iRacing Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
If they had a separate product they would need to have a completely new graphics engine imo - so all the bells and whistles are there to compete with the latest sims. They could use it to update iracing aged engine.

Im no fan of the handling of the free cars up to 2 years ago. I want to feel the loss of grip not just hear it. Although it sounds like the newest GTE/GT3 options have much more informative FFB.

Also the graphics seemed really quite dated although I hear good things about VR implementation...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The VR in iRacing is excellent, there's no doubt about it, especially without the need to spend £700 on a GPU. It's mostly because there is less graphical finesse but that does mean you get the full car rendered in cockpit view, so the bodywork shows up in all the mirrors (including the rear-view mirror) and you get a full frame-rate all the time on less than top-tier GPUs. Swings and roundabouts innit :).

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It also mentioned LMP1 cars, plural, in the next season build.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It also mentioned LMP1 cars, plural, in the next season build.

Porsche and Audi, that is already confirmed for half a year now :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
@Bassetts what is the voice activated fuel calculator that you use? I want to get rid of my 4th screen to free up some resources.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are we going to run several cars for 12H Bathurst?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Bathurst? BATHURST? Did somebody mention Bathurst?

:D

Our glorious leader has already asked if I wanted to take part, given that I might know a thing or do about the flow of the circuit ;). I'll probably suck hard at it though as I'm too used to the (supposedly) flawed version in pCARS. I'd love to join in though, if we're running some cars there :)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Me and some of my friends (rookies) are interested in the race, but we need some technical assistance, so we are considering running under RSR banner :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Technical as in?

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Setup, that's why we are thinking about to run under RSR banner

Pretty sure I can be of assistance. Just make sure you guys know what car to run and I can start on a baseline ;)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Milestone update!
Captureee.PNG

Reactions: Tom

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Top work mate, will be a while before I get there :D

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick question - I planned to do some special events only in iRacing, spend the least money on it as possible too. Which GT3 and GTE cars are the most universal and good all-round cars?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick question - I planned to do some special events only in iRacing, spend the least money on it as possible too. Which GT3 and GTE cars are the most universal and good all-round cars?
AMG GT3 is the best allrounder imo and the two GTE's are almost equal, but i think the Ferrari is a bit more stable.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The current BOP for the GT3 cars favors the AMG. That might change after the Bathurst 12hrs.

The GTE cars are quite equal, but as the Ferrari excels with cornering ad is more nimble. It’s easier to drive then the Ford.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
According to the release notes that the new BoP is based on the performance of R8. Does it makes R8 the "car of season"?

Users who are viewing this thread