Project CARS 2 Ranked Events, Leagues et al (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've thoroughly enjoyed the few nights I've been able to spend online with you fine folks so far (despite the odd punterino among friends), and I'm eager to see what races are coming! Even induction night is a great event, and I'll certainly keep trying to turn up to that to improve my racecraft (and maybe not bin it when I'm in third place next time :D )

I'm doing the US Clio Cup tonight (why is there never enough time to practice?), which is marked as "Ranked". Other than "this one's for keeps", what does ranked mean in this context? What differentiates from the unranked "sprint night"?

Second (related) question. I heard a couple of comments on Tuesday about a proper league (someone likes that crazy Ginnetta, bleugh). Can I expect to see season long league(s) appearing in the calendars? I've bitten the bug enough already that I'm considering trying to protect an evening for regular racing. Do you run one league at a time? or a few with different car flavours for all tastes? (Honestly I'll learn any car / category that fits with my ability to attend).

See you on the track tonight

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey Paul,

Good to hear that you are enjoying RSR and having a good time! Regarding your questions, all the races on the calender which are organised by RSR are normally Ranked excluding the Induction Night and the unranked sprint races. Well what does ranked mean? We have our own ranking system here at RSR which pitches you in the ranking against your fellow drivers in a whole lot of categories (Finish rate, Wins, Average finishing position and more). You can find the ranking here: https://revolutionsimracing.com/pages/career-stats-pc2/.

Furthermore RSR does organise a league every once in a while. I believe 2 times a year. We finished the first Project Cars 2 league 2 months ago. That was a 6 round league with the Porsche Cayman GT4. Currently RSR is working on season 4 and when the time is there you will hear about it. The leagues run on a fixed day of the week (mostly mondays) once per week with a week off every now and then.

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To give you a bit more detail on how the leagues work, unlike the single events(sprint nights etc) the leagues known as "Revolution Cup" start off with a signup period which is for the season(usually 6 races). Once the signups is complete, we require you to complete time trial laps with a specific cars/tracks. you will need to post these in the relevant sub-thread. Once the time trial stage is complete we will assign the different splits(lobbies) according to time trial pace, past experience. you will then be allocated a place in Split1 or Split2 where you will race through out the season.

We run a Pro/Am system within the league itself, this allows us to have teams consisting of 1 Pro and 1 Am Driver. The teams can work together sharing setups and knowledge to fight for the teams championship while each driver can fight for their own championship.

As @Nighttiger rightly pointed out the races happen on a Monday night over the course of 8 weeks with two 1 week breaks midway through the season. Keep an eye on the forum for details of the new season!

Users who are viewing this thread