Project CARS 2 ABS vs. Oversteering (1 Viewer)

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
just wanted to ask you how you handle ABS. I in general "learned" to drive without ABS in pCARS2 because in some cases the rear starts breaking out (and loose control) as soon as I turn in and I like breaking into corners. If I don't use ABS I can put my break bias far more to the rear and can handle the rear better.

The disadvantage are the risk of locking tires especially in rain conditions. Is that only my driving style that I often loose the rear with ABS enabled?

With my driving style and ABS enabled I loose almost everytime control of the car at Schlossgold (3). Do you manually blip during downshifts? Any general tips? That problem isn't car specific.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sounds like you could do with reducing the brake pressure & changing the bias corner to corner if you have the ability to do so. Lot of work but your tyres will thank you for it.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm actually altering brake bias sometimes in time trials but that's too much of stress for a complete race for me. I'm trying to lower brake bias and check if that helps. Thx

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Actually the breaking out of the rear end is pretty typical for coming off Schönberggerade turning into Schlossgold, i have raced this track with many cars in pCars2 as it is my home track and i had that problem with nearly every car i raced there, for me braking a bit earlier and being not as agressive as normal helped also

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
i have raced this track with many cars in pCars2 as it is my home track and i had that problem with nearly every car i raced there

Yep I experienced that problem with a lot of cars, too. The odd thing is that the problem gets smaller without ABS :)

Users who are viewing this thread