Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lower iRating DP logic: "Blue flag"

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
New BOP adjustments regarding the tires for GT3 cars. As of now they nerfed the Ferrari too much. Merc will be the go to fast car. BMW isn't too bad. Audi still sucks. Macca seems to be decent still. We will see what happens next few weeks.

CHANGE LOG:

EasyAntiCheat

- Fix an issue with the iRacing updater that could cause it to incorrectly determine that EasyAntiCheat is not properly installed on the system, and thus ask you to install or repair it even when it is already properly installed. It is likely that you will be asked to install or repair your current version of EasyAntiCheat with this update, but once you have done so, you will then be up-to-date.

CARS:

Audi R8 LMS GT3

- Tires have been updated to better replicate the degradation characteristics of the tires provided by Pirelli for the 2017 Blancpain GT series. They should feel more responsive, with higher cornering stiffness, less rolling heat, and an increased wear rate.

BMW Z4 GT3

- Tires have been updated to better replicate the degradation characteristics of the tires provided by Pirelli for the 2017 Blancpain GT series. They should feel more responsive, with higher cornering stiffness, less rolling heat, and an increased wear rate.

Ferrari 488 GT3

- 2017 Season 4 BoP Adjustment: Reduced downforce.

Ford GT GT3

McLaren MP4-12C GT3

- 2017 Season 4 BoP Adjustment: Reduced engine torque.

Mercedes-AMG GT3

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I thought the Audi was getting performance back or will that not be until the end of the season?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@2scoops Audi was reverted back to its "run A wing" everywhere performance from 2 seasons ago. Its speed is ok but it still sucks at taking kerbs and has that random snap oversteer issue that they don't seem to want to fix.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Will have to see how it has changed once I get my rig up and running again. Hopefully the increased speed outward the curb issues. I didn't really suffer from those anyway.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
If it's gone to being too unstable I will have to change cars :(

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If it's gone to being too unstable I will have to change cars :(

The audi has been suffering from snap oversteer and uncontrollable kerb movements since the previous BOP's and tire changes back in the beginning of the year. As long as you don't have to take a kerb it's fine, but just looking at one makes the Audi very unstable compared to the other GT3's out there.
@Bassetts will be pleased since the Mercedes seems to benefit a lot from the newer Pirelli tire model.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
For now....Merc is due for a nerf very soon.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
They might as well make them all the same and you can just pick which one you prefer, otherwise you will keep getting predominantly single car grids.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Just been driving the Audi for the first time since the update and i'm not sure I like it anymore :(

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Finally reached the 5k Club! Onward to 6k. :)
5k iRating.PNG

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Gopher04 Thanks buddy! When we going to see you back in iRacing again? Daytona comeback race!:cigar:

Users who are viewing this thread