(free) Video Editing Software? (1 Viewer)

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
So, what software do you guys use for editing your recorded videos?

I can now finally, due to my PC upgrade, record my own game play and see if I can find joy in editing + publishing the recorded game play.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This isn't going to help you, I know but Windows Movie Maker, which is part of Live Essentials, is free but, sadly, the video output is "a bit shit"*. I stopped using it years ago, because of the poor final output and bought Premiere Elements. It's not free (sadly) and is far from perfect but it works logically, which suits me!

* this is possibly a contender for understatement of the year, 2017!

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm quite enjoying Shotcut. It does the basics for me, but seems to have a whole lot more.

The video is from drink drive Friday and not showing off skills, rather the video quality I'm happy with.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Windows Movie Maker was fantastic but no longer available either. Unless you haven't undated/reset your PC in the last year or so then it's gooooone. :(

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
Windows Movie Maker was fantastic but no longer available either. Unless you haven't undated/reset your PC in the last year or so then it's gooooone. :(
You can download it as a W10 app, but its rubbish...changed so much:(

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a Macbook for the 'serious' work, so i use iMovie. :) The newer versions are quite ok.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For little projects, HitFilm Express is surprisingly good. It's primarily a VFX suite, but it can do normal video editing just fine, and is pretty easy to pick up. It's good enough for basic editing, and the base version is free! You can buy upgrades for more fancy/tacky video effects, advanced features, more export options etc. - but you can get by with the free version just fine.

If you really want to go into the deep end with editing, Davinci Resolve is a professional spec package that's also free (remarkably). The free version has all the features you'll ever need, they make their money from production companies paying for team collaboration features, hardware controllers, infrastructure etc. The free version is a rival for Final Cut & Premiere Pro. Did I say it was free?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Power director 12 its an older version but its full version and free.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am using Sony Vegas Pro 15 but obviously, it is not for free^^

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am using Sony Vegas Pro 15 but obviously, it is not for free^^
Yeah, I'm using Vegas Pro 15 as well. For me the best software. But DaVinci is very good. It's worth a try.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, you can register many email address and infinitely use Sony products' demo version :D

Users who are viewing this thread