How Did You Discover RSR? (1 Viewer)

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was a member of TGC in the early days of pCARS1.

Then stopped playing for a short time while moving jobs and such.

Then pCARS2 MP WMD testing started, and RSR was helping so I gave a hand during this.

And now since pCARS2 has been out I've been around constantly since.

And you guys and the races just get better and better.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@grobi0815 told me he loved me and I was sold

Reactions: Tom

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
I met @t0daY and other guys during testing online races in the times of WMD2. To jump into RSR train was only a matter of time. And after almost a year I have to say thanks for this opportunity to meet such a people.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll have a go, even though I've not been here that long.

@Erik and I raced quite a lot, Le Mans being our favourite, but never with other people. After a couple of Online races, open lobbies, I just got too frustrated to carry on. Created the following thread on the Pcars forum

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62800-Understanding-the-License

I wanted feedback, because was I just a terrible driver? Some of the comments said we should get out of public lobbies. That's when I started looking for a league or community. As RSR is advertised as pcars affiliated league, and looked like the most open community, we decided to sign up.

I must say the attitude of the admins in our induction was superb. @Battenberg managed our inductions over two weeks, and everyone was very open and inviting. Induction was so full the first week we had 2 lobbies! I remember being anxious whenever one of the admins would make a lunge to test my reactions.

It's honestly been fantastic. Haven't regretted it, ever. The admins and community are amazing. Thanks for having me.

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
I brought PC1 as it looked to be a good game, I was looking around youtube and saw Yorkie065 videos With the TGC I watched a good 7 or 8 vids and I thought I would give it go, so I joined up I passed my induction with hobbnob & Pamellaaa and I only did a handful for races do to one thing and another and I heard from a good source that a new group was starting up (RSR) after the TGC disbanded so I signed up and I've been here ever since.

This has the best community for sim racing world and love racing with you guys when i can

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I started watching videos by @Yorkie_065 back in the "The Gentlemens Club" era. He was quite often featuring/mentioning @MelBonkers
Those streams/video's got me interested in PCars when it came out. Bought it, including steeringwheel/pedals/shifters. Still kept watching their videos. At some point I fell confident enough to signup for TGC. Joined a few induction sessions, but then everything fell apart. Inductions didn't happen anymore. No more communication from TGC staff, it all fell apart.

From its ashes arose RSR. And thats where I know RSR from.

Same story for me as Ashnoom's. I think we also joined same time at TGC.

I mostly drove rally (Richard Burns) before with my Logitech Momo force feedback wheel, and when NFS Shift 2 got out, I tried it and liked it very much. But Shift was not sim level that I used to in Richard Burns rally, so my sim race life got on hold until I saw that same guys work on game called Project Cars. I bought game and liked it, but tried it online few times and with all that crashing and ramming I soon quit and drove mostly solo career, until on YT I saw Yorkie with TGC and I wanted in to finally taste the real game.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Like many I was hating public lobbies. Waiting 30 mins to get punted off track first corner by the chicane skippers was no fun. Had been researching how to get better and finding various PC2 streams. Watched some of Ricky Brosh in AOR GT3s , which did encourage me to practice more. Should I bite the bullet and go into a league? Discovered @SBart_uk 's Youtube channel and was hypnotised by the pace. Asked a question or two and he mentioned RSR as one of the places to look. Induction was awesome fun, but dear god I was nervous. What a great bunch I thought. The rest is history.

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
Then I helped a little to start WSPSC and raced S1 together with Jussi. Some glories days in that team to remember.
Ah, those were the days... We didn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell in those Palmer-Jaguars, did we? =)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah, those were the days... We didn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell in those Palmer-Jaguars, did we? =)
:hilarious: In that car on Watkins I did one of the best hotlaps of my life and we were like 0,8 s behind the slowest SR3 or so :hilarious: That car was so borken.
But then in the Caterham on Florence it was an epic pace chase. Where you suddenly found a second in that double right uphill, it was so astonishing what is possible on that track. That practice helped me to overtake two GT1 cars, driving a GT3 car in a TGC event later on :D

PiGuy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Kaleeb and Iceman. that and the PCARS twitter

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For me it all started with the almighty Tony. Watched a lot of his videos, got to learn about the TGC which didn´t exist at the time anymore. So I looked up some of those drivers and actually started of at AOR where I quickly learned to know an angry German who has a massive great heart. It wasn´t long after that I joined RSR and enjoyed the time here ever since... with the highlight meeting like 20 members at the Nordschleife! Im very sorry Im missing coming weekend in Spa, would have loved to be there with you guys. Greets from Bangkok

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I don't want to derail the thread, but can one of the veterans please tell the story about "The angry German"?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't want to derail the thread, but can one of the veterans please tell the story about "The angry German"?
Are you all sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.

Once upon a time, there lived a young man by the name of @t0daY. He was very German. He was very angry.

The End.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
He was very German. He was very angry.

The End.

Wouldn't say he's angry. Just grumpy. Like moody old people. :p
I bet when he's not racing, he's staring out of the windows and grumbles about "those young people" out there.

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
The best way to learn about this is to ask @t0daY to repeat something he has already mentioned in the driver's briefing :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
The best way to learn about this is to ask @t0daY to repeat something he has already mentioned in the driver's briefing :D
Or ask him (repeatedly) if the lobby is up yet. :D:D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I get it guys. I just thought because of @Col_McCoy's reference to AOR, there was a specific story behind, you can now stop mocking Manu :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I get it guys. I just thought because of @Col_McCoy's reference to AOR, there was a specific story behind, you can now stop mocking Manu :p
I will NEVER stop mocking @t0daY , it is my one simple pleasure in life, you can't rob me of that :D

Users who are viewing this thread