Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratulations Vernux and Grobi :eek:
That's one hell of an achievement winning the 6H ELMS around LeMans race in Split 2 in the GTE class!

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And here is another race report from the RevolutionSimRacing #12 team:

@Vernux and myself were driving the Le Mans Endurance series last night in the GTE class. This time it was on the awesome track at Le Mans.
Before the race we thought: ok, that will be a bit boring. Long track, no action aso. But I have to say, that the classes in the Le Mans series are very well mixed. The LMP1 accelerate so extremely fast. Really insane.
We were driving in the second split out of three.

Qualifying: @Vernux was doing that this time and it was a very good performance from him. P1 with a 4 tenth gap to P2.

Race: The start was a bit wild. We got a huge traffic jam with LMP2s in front of us. @Vernux needed to get of track and we lost 4 places. But the guys around us decided to fight hardcore from the beginning. After the first lap we were in P2 again.
Our strategy was to save fuel as much as we can to do each stint 15 laps. We were in the perfect position for that, directly behind the leader.
After 10 laps we saved more then enough fuel. @Vernux easily overtook the leader. And everyone behind us were pitting 2 laps earlier.
Because of that, we knew that they have to pit one more time at the end compared to us. So we tried to save fuel with lift and coast every lap. That cost us around 1-2 seconds each lap, but we were able to hold our position.
@Vernux was again really fast on the way and could easily hold the first position and expand the gap. After the first 2 stints we were still in P1 and I was driving the 3rd and 4th stint. Again I was a bit slower, but I could hold the position, until I was a bit too optimistic and tried to overtake two lapped cars before the second chicane. I braked extremely late and the second car, well I think he wasn't aware of my aggressive move. So he hit me in the back, I lost the car, crashed a bit into a wall and lost P1. Good news was, that the car was still fine and only got a minor damage.
@Vernux was taking over again for stint 5 and 6. Sadly the guys around us had some trouble in traffic. P3 was hit by another car and P1 lost the car, while he was driving too fast into Indianapolis.
Because of the large gap and the extra lap we needed to do, we decided to do a splash and dash early. @Vernux could do some hot laps and was very happy about that.

Our first win this year in an endurance race!

Congratulations Vernux and Grobi :eek:
That's one hell of an achievement winning the 6H ELMS around LeMans race in Split 2 in the GTE class!

I was writing the race report the whole time and haven't seen your message! Thx dude! Was a hell of a ride :D

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, from 27:25 you can see Vernux playing Mozes :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I couldn't help myself :D
God this car is fun!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
hopefully they find a fix soon as i want to do my first IMSA races later this week

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Le Mans Series is really pissing me off; Sebring, Le Mans and now Road America, i've been completely wiped out on all three by LMP1 cars and not just once. I've lost nearly 400 points over the last few weeks because of it, having to claw it back in VRS GT and IMSA. Some people just don't have the talent and don't know how to drive the car. Maybe I will revisit after a couple of seasons when the novelty factor has worn off.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've been evaluating all the data from the race sessions and I'm probably going to ask Tyler (responsible) for the series and schedules to bring a few changes to the LeMans series. It's apparent that the tracks and car combinations with 60 cars do not really go along.
There is a Discord for the series inwhich I and the team that "runs" LeMans series are discussing things and where you can get some setup help: https://discord.gg/4w5BsTf

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry @Dutchtastic, I didn't make myself clear, I was driving a GTE. It's not so much the tracks, but some drivers not knowing how to drive in multi class events.

Trying to overtake in stupid situations and then trying to blame the other car.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i haven't raced LeMans series yet but what i have seen from streams and videos there is definitely a need to restrict the LMPs so only people with a "certain amount of skill" are allowed to race the LMP1s otherwise this will stay a wreckfest unfortunately

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry @Dutchtastic, I didn't make myself clear, I was driving a GTE. It's not so much the tracks, but some drivers not knowing how to drive in multi class events.

Trying to overtake in stupid situations and then trying to blame the other car.

Yeah, we realised pretty soon that 60 cars per split is too much as the difference in iRating in classes is huge, too huge to allow for decent racing. It's going to change soon, just have to discuss with the team as to how many we will allow in a split.
But in general I've not had that many issues with GTE's or slow LMP1's yet, atleast not to the point that it's ALT+F4 time :D

i haven't raced LeMans series yet but what i have seen from streams and videos there is definitely a need to restrict the LMPs so only people with a "certain amount of skill" are allowed to race the LMP1s otherwise this will stay a wreckfest unfortunately
Unfortunately the only "limit" we can set is a licence limit to B4.0, which is pretty much A-class licence. But from experience I can tell you that even that, won't garuantee a safe race.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, we realised pretty soon that 60 cars per split is too much as the difference in iRating in classes is huge, too huge to allow for decent racing. It's going to change soon, just have to discuss with the team as to how many we will allow in a split.
But in general I've not had that many issues with GTE's or slow LMP1's yet, atleast not to the point that it's ALT+F4 time :D

Unfortunately the only "limit" we can set is a licence limit to B4.0, which is pretty much A-class licence. But from experience I can tell you that even that, won't garuantee a safe race.

You are now staff in the iRacing team? :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You are now staff in the iRacing team? :D

Community Representative
In other words, I handle things like votes, series changes, monitor the series and track scheduling

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It's nice to have a Community Rep, well done on the appointment :D

I look forward to seeing the changes.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So after a decent qualification I was able to run away slightly and I had a 5s gap to P2. Unfortunatly I ended up locking and overheating my fronts before pit entry so the car barged into pitlane with a good 50km/h too much which gave me a 15s penalty.
So being about 15s back of P2 I started the chase and it came down to who had the most battery left on the final straight.
Don't think it could have been any closer.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Finally reached a milestone I never thought I would. It's been amazing progressing and getting better the more I learn. Small stop gap to enjoy but now the real work begins to get to 7k before Pro Qualifiers in November. :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh, I like those funky stripes on it!
:snaphappy:

Users who are viewing this thread