Project CARS 2 Newbies Race Night - March 3rd 20:00 UTC - Completed (1 Viewer)

Daza

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Any newbies (reds and oranges) interested in a non-ranked race this weekend? Greens are welcome to join as well. But this is more aimed at newbies such as myself wants to race similar skilled drivers where we can have some close racing (and hopefully minimal paint swapping) to get more experience on a more even field of drivers.

Newbie Race Night:

Non-Ranked Race

Date/Time: Saturday night 3rd March @ 20:00 UTC

Track: Willow Springs Int Raceway
This track has some fast and tight corners but very forgiving since the track is wide and also plenty of wide run off areas, cars going off the track are less likely to bounce back on and collect someone.

Car: BMW 320 TC

Session:
A 20 min practise and 10 min qualify and the main race being 25 laps.
Conditions: Standing start/clear weather/afternoon race with
Full Damage ON. This roughly should all up be 1 hour give or take.

Default/Fixed Setup.

Rules of the track will be same as per standard RSR track/conduct rules.

So on the night turn up on the RSR Teamspeak @ 19:50 UTC and we will go from there, i have a server lined up.

I'm hoping this could be run same night/time each weekend so there is a race for new drivers to improve their race craft with similar skilled drivers. But as said Green/experienced drivers can join in too, so long as most of the field is newbie drivers. Also i think it would be a good idea to use the same track once a fortnight which means those who missed out can race the following weekend and also getting to know the track really well might see closer racing. Drivers could then vote on next track for the next fortnight. I think using the same car through out the month would be good, as the more seat time in same car you can get more comfortable and faster, build confidence.

Can I ask for those newbies (and other drivers) interested please leave a comment if you think you will be able to make it to this race so there can be an idea of numbers. I realise it is a little short of notice but will be looking at running the same race/time on the following Saturday as well if you can't make it this weekend.

Cheers
Daza

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
While I endorse your idea, I'd still recommend to go with Full damage instead of damage turned off.
It might seem to you like some sort of trainer wheels, but in my opinion it usually only cultivates bad habits (shoving and pushing others).

Also, players having to pit because of damage is also some sort of training. In our ranked races, you have to manually pit if something happens and I think it's good to be used of that, so it doesn't catch you off guard just because you used auto-pit in the past.

Edit: But in general, I really like the idea of having some sort of training platform for newer members beyond the induction nights. Still, at least a few experienced members or ideally a mod or admin should be present to ensure that things aren't "learned" wrong.

Last edited:

Daza

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and input Invincible, good points you made i have changed it to damage on and will make sure pitting will be set to manual. I am hoping some experienced (and a mod or admin as well would be good as you suggested) drivers join in, even if they arrive late in the session just before the race that would be fine.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is a nice idea! I'm away this weekend but if you are looking to repeat this training event then i'm more than happy to join and give any support/advice on a regular basis. You are more than welcome to message(Inbox) me if you have any questions :)

Mancspartan

Community Member
Reaction score
I`d love to have a go, but saturday nights are no good for me.

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm interested. Thanks for your willingness to set this up.

Does "Default/Fixed setup" mean the Loose or Stable setups provided by SMS?

Last edited:

Daza

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm interested. Thanks for your willingness to set this up.

Thanks for your interest Laserbeak43 hope you can make it this Saturday.

As for your question I'm not entirely sure actually, in the settings for hosting it has Force Default Setups Yes/No, so i presumed that would be default loose setup (now i think about it, I'm not sure what happens if you overwrite the loose setup whether it will revert to original loose default setup, i'm sure someone has an answer??).

James|91 is going to help me run this (thank you James|91!) he has suggested in having two races (different tracks) instead of one and have the second race with custom setups allowed. I think for now this Saturday 3rd March will be as planned above, but yeah in future will run two 15 lap (depending on size of track) races on different tracks but same car. We are discussing some ideas and combinations so will do a write up in near future with a schedule of track and car combinations that are likely to work well.

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me! Thanks for the info! Can't wait! I think my son will be joining us as well.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score

I think if you have a wheel it defaults to Loose, if you are on a controller it defaults to stable.

Last edited:

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
I may be around for this.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When we run with default setup it’s a gentlemen’s agreement that we run with loose or stable setup, the choice is yours which you take

Daza

Community Member
Reaction score
Can we join in for this one?? Please!!

You sure can, this is open to all who want to improve their race craft from those just starting out to those who have been racing for many months already or whatever.

img_87

Community Member
Reaction score
I will try and make this if i can negotiate time away from pregnant wife. Already have a race tomorrow night so she may not be on board with this.

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
Count me in (hope my pc holds up; think my memory is fried)

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun ill try to make it! :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Can I join too?

Users who are viewing this thread