iRacing Chit Chat (4 Viewers)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
IMSA / LeMans Series participation will fully depend on tracks.

Yeah, spelling must be a troll as both have a mistake in them.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good video but not much love for iRacing on his first impression. As always the tires are the "main" problem zone together with the odd "dont brake harder than 60%"^^

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
He's not the only one that mentioned that about the tires. Zoegling drove the cup car in real life aswell (Drives for BES Lamborghini) and was also not happy about the tires on iRacing. You know it's bad when you run literally every car on lowest pressure (those that have the current tire model).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
He's not the only one that mentioned that about the tires. Zoegling drove the cup car in real life aswell (Drives for BES Lamborghini) and was also not happy about the tires on iRacing. You know it's bad when you run literally every car on lowest pressure (those that have the current tire model).

Yip. Thats a massive issue IMO. Although AC has a massive problem with flesh heating. Something iRacing doesnt know it even exist :D

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Yip. Thats a massive issue IMO. Although AC has a massive problem with flesh heating. Something iRacing doesnt know it even exist :D
Flesh Heating!! AC - Attack of the Zombie Flesh eating tyres!! :D

IRacing definitely has flash heating of tyres. You know that mid corner slide you get and recover, and then you put the slightest bit of lock on again and the car just spins super easy, that's the flash heating you are saying isn't there. It's way too extreme IMO.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Flesh Heating!! AC - Attack of the Zombie Flesh eating tyres!! :D

IRacing definitely has flash heating of tyres. You know that mid corner slide you get and recover, and then you put the slightest bit of lock on again and the car just spins super easy, that's the flash heating you are saying isn't there. It way too extreme IMO.

Havent played for a while but when I did the Tire temps as such wouldnt matter at all. Ye stupid autocorrect on the phone :D

Still, the weakest points were always the tire Model. Cant we just have a Mix from every sim out there? :D

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, bang all their heads together and make one sim super pack!

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's a long read, but definately worth reading if you are interested :D
They did adjust the post, so NTMv7 might be out for June build :/

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
That seemed like a stupidly overly complex and round-about way of saying "we fixed the golden out lap, and have improved lap times over various temperatures, grip loss with temperature and feeling over the limit."

Detail is cool and all that but...it's like hearing someone say they've got a kid on the way, then they proceed to tell you all the scientific info about how a baby is made, the process of it growing etc

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Didnt they say already with tire model v6 that is the new golden era? Sometimes I cant believe iRacing what they are saying^^

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Normally I'm not posting my videos, but this was such an awesome race after a very bad qually:

@Vernux and myself will start tomorrow evening at the BES at Bathurst. Watch out for our live stream :spam:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
At least they know the tyre model isn't right and are continually trying to improve things.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I don’t want this to be a “sim a is better than b” thing and my membership ran out, hence I can’t access the page. So this is a genuine question.

Are they only tweaking the parameters of the tire model or actually changing the physics/maths behind it?

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The math behind the tires is changing in the NTMv7 as previously they would release information about the tire model and it looks like they are starting to figure out the proper calculations as to how tires function. In the previous builds the tires were following a pre-determined path of if x then y happens, as that is changing / evolving the tires "should" feel different and more like the real life tires.

But as we all know, things have been said before being "revolutionary" and were not 100% delivered. As the tires are not changing untill the June build, I'd say hold off on extending your membership and try on one of our accounts after the June build if you like the changes or not. Unless you really really want to drive LMP1 and do the 24 hours Nordschleife special event :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cheers mate :) oh I have to renew for Sebring anyway :D but will probably do one month only. I’ll come back to your offer surely!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
iRacing - Physics based tire model. Improvements have been slow. Big undertaking that so far can debated if its working or not.
Everyone else - Empirical tire model. Proven to work but has its downsides as well. Ex: Can't have just one tire model for all cars. Tire model has to be specific for each car and thus be different across all cars.

Hopefully NtmV7 solves the golden outlap (mainly for GTE tires) and the grip vs temperature issue that's been plaguing the model for year's now.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iRacing - Physics based tire model. Improvements have been slow. Big undertaking that so far can debated if its working or not.
Everyone else - Empirical tire model. Proven to work but has its downsides as well. Ex: Can't have just one tire model for all cars. Tire model has to be specific for each car and thus be different across all cars.

Hopefully NtmV7 solves the golden outlap (mainly for GTE tires) and the grip vs temperature issue that's been plaguing the model for year's now.

So iRacing is the only game which has a physic based tire model? I hope this is an April joke although we have March lol

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Crashed the car again two times :banghead:, but ended up in P10 at Bathurst BES :happy:

Users who are viewing this thread