes other karts ;) ) out the way a little better, The areo on the front gives about half a second which is was quite surprising. We are also running a new piston and bottom end on the motor after the crankshaft came through the bottom in pretty brutal fashion during a round of the S4 National championship xD
250 @ jimf edited.jpg

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had a wet weekend at Cadwell!

First race on Saturday was mainly dry with a bit of drizzle at the end to make it slippery and exciting.

For the second race on Sunday it was dry for qualifying and all day until we were waiting in the assembly area then it chucked it down! It had stopped raining by the time we started so the track was drying but started very wet. Had a really good race fighting with the much more powerful class B cars, started 11th, got up to 4th at one point and finished 6th!

Believed to be the first race in the history of the Morgan Challenge where a +8 hasn't been on the podium, the big ones all broke or span out, my dad was first +8 home in 7th.

@ramiboo - I think your brother had technical issues in the first BCV8 race and didn't do the second?

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a wet weekend at Cadwell!

First race on Saturday was mainly dry with a bit of drizzle at the end to make it slippery and exciting.

For the second race on Sunday it was dry for qualifying and all day until we were waiting in the assembly area then it chucked it down! It had stopped raining by the time we started so the track was drying but started very wet. Had a really good race fighting with the much more powerful class B cars, started 11th, got up to 4th at one point and finished 6th!

Believed to be the first race in the history of the Morgan Challenge where a +8 hasn't been on the podium, the big ones all broke or span out, my dad was first +8 home in 7th.

@ramiboo - I think your brother had technical issues in the first BCV8 race and didn't do the second?
Hey Laiders, yeah my brother had a shocking weekend. He wanted to race his 4 cylinder MGB at Cadwell so took it up there on Friday morning as he wanted to test it before the race weekend started. He managed the noise test and an outlap before he realised the engine had already pooped itself. Loaded the car back on the trailer and went home again to get his V8 MGB. The V8 is running his spare engine at the moment as his main one ran an end and killed the crank a few weeks ago.

He got back to Cadwell Friday/Saturday Morning at 01:00 am. The Quali was wet in the morning I think and he qualified 2nd in class. He managed 6 laps of the first race before the spare engine in the V8 decided to also shit itself giving him a DNF. Needless to say, he didn't even make the second race of the day.

So after a total of 750 road miles and 16 laps of Cadwell Park Circuit he now has 2 broken cars and a very large bill in front of him. This sport is a bit soul destroying sometimes but when you're an addict there not much you can do. :oops:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Its my first check back here for a while and its great to see all the diversity of vehicles you all drive :) A little update on what we have done with the 250
We've added the custom front faring and bumper to help move the air (and sometimes other karts ;) ) out the way a little better, The areo on the front gives about half a second which is was quite surprising. We are also running a new piston and bottom end on the motor after the crankshaft came through the bottom in pretty brutal fashion during a round of the S4 National championship xD View attachment 1708
Lol alex it looks like your struggling to see over do you need a booster seat lol..

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey Laiders, yeah my brother had a shocking weekend. He wanted to race his 4 cylinder MGB at Cadwell so took it up there on Friday morning as he wanted to test it before the race weekend started. He managed the noise test and an outlap before he realised the engine had already pooped itself. Loaded the car back on the trailer and went home again to get his V8 MGB. The V8 is running his spare engine at the moment as his main one ran an end and killed the crank a few weeks ago.

He got back to Cadwell Friday/Saturday Morning at 01:00 am. The Quali was wet in the morning I think and he qualified 2nd in class. He managed 6 laps of the first race before the spare engine in the V8 decided to also shit itself giving him a DNF. Needless to say, he didn't even make the second race of the day.

So after a total of 750 road miles and 16 laps of Cadwell Park Circuit he now has 2 broken cars and a very large bill in front of him. This sport is a bit soul destroying sometimes but when you're an addict there not much you can do. :oops:

Man that's a tough weekend :(

Wet Cadwell would have been perfect for the 4 cylinder car as well!

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
A good first race with OK pace. Best finish this season with a P9 in the G40(the ones with a roof) class

2nd race was a hectic one but following up with another P9 in class.

The in class result should be the overall result for me as the G40 generally is faster. But some more experienced G20 drivers managed to pass in the 2nd race.

Last edited:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Not 'technically' race vehicles but I got a chance to head down to Sydney to attend my second BMW E30 (including other early model BMWs) meet. I've linked an imgur gallery and embedded a couple of videos for anyone who is interested, enjoy...

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not quite a race vehicle but my new toy i can take to a track as my insurance allows it lol..
20170825_160138.jpg

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
20170826_161317.jpg
Does this one count?

Technically not entered a race yet but that's only 6 weeks away now and its been round a couple of curcuits. Also sadly no stickers yet but it's really close to being finished now after several years in the making.

Stickers and tyres to come over the next couple of weeks. :D

Users who are viewing this thread