Happy new year! (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Before I get so drunk that I can barely read my screen, let alone type coherently, I want to wish every single RSR member a happy new year :)

It seems incredible to think that it was only just over a year ago that this little revolution started, rising from the ashes of a league that was being left to die, like an unloved puppy that the parents thought would be cute for their child, not realising that their child just wanted some love and attention and didn't want to worry about "walkies" or cleaning up the mess, the child just wanted the love that was missing from its life .... where was I? Ah yes, RSR.

2016 saw RSR grow and mature as a league. It saw the creation of this site and welcomed an influx of new members. 2017 is going to see RSR grow from strength to strength and it will be an honour and a privilege to race with every single one of you :)

To the @Admins , to my fellow @Moderators and to all the @Members of RevolutionSimRacing, raise your glass and join me in a toast to all of us.

Hic!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nicely written as always mate :) happy new year guys!

Hic

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can't add more what puffi said. Brilliantly written :)

2017 will be awesome, starting with our RSR International Cup and the first iRacing endurance race of the year - Daytona.

Cheers, Hic!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jokey posts aside (who? me? never ;)), it has been an absolute pleasure to drive with you guys since the TGC days, during the transition period and then watching the league grow and mature. OK, so I had to meet a few of you in real life along the way, that wasn't so great (on both sides I'm sure :D) but here's the thing about this league ... we're not the type of people that turn up on race day and just want to win at all costs. We're more than that. We truly are what the word community is about. In fact, I heard the Oxford Dictionary had a hard time in 2016 choosing their word of the year. Sadly, some sad bastards on the internet voted for "post-truth", a word that was coined 30 years ago, but all of us here know that the real winner should have been "RevSimRacing".

Yes, like all large groups, there are some little cliquey off-shoots, in-jokes galore (which reminds me, Manu, is the lobby up yet, I can't see it? ;)) but, most of all, we're all welcoming of everybody. It doesn't matter if you're as shy as a fox or have a 'Force 10 from Navarone' personality/laugh (on the 'laugh' front, yes, I'm looking at you KMan :D). It doesn't matter if you're here to race for fun, for pleasure, to win, to lose, to laugh, to cry, to come first, to come last, to finish, to DNF (my speciality Gromit). All that matters is that you race and that you enjoy racing.

Buckle up. 2017 is going to be a hell of a ride.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dude what's up you're still not drunk :p
Infraction awarded to the Puff for spreading lies and deceit on tonight, of all nights :|. A night we should celebrate as throwing out the old (wait, no, not me. Yes, I'm old but that's not what I meant. Listen, seriously, can we talk about this? I've got £20 in my wallet and about £6 in coins in my pocket. How about I give you that, you don't throw me out and we pretend this never happened? £200? Are you out of your mind? Fine, throw me into the lake, at least I'll still get to keep my £26. Hey, you come back here with my wallet and trousers. Help. HELP! Does anybody know a good trouser shop that's open at this time of night and maybe can also call me a taxi. No, don't literally call me a taxi, I mean get me a taxi. It's cold. I mean, REALLY cold. I'm not joking, not to put too fine a point on it, my balls are currently sitting somewhere up near my nipples. Yes, that kind of cold. So not only am I cold, and my balls are sitting so far up my body that even the finest soprano on helium would be jealous of my vocal abilities right now, you bastards have taken £26 out of my wallet and pockets. I really just want to go home and celebrate the new year in style ... in front of a fire (that I don't have) with Jules Holland on the telly and a bottle of bubbly (which I do have) in my belly) and ushering in the new.

Happy new Year.

cheers!

Hic!

Users who are viewing this thread