Project CARS 2 Nords time-trial challenge discussion (1 Viewer)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
A LOL ti si iz Hrvatske... xD

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Soooo :D I tried it like this: recorded the whole desktop and let the profiler with throttle/brake bars run besides the pCARS window. Then cropped everything and made a picture in picture with Vegas. Hope you like it :) While testing this out I managed a 8:04.5 after binning it a hundred times :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Managed to only just, squeeze into Top5 atm. Unfortuantly because the Ui is slightly different in the events you can't add ghost afais so you can't copy the setup. Not sure if that is intnentional. So here is the Setup in screenshots like good old pcars1.

Is set for soft tires, it is easly to overdrive them, so that they understeer due to hot surface temperaute the next coner, so maybe you have to be a little easy on them in the twisty sections. Not sure if that disqualiifized it for the TT but give it a try.
You also try a few klicks to Front or Rear on the Brake balance.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cheers miagi, I'll give those settings a try later - I don't know if it was the weather, trying too hard or something else but I had completely lost my rhythm when I tried again yesterday, could barely string a lap together :eek:

Interesting that you've left the radiator open even slightly. A spirited run results in only 3 engine damage with it set to 0% (for the uninitiated, that does not mean the radiator is closed off completely, just that the opening is the smallest). I doubt 3 engine damage, by the end of the lap, is affecting performance to any significant degree.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I will also try Miagi's setup tonight. I am not satisfied with my own entirely but I managed to get 8:16,45something (in Community challenge).

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting that you've left the radiator open even slightly. A spirited run results in only 3 engine damage with it set to 0% (for the uninitiated, that does not mean the radiator is closed off completely, just that the opening is the smallest). I doubt 3 engine damage, by the end of the lap, is affecting performance to any significant degree.
yeah I did the run with 0% too even though the BMW collects some 20% damage over the lap. You only start to lose performance upwards of 50% engine damage.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a chance above 110degrees that you might get a sudden engine failure?

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a chance above 110degrees that you might get a sudden engine failure?
I guess that's just a chance you have to take for one fast lap.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There's always a chance but I've never had one in a time-trial over a single lap, not once. Something like the Lotus 98T ramped up to full boost will struggle, of course, on a circuit of this length but over something like Bathurst it's still not a problem.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Whoops, sorry @Puffpirat

EDIT : Thanks also to @miagi for the setup. I changed quite a few bits from what you had but it worked as an excellent base for making the setup I used for this lap. I was 0.3s down in S1 and 0.1s down in S2, with neither of those even being perfect, so there's definitely a mid-to-high 8m03 lap available from the setup I have. I know Puff can do similar. It's so tough maintaining composure for every single lap though :eek:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Cheers miagi, I'll give those settings a try later - I don't know if it was the weather, trying too hard or something else but I had completely lost my rhythm when I tried again yesterday, could barely string a lap together :eek:

I thought maybe if the engine gets too hot I could lose power. It is a significatly longer lap than any normal track.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nah, it's fine over the course of this lap - it's not particular hot for the lap anyway.

Annoyingly, I've gone 0.6s faster in the 1st sector and 0.25s faster in the 2nd sector. Just not on the same lap :( . It does mean that a 2m03.4 lap is doable.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry Puff :(

8m02 is eminently doable. I dropped 0.5s on my previous best 1st sector time and nearly 0.2s on my previous best 3rd sector time :(

EDIT : Also, a third of the top-21 times belong to RSR members :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

New Ranking, fought back on P6

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
that's 4 RSR members in the top 6 \o/

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.05.11 - 10.37.55.48.png

did a lap in the meme car for fun :D

(↑not the lap that count towards leaderboard)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Fastest Ginetta so far?! :D

Users who are viewing this thread