Project CARS 2 Confidence, where you fit in (1 Viewer)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What i think would help you for both experience and confidence would be to join us on teamspeak, get to know us and join in with out practices(online together). when there is a big event/season we quite often have a number of us testing together because this gives us the advantages of helping each other solve setup issues.

Testing together also allows you to learn from the other members who are always willing to help. I personally prefer testing together as it gives me a chance to follow other drivers and understand how they drive. I personally find i can learn alot about someone when they are on track. That knowledge i gain can be used during the race to defend or overtake.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer testing together as it gives me a chance to follow other drivers and understand how they drive.

Ya filthy racing spy :D

totally true though, as thats how most of my testing was done, learning the tracks I did away from group parctices as it cuts out distractions so you can focus on learning.

but group practicing is, from what a lot of us are seeing becoming more essential.

So come join us.....your culture shall adapt to......:borg:

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ya filthy racing spy :D

totally true though, as thats how most of my testing was done.

:D Its amazing what you can learn. for example, certain drivers i have tested with and followed will respond to a "dummy" overtake and defend thus loosing the advantage. because i do my homework when testing, this allows me to plan ahead my overtakes.

Example 1 - Calculated overtakes

In the Clip above(5:44-6:00) I was the white car with @Cluck the yellow. I gave cluck limited options heading into Turn 1. Because of the tighter corner he had to take, his minimum speed was lower, this also made him slower on the exit with the run to Turn 2. As u can see, in the braking zone i took a much wider line into the corner to allow me to carry more speed around the outside with the move completed by turn 2.

In this situation i had already calculated the move before the last corner of the lap and decided to gain the position i would have to have the inside for turn 2 which meant the outside of turn 1.

Track knowledge, confidence and trust is key to racing, it doesn't always work out but sometimes it does.

Example 2 - Trust in your fellow racer.

In the Clip above(9:30-9:45) I was the white car with @t0daY being the black/green. In this case, there was far more risk involved than Example 1 but because i trust Manu not to turn in on me, I could see he left the "door" open as he took the optimal line through the corner, This gave me a chance for an overtake which in this case sadly didn't work out but although it may look like we touched, we never had contact.

Example 2 - Opportunistic overtakes

In the Clip above(11:58-12:07) I was the white car with @t0daY being the black/green. Sometimes the overtakes present themselves with out much time to really think about them. For me as long as i know how the car will handle I will take moves like that, but its high risk and involves a lot of trust as you are trusting the other drivers not to slow or turn in.

As i have said above, getting to know your fellow drivers can really help when racing. but most importantly, understand the car and track.

RSR stands out from all the other communities simply because of its members, everyone is friendly and willing to help no matter what the issue is, all you need to do is ask. And having already passed induction your more than welcome to come back to gain more experience(it is open to everyone although focused on applicants/probationers).

See you on track :)

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread